CSNbbs
Obama losing control - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Obama losing control (/thread-314299.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Obama losing control - THE NC Herd Fan - 09-09-2008 06:50 PM

Obama accuses Republican rivals of dishonesty

Quote:"I mean, you can't just make stuff up," Obama said of a new McCain ad that says Palin "stopped the Bridge to Nowhere." "You can't just recreate yourself. You can't just reinvent yourself. The American people aren't stupid."

Obama wouldn't go so far as to say McCain and Palin are lying, even when the audience tried to goad him into it, but he began showing an ad Monday that did.

Um? Barry, you recently made stuff up then got MAD and accused others of lying about your lie.

Liar! Liar!

Seems Barry is wasting time and Campaign money, he now has a commercial about "The Bridge to No Where". If he has such great ideas tell us the details of how you will save America and stop worrying about what the other candidate says.

RE: Obama losing control - Fo Shizzle - 09-09-2008 08:24 PM

THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:Obama accuses Republican rivals of dishonesty

Quote:"I mean, you can't just make stuff up," Obama said of a new McCain ad that says Palin "stopped the Bridge to Nowhere." "You can't just recreate yourself. You can't just reinvent yourself. The American people aren't stupid."

Obama wouldn't go so far as to say McCain and Palin are lying, even when the audience tried to goad him into it, but he began showing an ad Monday that did.

Um? Barry, you recently made stuff up then got MAD and accused others of lying about your lie.

Liar! Liar!

Seems Barry is wasting time and Campaign money, he now has a commercial about "The Bridge to No Where". If he has such great ideas tell us the details of how you will save America and stop worrying about what the other candidate says.

Not only are Obamas handlers stupid...they are just plain gutless.
Worrying about Stalins stances on a silly ass bridge and other crap that will be forgotten tomorrow is useless against this nationalist- fascist- creationist. Go after her silly ignorant positions on abortion and evolution!!!!!! I really cant believe just how stupid the Dems are.03-lmfao

RE: Obama losing control - smn1256 - 09-09-2008 11:16 PM

Fo Shizzle Wrote:I really cant believe just how stupid the Dems are.03-lmfao

I believe it. Look how many are rallying around an empty talking head.

RE: Obama losing control - THE NC Herd Fan - 09-10-2008 05:22 AM

Give this man a Teleprompter before he blows his entire campaign.

McCain camp: Obama's 'lipstick' remark disgraceful

Quote:"You can put lipstick on a pig," he said to an outbreak of laughter, shouts and raucous applause from his audience, clearly drawing a connection to Palin's joke even if it's not what Obama meant. "It's still a pig.

03-lmfao

Keep up the good work Barry! 03-thumbsup

RE: Obama losing control - firmbizzle - 09-10-2008 08:46 AM

THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:Give this man a Teleprompter before he blows his entire campaign.

Quote:"You can put lipstick on a pig," he said to an outbreak of laughter, shouts and raucous applause from his audience, clearly drawing a connection to Palin's joke even if it's not what Obama meant. "It's still a pig.

03-lmfao

He didn't mention Palin at all in the quote. John McCain said the same thing 4 months ago about Clinton's health care plan. Nice spin though.

RE: Obama losing control - EastStang - 09-10-2008 08:46 AM

Any time the top of one ticket spends all its time obsessing about the #2 on the other ticket, its not a good thing for the ticket that's obsessing. Obama's focus on Palin makes it look like he's running against her instead of McCain. That just elevates McCain above the fray. And the "pig" remark and the "my Muslim Religion" remark whether intentional, accidental or freudian, shows that Mr. Obama is feeling the heat. His hope now is that McCain and Palin start blurting out some whoppers as well.

RE: Obama losing control - perunapower - 09-10-2008 09:16 AM

THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:Give this man a Teleprompter before he blows his entire campaign.

03-lmfao

"That's not change. That's just calling something the same thing something different. You know you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. You know you can wrap an old fish in a piece of paper called change, it's still going to stink after eight years. We've had enough of the same old thing."

There's the whole quote.

Come on, Mike Huckabee even defended Obama on this one. It's a common expression; the McCain campaign just wants to stir up controversy.

RE: Obama losing control - DrTorch - 09-10-2008 10:01 AM

perunapower Wrote:Come on, Mike Huckabee even defended Obama on this one. It's a common expression; the McCain campaign just wants to stir up controversy.

Sure, but that's the point. How does Obama handle criticism and presssure? That's why Kerry was a disaster w/ the Swift Boat Veterans.

And how many harmless gaffes has Bush made that critics have siezed upon?

Don't feign that Dems are so pure...they've been scraping the gutter for decades.

RE: Obama losing control - DrTorch - 09-10-2008 10:03 AM

Fo Shizzle Wrote:Go after her silly ignorant positions on abortion and evolution!!!!!!

Silly?

Ignorant?

That last one always slays me given the left's persistant and insistant lack of academic rigor and honesty.

RE: Obama losing control - firmbizzle - 09-10-2008 10:39 AM

EastStang Wrote:Any time the top of one ticket spends all its time obsessing about the #2 on the other ticket, its not a good thing for the ticket that's obsessing. Obama's focus on Palin makes it look like he's running against her instead of McCain. That just elevates McCain above the fray. And the "pig" remark and the "my Muslim Religion" remark whether intentional, accidental or freudian, shows that Mr. Obama is feeling the heat. His hope now is that McCain and Palin start blurting out some whoppers as well.

Your right. 04-bow

RE: Obama losing control - Fo Shizzle - 09-10-2008 11:34 AM

DrTorch Wrote:
Fo Shizzle Wrote:Go after her silly ignorant positions on abortion and evolution!!!!!!

Silly?

Ignorant?

That last one always slays me given the left's persistant and insistant lack of academic rigor and honesty.

Believes in abortion even in the case of rape or incest....Believes and would wish to teach creationism in schools.

RE: Obama losing control - DrTorch - 09-10-2008 12:19 PM

Fo Shizzle Wrote:
DrTorch Wrote:

Silly?

Ignorant?

Believes in abortion even in the case of rape or incest....Believes and would wish to teach creationism in schools.

Both of those positions have sound reasoning behind them. I may not necessarily agree w/ those positions, but silly and ignorant they're not.

You want silly and ignorant? Try the standard excuses that are given to support current abortion on demand. Or take a hard look at current evolutionary theory.

RE: Obama losing control - perunapower - 09-10-2008 07:13 PM

DrTorch Wrote:
perunapower Wrote:Come on, Mike Huckabee even defended Obama on this one. It's a common expression; the McCain campaign just wants to stir up controversy.

Sure, but that's the point. How does Obama handle criticism and presssure? That's why Kerry was a disaster w/ the Swift Boat Veterans.

Don't feign that Dems are so pure...they've been scraping the gutter for decades.

I didn't say that Dems were pure or that McCain should not be trying to start controversy, but we, as voters, should be smart enough to not buy all the tripe that either campaign sells.

I think you missed the entire point of what I trying to get across, or maybe you just extrapolated FAR beyond what I was trying to say. I honestly don't care if McCain makes light of Obama's gaffes, but I do have a problem with him creating false parallels and trying to create a gaffe out of something that's not a gaffe on Obama. I'd feel the same way if/when the roles are reversed.

RE: Obama losing control - blah - 09-10-2008 07:41 PM

Fo Shizzle Wrote:
DrTorch Wrote:

Silly?

Ignorant?

Yeah, the schools are doing such a bang up job now....

RE: Obama losing control - Fo Shizzle - 09-10-2008 08:01 PM

DrTorch Wrote:
Fo Shizzle Wrote:
DrTorch Wrote:

Silly?

Ignorant?

Both of those positions have sound reasoning behind them. I may not necessarily agree w/ those positions, but silly and ignorant they're not.

You want silly and ignorant? Try the standard excuses that are given to support current abortion on demand. Or take a hard look at current evolutionary theory.

I retract the silly comment....but....not the ignorant. Lack of reasoning and understanding of basic evolutionary and scientific theory is ignorance shrouded in biblical literalism and is not mainstream thought. Faith is the cornerstone of religion...not sound reasoning.

I see no evidence that would lead me to any other conclusion for the wonderful diversity of life on earth than evolutionary theory.

RE: Obama losing control - blah - 09-10-2008 10:27 PM

Fo Shizzle Wrote:I retract the silly comment....but....not the ignorant. Lack of reasoning and understanding of basic evolutionary and scientific theory is ignorance shrouded in biblical literalism and is not mainstream thought. Faith is the cornerstone of religion...not sound reasoning.

I see no evidence that would lead me to any other conclusion for the wonderful diversity of life on earth than evolutionary theory.

Well that solves it then. Since you are sure, I guess your theory must be true and all others wrong.

Let me make sure I understand, just for the record.

Believing in the Bible = crazy
Believing in wild conspiracy theories that the U.S. government is out to get you = rational thinking

Ok, I think I got it now.

RE: Obama losing control - DrTorch - 09-11-2008 07:55 AM

Fo Shizzle Wrote:
DrTorch Wrote:
Fo Shizzle Wrote:
DrTorch Wrote:

Silly?

Ignorant?

I retract the silly comment....but....not the ignorant. Lack of reasoning and understanding of basic evolutionary and scientific theory is ignorance shrouded in biblical literalism and is not mainstream thought. Faith is the cornerstone of religion...not sound reasoning.

Mainstream thought=truth? Then I guess the geocentric universe was true until 17th C or so? I guess phlogiston was true until the 18th C?

The term "faith" gets thrown around alot, and is often used incorrectly. But, even in your usage, you are wrong. Faith, as you define it, is most certainly the cornerstone of sound reasoning as EVERY logical system is based on assumptions/axioms/givens that cannot be proven, and must be accepted as true.

I have a reasonably fair understanding of current evolutionary theory, and what I find is a poor use of the scientific method (lack of empirical evidence, self-selecting empirical results) and overt logical fallacies (circular reasoning, reasoning by analogy, tautological arguments, red-herrings, straw men)

If it makes you feel better, I see similar mistakes from the most vocal Old Earth Creatonists like Ken Hamm.

Quote:I see no evidence that would lead me to any other conclusion for the wonderful diversity of life on earth than evolutionary theory.

I have to wonder if you've looked. Or are you accepting evolutionary theory on faith?

RE: Obama losing control - DrTorch - 09-11-2008 07:56 AM

perunapower Wrote:
DrTorch Wrote:

I didn't say that Dems were pure or that McCain should not be trying to start controversy, but we, as voters, should be smart enough to not buy all the tripe that either campaign sells.

I think you missed the entire point of what I trying to get across, or maybe you just extrapolated FAR beyond what I was trying to say. I honestly don't care if McCain makes light of Obama's gaffes, but I do have a problem with him creating false parallels and trying to create a gaffe out of something that's not a gaffe on Obama. I'd feel the same way if/when the roles are reversed.

Ok. That seems fair to me. I've probably been reading too many DNC apologists, and overreacted. sorry

RE: Obama losing control - georgia_tech_swagger - 09-11-2008 08:13 AM

Amen. I finally found the time to research her. Fiscal is "okay" but I really want alot more there. But on social issues omfg. It's female Pat Robertson. Fail. Epic fail.

RE: Obama losing control - georgia_tech_swagger - 09-11-2008 08:15 AM

blah Wrote:Well that solves it then. Since you are sure, I guess your theory must be true and all others wrong.

Let me make sure I understand, just for the record.

Believing in the Bible = crazy
Believing in wild conspiracy theories that the U.S. government is out to get you = rational thinking

Ok, I think I got it now.

[Image: l_99e9b56709a01c818e4693fa4e39a092.jpg]