CSNbbs
Having fun with USC-OSU - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+---- Thread: Having fun with USC-OSU (/thread-317331.html)

Having fun with USC-OSU - georgia_tech_swagger - 09-25-2008 08:17 PM

Dan Patrick: "First blood to the Beavers."

Well there comes a time in every woman's life......

2nd Drive: The Beavers pounded the trojans until their coverage ripped and they penetrated and ultimately scored.

Summary of the game thus far: The chic is on top.

RE: Having fun with USC-OSU - georgia_tech_swagger - 09-25-2008 08:23 PM

Erin Andrews is the OSU sideline. Looking $^!#$E^~@#^ scorching hot. I hope Erin shows her beaver (spirit?).

Looks like the Beavers have built a dam on defense. If USC breaks through it will surely draw blood. The last thing we want though is a slow trojan attack. Nothing is worse than leaking Beaver defense. But the Beavers are wearing Pads, so they should be able to deal with that.

RE: Having fun with USC-OSU - ETSUfan1 - 09-25-2008 08:51 PM

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:Erin Andrews is the OSU sideline. Looking $^!#$E^~@#^ scorching hot. I hope Erin shows her beaver (spirit?).

Looks like the Beavers have built a dam on defense. If USC breaks through it will surely draw blood. The last thing we want though is a slow trojan attack. Nothing is worse than leaking Beaver defense. But the Beavers are wearing Pads, so they should be able to deal with that.

Rimshot

RE: Having fun with USC-OSU - Rebel - 09-25-2008 09:18 PM

Man, Georgia would walk all over USC. Sorry, that's what I'm seeing. I do, however, still think the Gators will beat UGA in Jacksonville.

RE: Having fun with USC-OSU - Terpy - 09-25-2008 09:26 PM

Someone missed the memo that the OSU beaver inuendo isnt funny anymore.

RE: Having fun with USC-OSU - ETSUfan1 - 09-25-2008 09:28 PM

21-0 OREGON STATE!!!!

RE: Having fun with USC-OSU - Rebel - 09-25-2008 11:18 PM

Sorry, USC in the SEC is an 8-4 team. Anyone disagree?

RE: Having fun with USC-OSU - CMichFan - 09-25-2008 11:27 PM

The Beavers just poked a hole in the Trojans' national title hopes. 02-13-banana

RE: Having fun with USC-OSU - jh - 09-27-2008 10:07 AM

Rebel Wrote:Man, Georgia would walk all over USC. Sorry, that's what I'm seeing. I do, however, still think the Gators will beat UGA in Jacksonville.
I'm not sure. I think USC might still be able to beat Georgia. It's Vanderbilt I'd be worried about. Most of their losses in the last couple of years have been to teams they were supposed to destroy (OSU, Stanford, OSU) where they thought they could just show up & the other team would wilt because they are USC. Even the loss to Texas in the MNC game was along these lines, with ESPN trying to determine if they were the greatest team of all time (though it's hard to explain how you couldn't get motivated for the MNC).

RE: Having fun with USC-OSU - Rebel - 09-27-2008 11:56 AM

jh Wrote:I'm not sure. I think USC might still be able to beat Georgia. It's Vanderbilt I'd be worried about. Most of their losses in the last couple of years have been to teams they were supposed to destroy (OSU, Stanford, OSU) where they thought they could just show up & the other team would wilt because they are USC. Even the loss to Texas in the MNC game was along these lines, with ESPN trying to determine if they were the greatest team of all time (though it's hard to explain how you couldn't get motivated for the MNC).

Yeah, I'm thinking no and for that 8-4 USC team, let'em play this schedule year in and year out and then come talk to me:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=61

RE: Having fun with USC-OSU - jh - 09-28-2008 07:51 AM

Alabama might be a problem - Georgia, not so much.

RE: Having fun with USC-OSU - Rebel - 09-28-2008 11:55 AM

jh Wrote:Alabama might be a problem - Georgia, not so much.

Why? Because UGA lost by 11 to the #8 team in the country? USC lost to an unranked team.

RE: Having fun with USC-OSU - flyingswoosh - 09-28-2008 12:04 PM

Rebel Wrote:
jh Wrote:Alabama might be a problem - Georgia, not so much.

Why? Because UGA lost by 11 to the #8 team in the country?

wasn't georgia at home? correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't it incredibly difficult to win on the road in college football? Also, wasn't that game much more of a blowout than the final score indicated?

RE: Having fun with USC-OSU - Terpy - 09-28-2008 12:50 PM

It was 31-0 at half Georgia never had a shot in hell in that game and you are right swoosh, it is very tough to win on the road in college football. Georgia got toasted at home and USC lost by 6 on the road.

USC would be favored by 10 if they played Georgia right now.

RE: Having fun with USC-OSU - flyingswoosh - 09-28-2008 12:54 PM

Terpy Wrote:It was 31-0 at half Georgia never had a shot in hell in that game and you are right swoosh, it is very tough to win on the road in college football. Georgia got toasted at home and USC lost by 6 on the road.

USC would be favored by 10 if they played Georgia right now.

am i also right in assuming that its harder to win on the road in college football than it is in any other sport?

RE: Having fun with USC-OSU - Terpy - 09-28-2008 01:04 PM

Yeah, I think I would agree with that, which makes it even more laughable that Georgia got anal raped at home, and for RebelKev to think they still have a legit chance at the MNC is a joke.

RE: Having fun with USC-OSU - BhamHoosier - 09-28-2008 11:03 PM

even after losing to unranked OSU, USC is still ninth in both polls while Georgia is 11th in the AP and 10th in USA today. Bammers rejoice as the AP bumped them to 2 while USA Today has them at 4. 4 newcomers make it in with VT and OK St. going 20, 21 and Oregon and 5-0 UConn at 23, 24. I hope they lose the rest of the way. Meanwhile, 5-0 Ball State is receiving 38 votes to get in while the Ol' Wreck is only getting 10.