CSNbbs
Bengals QBs Go to Work with Gruden - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+------ Forum: Cincinnati Archives (/forum-932.html)
+------ Thread: Bengals QBs Go to Work with Gruden (/thread-495995.html)

Pages: 1 2

Bengals QBs Go to Work with Gruden - icehole3 - 05-05-2011 01:09 PM

http://stripehype.com/2011/05/04/bengals-qbs-go-to-work-with-gruden-jon/

Inside sources say that all three Bengals quarterbacks will be traveling to Florida to spend time working out with former Raiders and Bucs head coach Jon Gruden. Jordan Palmer, Dan LeFevour, and newly drafted Andy Dalton will likely be learning the West Coast Offense (WCO) from one of its masters.

RE: Bengals QBs Go to Work with Gruden - cinbinsportsfan - 05-05-2011 01:17 PM

One good thing about Carson leaving the team- The Bengals can finally drop Jordan Palmer.

RE: Bengals QBs Go to Work with Gruden - icehole3 - 05-05-2011 01:19 PM

(05-05-2011 01:17 PM)cinbinsportsfan Wrote:  One good thing about Carson leaving the team- The Bengals can finally drop Jordan Palmer.

yeah, if he cant cut it send him packing

RE: Bengals QBs Go to Work with Gruden - JackieTreehorn - 05-05-2011 01:49 PM

Too bad they can't make a TV show out of it like the stuff he's been doing with the college qb's. Probably be pretty entertaining, at least in the film room sessions.

RE: Bengals QBs Go to Work with Gruden - ctipton - 05-05-2011 01:50 PM

It is not a stretch to say that they probably will, especially since Jon is unemployed and president of the FFCA.

RE: Bengals QBs Go to Work with Gruden - icehole3 - 05-05-2011 01:53 PM

(05-05-2011 01:49 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  Too bad they can't make a TV show out of it like the stuff he's been doing with the college qb's. Probably be pretty entertaining, at least in the film room sessions.

I'd love to hear Jon grilling Jordan

RE: Bengals QBs Go to Work with Gruden - Bearhawkeye - 05-05-2011 02:48 PM

I don't get all the Jordan animosity. Granted he hasn't done much on the field but that's the nature of backup QBs. Assuming no Carson, I think Jordan deserves a shot to compete for the job. I don't see much basis to form an opinion, positive or negative, until then.

Obviously it'll be about results on the field, but so far I'm really liking the Jay Gruden hire.

RE: Bengals QBs Go to Work with Gruden - cinbinsportsfan - 05-05-2011 03:19 PM

(05-05-2011 02:48 PM)Bearhawkeye Wrote:  I don't get all the Jordan animosity. Granted he hasn't done much on the field but that's the nature of backup QBs. Assuming no Carson, I think Jordan deserves a shot to compete for the job. I don't see much basis to form an opinion, positive or negative, until then.

Obviously it'll be about results on the field, but so far I'm really liking the Jay Gruden hire.

I'm just not that confident in him as a backup quarterback, let alone a starter. Maybe it was Brat's offense which I have heard was VERY complicated, even for the NFL. Gruden has said that offense is simple with a focus on perfect execution. Regardless of the OC's playbook, I don't want Jordan running it.

RE: Bengals QBs Go to Work with Gruden - bearcatjim - 05-05-2011 03:40 PM

I frankly don't understand how the guy even got drafted. His stats in college were unspectacular playing for UTEP. If he wasn't Carson Palmer's brother, I can't believe he'd be in the NFL right now.

RE: Bengals QBs Go to Work with Gruden - BearChatter v2.0 - 05-05-2011 04:55 PM

I want Carson, Chad, and Jordan all gone. No remnants of the over-hyped gang.

Let's start over with none of those guys around to pooh-pooh everything Bungles. Let's start fresh.

RE: Bengals QBs Go to Work with Gruden - BearcatOtto - 05-05-2011 05:11 PM

Is this how teams are getting around the lockout.

Hiring a ex-coach under the table to work out your youngsters?

If the NFL doesn't stop this you will probably see many more arrangements like this.

RE: Bengals QBs Go to Work with Gruden - BearcatOtto - 05-05-2011 05:11 PM

Is this how teams are getting around the lockout.

Hiring a ex-coach under the table to work out your youngsters?

If the NFL doesn't stop this you will probably see many more arrangements like this.

RE: Bengals QBs Go to Work with Gruden - BearcatOtto - 05-05-2011 05:13 PM

Anybody have any ideas why I am getting double posts?

I am doing nothing different from any of the other near 500 posts.

Any help would be appreciated.

RE: Bengals QBs Go to Work with Gruden - BearcatOtto - 05-05-2011 05:13 PM

Anybody have any ideas why I am getting double posts?

I am doing nothing different from any of the other near 500 posts.

Any help would be appreciated.

RE: Bengals QBs Go to Work with Gruden - FlightWhite15 - 05-05-2011 06:53 PM

(05-05-2011 04:55 PM)Vottomatic Wrote:  I want Carson, Chad, and Jordan all gone. No remnants of the over-hyped gang.

Let's start over with none of those guys around to pooh-pooh everything Bungles. Let's start fresh.

Jordan Palmer a part of the overhyped gang? 03-lmfao Overhyped by who?

RE: Bengals QBs Go to Work with Gruden - ctipton - 05-05-2011 09:27 PM

If Carson wanted to come back for a year or so, now that the distractions are going to be gone, I have absolutely no problem with him schooling Dalton, just as Kitna did him.

RE: Bengals QBs Go to Work with Gruden - Eastside_J - 05-06-2011 12:14 AM

(05-05-2011 09:27 PM)ctipton Wrote:  If Carson wanted to come back for a year or so, now that the distractions are going to be gone, I have absolutely no problem with him schooling Dalton, just as Kitna did him.

Considering how he went out, wouldn't Carson BE the distraction now?

RE: Bengals QBs Go to Work with Gruden - Eastside_J - 05-06-2011 12:19 AM

(05-05-2011 02:48 PM)Bearhawkeye Wrote:  I don't get all the Jordan animosity. Granted he hasn't done much on the field but that's the nature of backup QBs. Assuming no Carson, I think Jordan deserves a shot to compete for the job. I don't see much basis to form an opinion, positive or negative, until then.

On principle I agree with your sentiment. Jordan is on the roster, so he should get a shot to compete for the #1 or #2 job.

But really the only reason he made the roster was to please Carson, which is bizarre and completely "bengal" where family means more than talent (by necessity considering with the Brown family you are talking about family with no talent). I mean no other team would have picked him up, much less kept him on a roster where he was taking up a spot from someone who had a chance in hell of adding to the team.

I feel for Jordan, and yet he got the chance to live the NFL life people dream of and he never earned.

RE: Bengals QBs Go to Work with Gruden - nachoman91 - 05-06-2011 08:11 AM

(05-05-2011 03:19 PM)cinbinsportsfan Wrote:  I'm just not that confident in him as a backup quarterback, let alone a starter. Maybe it was Brat's offense which I have heard was VERY complicated, even for the NFL. Gruden has said that offense is simple with a focus on perfect execution. Regardless of the OC's playbook, I don't want Jordan running it.

I'm certainly not an expert on this subject but "Brat's offense" and "complicated" don't even belong in the same area code if you ask me. How can an offense, where I can sit at home and predict each play with 80+% accuracy, be complicated. The Bengals ran the most vanilla offense in the NFL. Every play was a standard pro-set formation with one wideout on each side and one back. The only changeup to that was to occassionally set up in an off-balance line for running plays. But even when they did that you could see it coming every time.

RE: Bengals QBs Go to Work with Gruden - cinbinsportsfan - 05-06-2011 10:28 AM

(05-06-2011 08:11 AM)nachoman91 Wrote:  
(05-05-2011 03:19 PM)cinbinsportsfan Wrote:  I'm just not that confident in him as a backup quarterback, let alone a starter. Maybe it was Brat's offense which I have heard was VERY complicated, even for the NFL. Gruden has said that offense is simple with a focus on perfect execution. Regardless of the OC's playbook, I don't want Jordan running it.

I'm certainly not an expert on this subject but "Brat's offense" and "complicated" don't even belong in the same area code if you ask me. How can an offense, where I can sit at home and predict each play with 80+% accuracy, be complicated. The Bengals ran the most vanilla offense in the NFL. Every play was a standard pro-set formation with one wideout on each side and one back. The only changeup to that was to occassionally set up in an off-balance line for running plays. But even when they did that you could see it coming every time.

Absolutely get where you're coming from and I'm with you regarding the ability for just about anyone to predict the play. I know that the words "Brat's offense" and "complicated" are hardly used together but from what I've heard is that the "complicated" part of his offense were things like many times WRs had 'option' routes, in that they could look at the defense and run one of two routes depending on what they saw. However, Carson might see something different and want them to run the other route, which explains a lot of the miscommunication last year. Also, he had a lot of complicated audibles that Carson could run and changed them up constantly, which can cause a lot of headaches and confusion on the offense and may have led to some unplanned timeouts.

Those are the two specific things I've heard but overall, it seemed like Brat was overthinking himself in an attempt to outsmart the defense.