Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News $1.2 TRILLION Congressional spending bill funds LGBTQ group pushing chest binders, 'p
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
$1.2 TRILLION Congressional spending bill funds LGBTQ group pushing chest binders, 'p
Quote:Around 2:30 am on Thursday, Congress released the text of a 1,000+ page and $1.2 trillion spending package. $400,000 of it is set to be funneled to Briarpatch Youth Services which gives chest binders to teenagers, earmarked by Democratic Wisconsin Senator Tammy Baldwin.

The continuing resolution, set to fund the government through Fiscal Year 2024, has $293,757,369 set to be directed to "Community Project 23 Funding and Congressionally Directed Spending grants."

An addendum to the package sets apart $400,000 of this to be given to Briarpatch Youth Services, an organization whose mission is to "strengthen the lives of youth and families" in Dane County, Wisconsin.

A program of Briarpatch is the Teens Like Us Program (TLU) program, an LGBTQ organization that you do not need parental permission to join and is a place where youth ages 13-18 can "come out."

TLU from Briarpatch still requires masks to be worn in person, according to its website, for youth group events. The website states about chest binders, "Need gender affirming clothing (binders, gaffs, etc.) but you can’t afford them or you aren’t 'out'? We can help! Email us at TLU@briarpatch.org to learn more!"

"Our favorite online shop for binders, gaffs, swimwear, and more is Origami Customs. They can also make custom sizes at no extra charge! They also have great resources to teach you how to measure yourself for the best fitting garment, and how to practice safe binding and tucking. Check them out here: https://origamicustoms.com/."

One testimonial about the group stated, "They’ve offered me resources like binders and packers (which is awesome)."

The group also offers youth packers, fake breasts, trans tape kits, pride flags, pride decorations, and pronoun pins.

Link

03-22-2024 11:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
RE: $1.2 TRILLION Congressional spending bill funds LGBTQ group pushing chest binders, 'p
Fox News just put MTG on blast for her threatening to remove Johnson as the speaker. All the republicans on Outnumbered were saying this is nothing but a publicity stunt and there is no better preson than Johnson to be speaker. Very interesting, it seems like she may have stepped too far on this one as even other Republicans in the congress said no one listens to her or cares what she has to say anymore.
03-22-2024 11:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

RE: $1.2 TRILLION Congressional spending bill funds LGBTQ group pushing chest binders, 'p
03-22-2024 11:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
They just do whatever they want anymore. They don't give a chit what we think.
03-22-2024 11:27 AM
200yrs2late Online
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
The problem is no republican has the balls to publicly support the cuts needed to fix the country. All the republicans are hanging their hat on is another world war that will reset the global economy and save their asses.
03-22-2024 11:43 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

[Image: GJSWgyVbcAAXDLt?format=jpg&name=medium]
03-22-2024 11:53 AM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
MTG files lotion to vacate speaker.

These ******* idiots really want Hakeem Jeffries to be in charge.

Stupid party fixing to take more Ls. in 2024.
03-22-2024 12:04 PM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
Just a red meat article to get people all up in arms over the funding of stupid stuff. If we would go thru all the past budgets over the past 50 years I have zero doubt we would find a lot of similar types of waste and bloat. Unfortunately we're never going to have enough checks and balances to ever eliminate corruption and waste. I don't know what the long term answer is, because if you simply enact term limits and age restrictions in order to force more turnover of elected officials - you'll ultimately make the permanent gov't workers more powerful.
03-22-2024 12:08 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
(03-22-2024 12:08 PM)miko33 Wrote:  Just a red meat article to get people all up in arms over the funding of stupid stuff. If we would go thru all the past budgets over the past 50 years I have zero doubt we would find a lot of similar types of waste and bloat. Unfortunately we're never going to have enough checks and balances to ever eliminate corruption and waste. I don't know what the long term answer is, because if you simply enact term limits and age restrictions in order to force more turnover of elected officials - you'll ultimately make the permanent gov't workers more powerful.

Age limits and hard max years of service for the bureaucratic employees over a certain G grade sounds good, too.
03-22-2024 12:10 PM
miko33 Offline

(03-22-2024 12:04 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  MTG files lotion to vacate speaker.

These ******* idiots really want Hakeem Jeffries to be in charge.

Stupid party fixing to take more Ls. in 2024.

Regardless of whether you were a big fan of Johnson or not, the true issue was the McCarthy should have never been booted in the first place. The speaker had such little margin for error that coupled with the other party controlling the senate and WH that the GOP never had a strong hand in the first place.

MTG is a retard - like many of the other newer GOP who are working hard to not look like the establishment or RINOs. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face...
03-22-2024 12:11 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Yep. These clowns can't help but to help democrats if it means getting some camera time to screed. Real problem is there are too many in the republican base who are just as big of a retard as MTG is half the time. Dummies will cheer this.

Wait for it. It's coming. Take the L.
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2024 12:18 PM by rath v2.0.)
03-22-2024 12:14 PM
Advertisement

Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
I don't even want to TALK about whether or not these are good ideas....

I'm wondering why the hell clothing of ANY type is a federal issue?

Seriously, why is abortion between a woman and her doctor but chest binders are a matter for Congress??
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2024 12:25 PM by Hambone10.)
03-22-2024 12:24 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

BREAKING: Senate Passes $1.2 Trillion Budget Package, Blocks Inclusion of Laken Riley Act

Quote:Different year, same story. Yet again, Congress has passed a bloated budget bill that nobody's read at the very last minute to avoid a government shutdown - as if the federal government would ever really fully shut down, and as if that would be a terrible thing.

Around noontime Friday the House of Representatives passed a $1.2 trillion spending package, avoiding the dreaded "government shutdown," sending that suite of bills to the Senate for passage. The bills passed the Senate after 2 AM, Eastern Daylight Time.

The Senate missed the deadline by a few hours, so technically parts of the government were shut down during that time.

And the earth kept spinning.

Why the delay? Accoridng to Fox News Digital:

The upper chamber's Republicans and Democrats did not reach a deal in which they would forego a lengthy period of debate and swiftly take a vote on the spending bills in time to avoid the shutdown. Due to disagreements between the parties on whether to consider several amendments, the bills weren't passed prior to the 12:01 a.m. deadline on Saturday.

However, within the 11 p.m. hour on Friday night, the parties appeared to reach an agreement, with senators returning to the floor. Two senior GOP Senate sources confirmed to Fox News Digital that votes on amendments and the spending package are expected shortly after midnight. Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., announced that an agreement was reached on the floor with only minutes until midnight, adding that several amendment votes would take place first.

Senators did, however, vote to protect illegal immigrants who are violent criminals.

Sen. Eric Schmitt (R-MO) had some strong words about the whole process.

He's absolutely right.
03-23-2024 09:19 AM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
Boy it looks like 2 of the biggest "we must cut pork" (unless it helps me) people on this board are up in arms over someone calling for Republicans to not vote in laws doing just that....

edit: sure I know all of these bills in my lifetime included "pork" but you 2 seems to go on and on and on about spending...unless they are getting a piece of it or they dont like the person standing up
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2024 11:11 AM by WKUYG.)
03-23-2024 10:59 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(03-23-2024 09:19 AM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  BREAKING: Senate Passes $1.2 Trillion Budget Package, Blocks Inclusion of Laken Riley Act

So republicans in the house, why not grow a f-ing pair and vote it down? Oh yeah, I forgot, you f-ed up the 2022 election so badly that you only have a razor-thin margin, and you don’t have a strong enough leader to hold it together. I am really, really tired of your incompetence.
03-23-2024 11:27 AM
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
This is an absolute disgrace for ALL of those @ssh0les in Congress and Senate. None of them have the guts to stand firm and end the bleeding; just keep voting in outrageous budgets and grow the debt. US citizens can end it by voting in new members but that will never happen....everyone thinks THEIR Congressional Rep or Senator is great!!

THROW THEM ALL OUT AND START OVER.

Meanwhile, the southern border is totally wide open under this pathetic joke of an Administration and being infiltrated by whoever can walk across the border.

This country deserves whatever happens.
03-23-2024 11:47 AM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
(03-23-2024 11:27 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(03-23-2024 09:19 AM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  BREAKING: Senate Passes $1.2 Trillion Budget Package, Blocks Inclusion of Laken Riley Act

So republicans in the house, why not grow a f-ing pair and vote it down? Oh yeah, I forgot, you f-ed up the 2022 election so badly that you only have a razor-thin margin, and you don’t have a strong enough leader to hold it together. I am really, really tired of your incompetence.

Who f-ed up 2022?

Guess who's hand picked house candidates these losers were.

Bo Hines—defeated in North Carolina's District 13 by Wiley Nickel.
Steve Chabot—defeated in Ohio's District 1 by Greg Landsman.
Madison Gesiotto Gilbert—defeated in Ohio's District 13 by Emilia Sykes.
John Gibbs—defeated in Michigan District 3 by Hillary Scholten.
Yesli Vega—defeated in Virginia's District 7 by Abigail Spanberger.
Karoline Leavitt—defeated in New Hampshire's District 1 by Rep. Chris Pappas.
J.R. Majewski—defeated in Ohio's District 9 by Marcy Kaptur.
Sandy Smith—defeated in North Carolina's District 1 by Don Davis.
Robert Burns—defeated in New Hampshire's District 2 by Ann McLane Kuster.
Sarah Palin—defeated in Alaska's At-Large District 2 by Mary Petlota.
Jim Bognet—defeated in Pennsylvania's District 8 by Matt Cartwright.
03-23-2024 11:49 AM
miko33 Offline

(03-23-2024 11:49 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  

Who f-ed up 2022?

Guess who's hand picked house candidates these losers were.

Bo Hines—defeated in North Carolina's District 13 by Wiley Nickel.
Steve Chabot—defeated in Ohio's District 1 by Greg Landsman.
Madison Gesiotto Gilbert—defeated in Ohio's District 13 by Emilia Sykes.
John Gibbs—defeated in Michigan District 3 by Hillary Scholten.
Yesli Vega—defeated in Virginia's District 7 by Abigail Spanberger.
Karoline Leavitt—defeated in New Hampshire's District 1 by Rep. Chris Pappas.
J.R. Majewski—defeated in Ohio's District 9 by Marcy Kaptur.
Sandy Smith—defeated in North Carolina's District 1 by Don Davis.
Robert Burns—defeated in New Hampshire's District 2 by Ann McLane Kuster.
Sarah Palin—defeated in Alaska's At-Large District 2 by Mary Petlota.
Jim Bognet—defeated in Pennsylvania's District 8 by Matt Cartwright.

Don’t forget his hand picked senate candidate in PA - the wonderful Oz losing to Fetterman plus Hershel losing to Warnock in GA. He screwed the pooch on senate candidates too.
03-23-2024 01:02 PM
200yrs2late Online
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
$1.2 TRILLION Congressional spending bill funds LGBTQ group pushing chest binders, 'p
House never should have passed it. Let the government shut down, then soend a week highlighting all the waste and so ial spending before coming back and demanding a clean spending bill.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk
03-23-2024 01:19 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(03-23-2024 11:49 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
Who f-ed up 2022?

A republican.
03-23-2024 02:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.