Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: who should host the 2007 CUSA Tourney???
FedExForum
BJCC
NO Arena
American Airlines Center
TD Waterhouse Centre
[Show Results]

2007 C-USA Tourney...where should it be???
Bookmark and Share
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
2007 C-USA Tourney...where should it be???
who should host the 2007 C-USA Tourney...i think the only places that could pull it off would be Memphis (FedExForum), Birmingham (BJCC), New Orleans (NO Arena), Dallas (American Airlines Center), and maybe Orlando (TD Waterhouse Centre).

i think maybe New Orleans...by next March NO Arena will be fine...it only had minor damage and the Hornets will be back playing games there...it might be good for the NO economy...and i'm sure the people there are missing all the sports they had.

Go Tigers!!!
Drew
02-27-2006 03:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ESE84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice then UH

New Orleans BowlDonators

How about "None of the Above"?

Toyota Center is a fine venue, the City of Houston has two C-USA programs to anchor attendance (and both Houston and Rice will be better next year than this year), and the City of Houston also has the greatest population to sweep in alumni of other programs already living in the Bayou City (especially UTEP).
02-27-2006 03:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
charles Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis

Alternate between Dallas and Orlando.
02-27-2006 03:38 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed

charles Wrote:Alternate between Dallas and Orlando.

Even Britton Banowsky isn't that stupid.
02-27-2006 03:40 PM
Blzer4Life Offline
Super Blazer Moderator

I Root For: UAB

Folding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

BJCC is a proven venue. Plus, it's the most central local...
02-27-2006 03:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies

I chose TD Waterhouse because it is local for me, but I really don't care.
02-27-2006 03:44 PM
Advertisement

charles Offline
Banned

3601 Wrote:

Truthfully, I don't care if it is in Orlando or not. However, the tournament needs to be in Dallas and/or El Paso at least half the time. If you would rather rotate between Memphis and Dallas that's fine also but no way should the tourney be in the east 100% of the time.
02-27-2006 03:46 PM
OwlSD Offline
Way Out West

I Root For: Owls and Bears
Baseball GeniusDonators

Tulsa belongs on the list of possibilities.

The best location is a city where the CUSA tournament will be an event, and not just something drowned out by the NBA and/or NHL.
02-27-2006 03:53 PM
HornLakeTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

charles Wrote:
3601 Wrote:

Truthfully, I don't care if it is in Orlando or not. However, the tournament needs to be in Dallas and/or El Paso at least half the time. If you would rather rotate between Memphis and Dallas that's fine also but no way should the tourney be in the east 100% of the time.

I couldn't ever see it going to El Paso.
02-27-2006 03:54 PM
UofMemphis Away

Donators

OwlSD Wrote:Tulsa belongs on the list of possibilities.

The best location is a city where the CUSA tournament will be an event, and not just something drowned out by the NBA and/or NHL.
the only way it gets to Tulsa would be at ORU's arena...TU's is to small.

Go Tigers!!!
Drew
02-27-2006 03:57 PM
Blzer4Life Offline
Super Blazer Moderator

I Root For: UAB

Folding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

You're all crazy...

Birmingham and the BJCC are the perfect venue and would solve all the problems that you've discussed

a) central local - 12ish hours for the Texas folk, 10ish hours for the florida folk, 4ish hours for the Miss and Tenn folk

b) seating - 12-15,000 would be the perfect number for CUSA right now

c) fan base - Yes, I'm going there. UAB is putting @sses in the seat at other schools (b/s Memphis) and selling out/near sell-outs the Steal Mill. UAB + other schools = easily selling out BJCC
02-27-2006 03:59 PM
Advertisement

UTEPDallas Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTEP/Penn State

HornLakeTiger Wrote:
charles Wrote:
3601 Wrote:

That's fine....the WAC did the same to UTEP. The last time the WAC Tourney was held in El Paso was in 1985. It was not even 6 months after UTEP left the WAC....and their Commish announced Las Cruces (home to NMSU) will host the WAC Tourney for the next two years.

UTEP is one of the heavyweights in this conference....keep us happy...if not...it'll be too late before Banowsky tries to fix it. Just ask Karl Benson.
02-27-2006 04:01 PM
charles Offline
Banned

HornLakeTiger Wrote:
charles Wrote:
3601 Wrote:

Only because of the distance. Our arena seats more than enough people to accomodate the crowds. Even in Memphis no game will have more than maybe 8K in the seats unless Memphis is one of the participants so our 12,000 seat arena is plenty big enough. On the other hand I recognize that getting to El Paso is difficult for most of you so the best compromise is to hold the tournament in Dallas at least 50% of the time. That way UTEP fans will at least get the chance to travel to a nearby location(or at least the nearest one) just like everyone else. Now where you hold the tournament the other 50% of the time I really don't care.
02-27-2006 04:01 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies

BJCC seats around 18,000.
02-27-2006 04:04 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies

charles Wrote:
HornLakeTiger Wrote:
charles Wrote:
3601 Wrote:

Only because of the distance. Our arena seats more than enough people to accomodate the crowds. Even in Memphis no game will have more than maybe 8K in the seats unless Memphis is one of the participants so our 12,000 seat arena is plenty big enough. On the other hand I recognize that getting to El Paso is difficult for most of you so the best compromise is to hold the tournament in Dallas at least 50% of the time. That way UTEP fans will at least get the chance to travel to a nearby location(or at least the nearest one) just like everyone else. Now where you hold the tournament the other 50% of the time I really don't care.

50% of the time in Dallas? That is stupid. I realize that would make BanBan's day, but no way it should be in one location 50% of the time. Not in this spread out conference.
02-27-2006 04:06 PM
ESE84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice then UH

New Orleans BowlDonators

UTEPDallas Wrote:
HornLakeTiger Wrote:
charles Wrote:
3601 Wrote:

That's fine....the WAC did the same to UTEP. The last time the WAC Tourney was held in El Paso was in 1985. It was not even 6 months after UTEP left the WAC....and their Commish announced Las Cruces (home to NMSU) will host the WAC Tourney for the next two years.

UTEP is one of the heavyweights in this conference....keep us happy...if not...it'll be too late before Banowsky tries to fix it. Just ask Karl Benson.

Is the WAC really going to Las Cruces? That seems like a strange choice when they also have Reno, Boise, and Fresno, to name three other cities.
02-27-2006 04:06 PM
Advertisement

charles Offline
Banned

GrayBeard Wrote:
charles Wrote:
HornLakeTiger Wrote:
charles Wrote:
3601 Wrote:

50% of the time in Dallas? That is stupid. I realize that would make BanBan's day, but no way it should be in one location 50% of the time. Not in this spread out conference.
Ok, I'm a reasonable man. We can rotate the tournament equally amongst Dallas, Houston, and 2 eastern cities(Don't care which ones).
02-27-2006 04:10 PM
OwlSD Offline
Way Out West

I Root For: Owls and Bears
Baseball GeniusDonators

gomemphistigers1 Wrote:the only way it gets to Tulsa would be at ORU's arena...TU's is to small.

Tulsa's arena is fairly new and seats 8,355. Would the CUSA tournament really sell more than 8,355 tickets in Dallas, Houston, or Orlando?
02-27-2006 04:12 PM
charles Offline
Banned

ESE84 Wrote:
UTEPDallas Wrote:
HornLakeTiger Wrote:
charles Wrote:
3601 Wrote:

Is the WAC really going to Las Cruces? That seems like a strange choice when they also have Reno, Boise, and Fresno, to name three other cities.
It is strange but maybe its just the WAC throwing NMSU a bone to keep 'em happy. FWIW, their arena seats 13K although they never fill it unless they are playing UTEP, New Mexico, or(in the Big West days) UNLV.
02-27-2006 04:14 PM
UofMemphis Away

Donators

OwlSD Wrote:
gomemphistigers1 Wrote:the only way it gets to Tulsa would be at ORU's arena...TU's is to small.

Tulsa's arena is fairly new and seats 8,355. Would the CUSA tournament really sell more than 8,355 tickets in Dallas, Houston, or Orlando?
i would hope so...at least 10,000...end of story.

Go Tigers!!!
Drew
02-27-2006 04:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.