Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pro Palestinian Protestors block GG Bridge traffic in both directions
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
Protestors supporting the Palestinians have blocked traffic in both directions on the Golden Gate Bridge (880 freeway).

This protest action began around 730am in SFO and is still ongoing despite the CHP and SFO police presence at the blockage point in the middle of the bridge. Currently traffic is backed up in the southbound lane all the way back to Sausalito.

A bit strange that law enforcement would force traffic to sit for hours tolerating the blocking action of maybe 16 or so protestors.

Chopper footage of the protest on the Golden Gate Bridge showed protesters with a banner that read "STOP THE WORLD FOR GAZA" across the southbound lanes.

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/new...francisco/
04-15-2024 01:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
RE: Pro Palestinian Protestors block GG Bridge traffic in both directions
(04-15-2024 01:03 PM)boss man Wrote:  A bit strange that law enforcement would force traffic to sit for hours tolerating the blocking action of maybe 16 or so protestors.
Not all law enforcement is cut from the same cloth!
04-15-2024 01:07 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(04-15-2024 01:07 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(04-15-2024 01:03 PM)boss man Wrote:  A bit strange that law enforcement would force traffic to sit for hours tolerating the blocking action of maybe 16 or so protestors.
Not all law enforcement is cut from the same cloth!

Nope, the police in SF carry pink pistols with rubber bullets. They wouldn't want to hurt their famiies that are out protesting.
04-15-2024 01:46 PM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
I'm so looking forward to democrat convention in chicago ...
1968 anybody ...

SUNSHINE OF YOUR LOVE
04-15-2024 01:58 PM
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
I am watching it on TV and a comment was made about possibly the GGB protestors have shut down their vehicles, making them unable to be driven off the bridge? Maybe threw the keys into the Bay?

Whatever, let SFO PD figure it out. My solution is have a big helicopter (Chinook) hook the protestors' cars one at a time and drop the cars into the Bay. Since the bridge supports prevent a direct lift from above, simply clear an area on one side of the GGB, attach two hooks to a car and drag it off the bridge over the side rails. Yes, this damages the side rails and possibly scratches the car a bit, LOL. But at least the bridge is cleared in about an hour.

The REAL bonus would be catching the protestors' reactions on TV as their cars are dragged and dumped in SfO Bay.

Yeah, wreckers could be used but that takes much more time plus the cars are still functional. Maybe its time to teach these protestors a lesson. US citizens have a constitutional right to protest BUT you are not allowed to impede other citizens from pursuing their business, bring commerce to a standstill, endanger lives (people needing medication due to excessive delay or on the way to doctor/hospital).

Drag the vehicles into the Bay; it = another example of PSGWSP. Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes.
04-15-2024 02:05 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(04-15-2024 01:58 PM)green Wrote:  I'm so looking forward to democrat convention in chicago ...
1968 anybody ...

SUNSHINE OF YOUR LOVE

[Image: 8mvurs.jpg]

[Image: 8mvui2.jpg]
04-15-2024 04:05 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
04-15-2024 04:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
It's time to start shooting to kill.
04-15-2024 04:29 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

Really. Who cares, it's SF, let them deal with what they always allow to happen. Burn, baby, burn.
04-15-2024 04:44 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(04-15-2024 01:03 PM)boss man Wrote:  Protestors supporting the Palestinians have blocked traffic in both directions on the Golden Gate Bridge (880 freeway).

This protest action began around 730am in SFO and is still ongoing despite the CHP and SFO police presence at the blockage point in the middle of the bridge. Currently traffic is backed up in the southbound lane all the way back to Sausalito.

A bit strange that law enforcement would force traffic to sit for hours tolerating the blocking action of maybe 16 or so protestors.

Chopper footage of the protest on the Golden Gate Bridge showed protesters with a banner that read "STOP THE WORLD FOR GAZA" across the southbound lanes.

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/new...francisco/

Idiots. This is how they think they will win hearts and minds?
04-15-2024 04:58 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Great way to get people on your side. Make them miserable, maybe cause grandma to die because responders can’t get to her, maybe somebody loses their job since they can’t get to work. Solid strategy.

Someone should just get out of their car, drag one of the protesters over and toss them off the bridge. When you walk back to get a second one I bet you have a hard time finding anybody.
04-15-2024 04:59 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

04-15-2024 05:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(04-15-2024 05:07 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  

The worst tactics, the worst cause, the worst people.
04-15-2024 05:41 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
why they wearing masks
04-15-2024 05:46 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(04-15-2024 02:05 PM)boss man Wrote:  I am watching it on TV and a comment was made about possibly the GGB protestors have shut down their vehicles, making them unable to be driven off the bridge? Maybe threw the keys into the Bay?

Whatever, let SFO PD figure it out. My solution is have a big helicopter (Chinook) hook the protestors' cars one at a time and drop the cars into the Bay. Since the bridge supports prevent a direct lift from above, simply clear an area on one side of the GGB, attach two hooks to a car and drag it off the bridge over the side rails. Yes, this damages the side rails and possibly scratches the car a bit, LOL. But at least the bridge is cleared in about an hour.

The REAL bonus would be catching the protestors' reactions on TV as their cars are dragged and dumped in SfO Bay.

Yeah, wreckers could be used but that takes much more time plus the cars are still functional. Maybe its time to teach these protestors a lesson. US citizens have a constitutional right to protest BUT you are not allowed to impede other citizens from pursuing their business, bring commerce to a standstill, endanger lives (people needing medication due to excessive delay or on the way to doctor/hospital).

Drag the vehicles into the Bay; it = another example of PSGWSP. Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes.

Yea, but the actual owners of the stolen or car jacked cars kinda get screwed in that scenario too. At least clear out the glove boxes so they can be notified.
04-15-2024 06:09 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
A pro-Palestinian protest that snarles traffic and essentially holds everyone on the bridge hostage in support of a terrorist run group that does not treat the hostages well. I doubt I would have even tapped the breaks if I were the first car they tried to stop.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk
04-15-2024 06:42 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

04-15-2024 07:02 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

(04-15-2024 06:42 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  A pro-Palestinian protest that snarles traffic and essentially holds everyone on the bridge hostage in support of a terrorist run group that does not treat the hostages well. I doubt I would have even tapped the breaks if I were the first car they tried to stop.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Oh, come on, you know you wouldn't. It would be stupid to ruin your life for these misfit devils. They would ruin you especially if you live in a Leftist state. They protect these demons there.
04-15-2024 07:04 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
We need to enlist some illegal aliens to run over them. They're the only ones who wouldn't get charged with a crime for doing it.
04-15-2024 07:26 PM
RuckleSt Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
Do none of these people have jobs?
04-15-2024 08:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.