Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mexican president says the 'flow of migrants will continue' unless the US meets his d
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
Mexican president says the 'flow of migrants will continue' unless the US meets his d
Quote:Alfonsi noted Obrador's demands for the U.S. to send $20 billion a year to Latin America countries, lift sanctions on Venezuela, end the Cuban embargo and legalize millions of Mexicans that are living in the U.S.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/mexican-pr...ts-demands
03-26-2024 08:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
Sounds like he wants Mexico to become a US territory.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk
03-26-2024 08:20 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
RE: Mexican president says the 'flow of migrants will continue' unless the US meets his d
Sounds like he knows that his and Biden's objectives are aligned.
03-26-2024 08:21 AM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
RE: Mexican president says the 'flow of migrants will continue' unless the US meets his d
(03-26-2024 08:20 AM)200yrs2late Wrote:  Sounds like he wants Mexico to become a US territory.

This.

It would be cheaper and we'd get all sorts of new coastline...

and the border we'd NOW need to secure would be vastly smaller
03-26-2024 08:25 AM
andybible1995 Online
All American

I Root For: TN, MTSU, MD
(03-26-2024 08:20 AM)200yrs2late Wrote:  Sounds like he wants Mexico to become a US territory.

That was attempted 20 years ago with the North American Union.
03-26-2024 08:44 AM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
(03-26-2024 08:25 AM)Hambone10 Wrote:  

This.

We're talking huge investments to make something like that happen - on the scale of several "Build the Interstate Highway System" level of projects.
03-26-2024 08:48 AM
Advertisement

YNot Offline
All American

I Root For: BYU
22'50 or fight!
03-26-2024 02:38 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(03-26-2024 08:48 AM)miko33 Wrote:  

This.

We're talking huge investments to make something like that happen - on the scale of several "Build the Interstate Highway System" level of projects.

Yes.... but imagine what the Mexican economy is worth at American valuations. 125mm people and a GDP of only 1.25 trillion vs our 350mm people and 23 trillion?

I know you probably don't remotely get there... but the whole is going to be worth much more than the sum of its parts... especially when you cut back on the voluntary criminal element with few barriers to entry and replace it with the elected criminal element.
03-26-2024 03:27 PM
ODUsmitty Online
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
F U Obrador. I don’t give two ***** about what you demand. Stick a mexican cactus up your arse and go f*ck yourself.
03-26-2024 11:37 PM
Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston
(03-26-2024 11:37 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  F U Obrador. I don’t give two ***** about what you demand. Stick a mexican cactus up your arse and go f*ck yourself.

Yup. We should be entertaining any demands from a nation allowing massive caravans of migrants to traverse their territory with the express intent of illegally entering the US. He let them into Mexico---they should be his problem--and when Trump becomes president----they will be his problem.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2024 11:56 PM by Attackcoog.)
03-26-2024 11:55 PM
Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
Let’s look around and find someone else to blame for our own stupidity. Anyone but ourselves….

Always someone else’s fault.
03-27-2024 12:52 AM
Advertisement

Was SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mustard Buzzard
Maybe we should consider a special military operation.
03-27-2024 07:41 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Paco wouldn't have a leg to stand on if the border was secured.
03-27-2024 08:23 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(03-27-2024 08:23 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  Paco wouldn't have a leg to stand on if the border was secured.

XACLY!

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao at Paco! (Chico works well, too) ... 03-wink
03-27-2024 08:30 AM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
(03-26-2024 03:27 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  

This.

Yes.... but imagine what the Mexican economy is worth at American valuations. 125mm people and a GDP of only 1.25 trillion vs our 350mm people and 23 trillion?

I know you probably don't remotely get there... but the whole is going to be worth much more than the sum of its parts... especially when you cut back on the voluntary criminal element with few barriers to entry and replace it with the elected criminal element.

I get it - I don't think it would be a bad investment at all. That said, it would be a lot of belt tightening in the short term to absorb them into the U.S. In particular, we'd likely be in a guerilla war with the cartels for several years.

Interesting hypothetical to consider though!
03-27-2024 08:36 AM
MemTigers1998 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(03-27-2024 07:41 AM)Was SoMs Eagle Wrote:  Maybe we should consider a special military operation.

I’ve been saying that for years. Put the US military defending the Mexican border. Ground and air with orders to kill anyone trying to come across. Would stop illegal alien problem real quick. Phase 2 of that plan is to cut out a whole bunch of gov assistance to the low life’s here now. Plenty of jobs available now in construction, landscaping, fruit picking, and so forth. Phase 3 - the low life’s who don’t wanna work and want to make a living being a criminal, locked up max sentence
03-27-2024 09:01 AM
Advertisement

200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

This.

My thoughts exactly. Honestly why stop at Mexico? Let's just go right on down to Panama and spend 20 years and $2 trillion to make Mexico and Central America stable democratically-minded territories rather than was $2 trillion in the middle east and Africa over the next 20 years.

I'd be good with telling China not to touch S. Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and Australia and letting have a larger sphere of influence over the middle east and Africa. Same with Russia. Let the EU and NATO (along with US assistance) manage eastern Europe.

It would be money better wasted if not more well spent in our hemisphere. It would greatly solve immigration, oil production/acquisition, and manufacturing.
03-27-2024 10:04 AM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

(03-27-2024 08:36 AM)miko33 Wrote:  
(03-26-2024 03:27 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  

This.

I get it - I don't think it would be a bad investment at all. That said, it would be a lot of belt tightening in the short term to absorb them into the U.S. In particular, we'd likely be in a guerilla war with the cartels for several years.

Interesting hypothetical to consider though!

Military special forces live-fire training just in case China or Russia decide to do more than pop-off at the mouth.
03-27-2024 10:06 AM
Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston
(03-27-2024 09:01 AM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  
(03-27-2024 07:41 AM)Was SoMs Eagle Wrote:  Maybe we should consider a special military operation.

I’ve been saying that for years. Put the US military defending the Mexican border. Ground and air with orders to kill anyone trying to come across. Would stop illegal alien problem real quick. Phase 2 of that plan is to cut out a whole bunch of gov assistance to the low life’s here now. Plenty of jobs available now in construction, landscaping, fruit picking, and so forth. Phase 3 - the low life’s who don’t wanna work and want to make a living being a criminal, locked up max sentence

While it would probably be effective at reducing illegal crossings, I suspect killing families crossing the border is a PR nightmare no president wants to deal with. What Trump set up worked quite well---and all one need do to get the Mexican president to come off his high horse demands pretty quickly is to simply close the border. There is nothing coming in from Mexico we cant do without. I suspect the Mexican president would ditch his demands in no time and welcome a return to the Trumps old "stay in Mexico" policy if it got the border back open for Mexican exports.

If I was going to use troops, Id give them the ability to use deadly force to protect themselves---but I'd also have them also aremed with non-lethal means to apprehend fleeing suspects. I'd then instantly jail any adult caught entering the nation illegally for two years---but they could opt for 1 year in a farm labor camp where they would work at the present prison labor wage rate, but would work under a supervised program where they would be available as migrant laborers for area farmers. They could keep their earnings when they leave prison and are returned to their nation of origin---but the cost of transport back to their nation of origin would be subtracted from their accumulated earnings as would a fine.

This would leave families sending adult males to America who is apprehended with no earnings for an entire year---and that prospect alone would likely discourage the vast majority of folks from even bothering with trying to cross into the country illegally for economic gain.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024 12:38 PM by Attackcoog.)
03-27-2024 12:35 PM
Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
We’re begging third world countries to do things for us because we can’t get them done ourselves. The same countries we insult, threaten and blame for a variety of our problems.

It’s embarrassing.

It’s no wonder Mexico wants to join BRICS.

Amazin’
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024 01:05 PM by Todor.)
03-27-2024 01:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.