Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

EMU to begin removing track at Rynearson Stadium next week
Bookmark and Share
BeatWestern! Offline
All American

I Root For: Central Michigan
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2024 05:27 PM by BeatWestern!.)
03-30-2024 05:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

indianasniff Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
I hope that the new turf is not gray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-30-2024 07:58 PM
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies
RE: EMU to begin removing track at Rynearson Stadium next week
Seems like a nice upgrade for EMU.

Question: Do Eastern Michigan fans like the gray?

I like that they have their brand. No one else is doing gray, so EMU has a thing that's totally theirs in FBS. That said -- I have yet to get used to watching games on that field on ESPN.
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2024 08:59 PM by Schadenfreude.)
03-30-2024 08:58 PM
OUBobcat1804 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Ohio
(03-30-2024 05:26 PM)BeatWestern! Wrote:  This is great news, indeed!

https://twitter.com/CFBcampustour/status...9307016404

Such as shame. The EMU Track Team has 10X the success of their Football team
03-30-2024 10:32 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
What's the point of removing the track if you are not going to lower the field so seats can be closer to the field?
03-31-2024 07:17 AM
Old Man Flash Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kent State
(03-31-2024 07:17 AM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  What's the point of removing the track if you are not going to lower the field so seats can be closer to the field?

That’s the 1st thing I thought of. They certainly don’t need more seats and that’s what moving seats closer to the field would do. Guess some think it’ll look better w/o the track. If that’s the case, a lot of money spent for nothing in my opinion.
03-31-2024 07:59 AM
Advertisement

Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
(03-31-2024 07:59 AM)Old Man Flash Wrote:  
(03-31-2024 07:17 AM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  What's the point of removing the track if you are not going to lower the field so seats can be closer to the field?

That’s the 1st thing I thought of. They certainly don’t need more seats and that’s what moving seats closer to the field would do. Guess some think it’ll look better w/o the track. If that’s the case, a lot of money spent for nothing in my opinion.
Well there is that thought by many that a track around a field is not what you should see at an FBS stadium. How they adjust around that and fill in the gap will be interesting.
03-31-2024 08:20 AM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
Dear MAC members,
As usual, some here, are just here to criticize Eastern. For years, the complaint was why doesn't Eastern get rid of the track. Now that it is being eliminated, why aren't seats being added? It's easy to be a monday morning quarterback.
The new football field will continue to be gray. That is part of our identity. Most Eastern fans like the gray.
03-31-2024 09:26 AM
BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
(03-30-2024 10:32 PM)OUBobcat1804 Wrote:  
(03-30-2024 05:26 PM)BeatWestern! Wrote:  This is great news, indeed!

https://twitter.com/CFBcampustour/status...9307016404

Such as shame. The EMU Track Team has 10X the success of their Football team

If the EMU Track team has more success than their football team, why would you be saying it's a shame that they are being upgraded from a 6-lane track to an 8-lane track and from field events organized around the need to not interfere with a football field to field events with dedicated field event layout and markings?

The new track & field facility they are working on is a big upgrade from being limited to competing at a dual purpose track & field and football facility.

[Edited to avoid burying the lede]
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2024 09:49 AM by BruceMcF.)
03-31-2024 01:11 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

(03-31-2024 09:26 AM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear MAC members,
As usual, some here, are just here to criticize Eastern. For years, the complaint was why doesn't Eastern get rid of the track. Now that it is being eliminated, why aren't seats being added? It's easy to be a monday morning quarterback.
The new football field will continue to be gray. That is part of our identity. Most Eastern fans like the gray.

Dear Ken Barna,
As usual, you take offense to comments that are not critical of emu. My question is a legitimate question - why remove the track if the stands won't be any closer to the field?
03-31-2024 07:24 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
I liked the track, added some uniqueness.

Guess what, all our stadiums get criticized for beiing like high school stadiums, removing the track won't get rid of that complaint.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2024 08:48 PM by Bronco'14.)
03-31-2024 08:47 PM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(03-31-2024 08:47 PM)Bronco14 Wrote:  I liked the track, added some uniqueness.

Guess what, all our stadiums get criticized for beiing like high school stadiums, removing the track won't get rid of that complaint.

EMU has done a tremendous job in the last 25+ years with the arena, SAPC, and now removing the track.

Thee arena and SAPC are bookends and the turf rendering looks great.
04-01-2024 05:07 AM
BeatWestern! Offline
All American

I Root For: Central Michigan
(04-01-2024 05:07 AM)emu steve Wrote:  

EMU has done a tremendous job in the last 25+ years with the arena, SAPC, and now removing the track.

Thee arena and SAPC are bookends and the turf rendering looks great.

I agree, Steve, Rynearson is going to look so much better without the track and the new performance center with video board is a huge upgrade. It would be very easy for EMU to have a picnic area (field seating) on either end of the field.

Perhaps the only thing remaining that needs to be upgraded is the press box.
04-01-2024 07:17 AM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear MidnightBlueGold,
When one criticizes an aspect of a university, aren't you being critical of the whole, because they (university) control the aspect being criticized. You may not agree with that, but that is the way I look at it.
In any case, my point about people complaining about the track, has been going on for years. As far as adding more seats, they would be lower, besides being closer, and not necessarily add to better viewing. The closer to field level, the worse the view.
04-01-2024 08:55 AM
BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.

What does upgrading EMU's track and field facilities have to do with criticisms of MAC football stadiums?

Remember that the track at the EMU football stadium is not up the the standard to host NCAA outdoor track and field championships ... you need an eight lane track for that.
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2024 01:30 PM by BruceMcF.)
04-01-2024 01:28 PM
Left-coast MAC fan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Buffalo
What would really be great is, removing the track, shifting the field about 30 feet closer to the visiting grandstand, and then tear down the home side and completely rebuild it, with 21st-century amenities, an upgraded press box and concessions, a nice team store like CMU has. You could get by with just the visiting-side grandstand for one season while construction is in progress.

Hey if I had $500M I'd donate $30m to the project! Had a great time at EMU last year on our MACtion trip.
04-01-2024 02:57 PM
Advertisement

MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

(04-01-2024 08:55 AM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear MidnightBlueGold,
When one criticizes an aspect of a university, aren't you being critical of the whole, because they (university) control the aspect being criticized. You may not agree with that, but that is the way I look at it.
In any case, my point about people complaining about the track, has been going on for years. As far as adding more seats, they would be lower, besides being closer, and not necessarily add to better viewing. The closer to field level, the worse the view.

The seats would not be lower and creating a worse view if the field is lowered. Many stadiums have done that when removing a track around a field.
04-01-2024 04:09 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(04-01-2024 04:09 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  

The seats would not be lower and creating a worse view if the field is lowered. Many stadiums have done that when removing a track around a field.

I would assume dropping the field is very expensive,

I assume if EMU had the bucks to do it would be to move the field say 15 yards south toward the basketball arena.
04-01-2024 04:35 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

(04-01-2024 04:35 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(04-01-2024 04:09 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  

I would assume dropping the field is very expensive,

I assume if EMU had the bucks to do it would be to move the field say 15 yards south toward the basketball arena.

I agree that it is probably very expensive. But why remove the track if you aren't going to lower the field?
04-01-2024 05:56 PM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear MidnightBlueGold,
Please be first to donate the first million in costs to do what you propose. It's always nice to know that people who have no connection to what others may do, have all the answers.
04-01-2024 08:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.