CSNbbs
WVU what SEC/Big 10 school are you guys talkng to? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+----- Thread: WVU what SEC/Big 10 school are you guys talkng to? (/thread-53222.html)

- PusherT - 05-02-2005 07:26 AM

I rememebr hearing some WVU fan say the Marshell series wasn't good for WVU cause it would prevent WVU from playing a SEC/Big 10 school. I would love to see WVU vs Georgia, WVU could take them :D

I want to see WVU mix it up with Ohio State,South Carolina,PSU,UGA, and UT

- Jackson1011 - 05-02-2005 09:18 AM

The WVU AD has said publicly that he wants a "regional" game to be #12....Kentucky, UVA, Penn st and Ohio St were mentioned by name

-- I wouldn't call the Marshall deal dead yet....although it doesn't look like a sure thing as it did a few weeks ago a comprimise could still be reached

Jackson

- PusherT - 05-02-2005 09:36 AM

Jackson1011 Wrote:The WVU AD has said publicly that he wants a "regional" game to be #12....Kentucky, UVA, Penn st and Ohio St were mentioned by name

-- I wouldn't call the Marshall deal dead yet....although it doesn't look like a sure thing as it did a few weeks ago a comprimise could still be reached

Jackson
Beating UGA would alot more then beat UVA,PSU,Kensucky. Beside I think UGA/WVU would be a favorible match up for WVU since they have a better Oline and can run the ball so well.

WVU would get alot of respect beating a UGA , and Georgia won't be as tough as years pass IMO

- UCF_Cardinals - 05-02-2005 09:50 AM

Seems like Tennessee is a natural rival for you, yet never see much mention?

- Jackson1011 - 05-02-2005 10:21 AM

WVUs natural rivals are Pitt, Maryalnd and Virginia Tech (Penn St too if we ever get to play them again)....UT is just a little too far away...especailly since Morgantown is on the northern end of the state

-- It will be hard for WVU to schedule someone like UGA...the Bulldogs have little incentive to play WVU and a lot to lose.....WV doesn't have a lot of high school talent and a small TV market but it is possible that UGA could lose in morgantown especially if the game is played at night

-- I wouldn't be suprised if VT, Frank Beamer and the ACC are pulling every string possible to get the VT/WVU game on in the afternoon

Jackson