CSNbbs
Firefox 3 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+---- Thread: Firefox 3 (/thread-302418.html)

Pages: 1 2

Firefox 3 - jrhessey - 06-17-2008 02:46 PM

Who has it? Who likes it? Who hates it?

RE: Firefox 3 - Cajunman02 - 06-17-2008 06:13 PM

Just installed FF 3. Not bad so far. Appears to be running a little faster on my computer. A couple of my add-ons and the themes are not compatible yet, but that should change soon.

RE: Firefox 3 - rickheel - 06-18-2008 01:29 PM

http://www.spreadfirefox.com/en-US/worldrecord/firefox3

Got it and it does seem faster. The URL bar is the search engine too. Sweet.

RE: Firefox 3 - Bourgeois_Rage - 06-18-2008 01:47 PM

Got it, no problems yet.

RE: Firefox 3 - ETSUfan1 - 06-18-2008 07:30 PM

Sorry to take this thread in another direction, but CajunMan...I think I'm in love.09-hitit

RE: Firefox 3 - Cajunman02 - 06-18-2008 07:49 PM

ETSUfan1 Wrote:Sorry to take this thread in another direction, but CajunMan...I think I'm in love.09-hitit

Don't be sorry. You're not the first to notice. Gotten a couple messages about her since I put her up.

And no, I do not know her.........yet.

RE: Firefox 3 - Rebel - 06-19-2008 09:31 AM

Seems slow as hell to me. About:Config doesn't resolve.

EDIT: Yes it does resolve. Gave me an error at first.

RE: Firefox 3 - mlb - 06-19-2008 09:50 AM

Cajunman, just gave you some rep points based on that signature!

RE: Firefox 3 - georgia_tech_swagger - 06-19-2008 11:50 AM

I still like Opera 9.5 better.

RE: Firefox 3 - RiceDoc - 06-19-2008 06:11 PM

Cajunman02 Wrote:Just installed FF 3. Not bad so far. Appears to be running a little faster on my computer. A couple of my add-ons and the themes are not compatible yet, but that should change soon.

I'm with you on this one. Problem is that one of the add-ons is one I use all the time! I may have to go back to FF2 or go briefly with the evil IE. 03-puke

RE: Firefox 3 - RiceDoc - 06-19-2008 07:11 PM

Found that my critical add-on has a posted workaround for going from FF2 to FF3. But now I find that it requires the add-on to be uninstalled and then reinstalled. OK so far, but going to the add/remove programs in Vista leads to the message, "Your System Administrator has Disabled Programs and Features." I AM the system Admin (or as close as this office has to one)!

I figure, no problem, I'll just click the Turn Windows features on and off button to allow Programs and Features. That returns a message that "Your System Administrator has Disabled Features." Any suggestions on how to get past this circular logic so I can get my add-on uninstalled and reinstalled and back to work using FF3?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give this poor, un-computer savvy luddite!

RE: Firefox 3 - jrhessey - 06-20-2008 06:53 AM

whats the add-on? Gotta love vista...

RE: Firefox 3 - RiceDoc - 06-20-2008 01:12 PM

jrhessey Wrote:whats the add-on? Gotta love vista...

RoboForm

RE: Firefox 3 - jrhessey - 06-20-2008 02:31 PM

How about trying this...

http://www.roboform.com/dist/roboform-firefox-3.0.xpi

RE: Firefox 3 - RiceDoc - 06-20-2008 04:24 PM

jrhessey Wrote:How about trying this...

http://www.roboform.com/dist/roboform-firefox-3.0.xpi

I got that far before, but it requires RoboForm to be uninstalled and then reinstalled. As I said before, that should be fine, but going to the add/remove programs in Vista leads to the message, "Your System Administrator has Disabled Programs and Features." So now it isn't a firefox or roboform problem, but a VISTA problem. And getting anybody at microsloth to tell you anything useful is impossible. The question "How do I enable Programs and Features?" on their tech board gets responses like, "Go to Programs and Features and click on the enable Programs and Features button. Enter the Adminstrator password and it should work fine." Problem is that following those instructions gets the pop up message that "Your System Administrator has Disabled Programs and Features." I haven't figured out how to get out of that loop yet, but I did manage to work around the RoboForm issue by disabling roboform using the about:config addy , then running your cited program, then closing out of FF and restarting it.

If you have any ideas on how to enable the programs and features part of Vista, I'd love to hear them since I periodically want to add or delete programs, which is difficult at best right now. Thanks!

RE: Firefox 3 - Terpy - 06-20-2008 04:32 PM

Uninstall vista

RE: Firefox 3 - RiceDoc - 06-20-2008 04:59 PM

Terpy Wrote:Uninstall vista

In a perfect world, I would so be back on NT or XP instead of Vista. Buyt I was too smart and saved the couple hundred bucks by staying with vista on the new machine instead of paying to have it taken off and have XP put on, and 18 months later, it appears I may lose programs and data without major backup effort in order to make the switch. As I saw on a Vista help page, "Vista is the best advertisement Apple has ever had!" 03-banghead

RE: Firefox 3 - ecuacc4ever - 06-21-2008 04:13 PM

Thoughts...

I'm running Firefox 3 on 2 computers -- the faster one runs Ubuntu 8.01, and the older machine is running 'Doze XP

UBUNTU environment (Computer #1)
================
Firefox 3 is a huge improvement in terms of AJAX processing on the Ubuntu environment, and is blazing faster overall. That said, Opera 9.2 is ALSO blazing fast on my Ubuntu setup as well.

Opera 9.2 displays fonts better than Firefox 2+ or 3 -- case in point, ESPN.com renders correctly under Opera 9.2, but the (black) tabs wrap on FF 3 (as they did with FF2).

I may have to run Opera s'more just to give it a fair (unbiased) shake. I like both from what I've seen.

DOZE XP (Computer #2)
======
Well, it's running XP.. what do you expect? 03-lmfao

RE: Firefox 3 - ecuacc4ever - 06-21-2008 04:16 PM

Oh, and stay away from Vista. If you're wanting to upgrade from XP, go Linux and run Ubuntu (or whatever distro GTS is swearing is the best thing since sliced bread).

RE: Firefox 3 - georgia_tech_swagger - 06-21-2008 04:20 PM

RiceDoc Wrote:
Terpy Wrote:Uninstall vista

In a perfect world, I would so be back on NT or XP instead of Vista. Buyt I was too smart and saved the couple hundred bucks by staying with vista on the new machine instead of paying to have it taken off and have XP put on, and 18 months later, it appears I may lose programs and data without major backup effort in order to make the switch. As I saw on a Vista help page, "Vista is the best advertisement Apple has ever had!" 03-banghead

Linux ftw. Cost: $0.