CSNbbs
EAC - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+----- Thread: EAC (/thread-54223.html)

Pages: 1 2

- ClairtonPanther - 03-12-2005 06:45 PM

i saw several references to an EAC like thats goin to be the future name of the conference. i know the people of boards (even myself) speculates on the name but some of ya'll used eac losely like thats goin to be the name. name could easily be like the eastern 9 or nec or stay the big east as the bball schools pick up a new name.

- Cat's_Claw - 03-12-2005 06:52 PM

I'm hoping that the b-ball schools pick their own name and that we're allowed to keep the Big East name.

- ClairtonPanther - 03-12-2005 06:59 PM

i would like the football schools to keep the be banner cuzz recruits know the be as the name.

- bu72ny - 03-12-2005 10:32 PM

Basketball schools will fight tooth and nail for the naming rights-I believe if there is a divorce or split the basketball schools get the name.

- Bearcat 1984 - 03-13-2005 07:52 AM

I believe the basketball schools will try to keep the name for themselves. and will probably succeed. I think part of the split "problem" has been that the BCS slot goes to the Big East. If the Big East schools split away, then do they have the BCS slot? Not really.

Here's an alternative name for the basketball schools:

Eastern Parts All Catholic Athletic Conference (EPACAC)

As for the football schools, the choices are myriad, but the important thing is a name that doesn't sound small time. (Also, many of the possible names have already been used)

Eastern Athletic Conference?

for instance there is already a "mid" eastern athletic conference, and a "north" eastern athletic conference, and an eastern "college" athletic conference.

There's an America East Conference.

Even a Little East Conference.

East 10?
Eastern 10?
Big Eastern Conference?

- Wilkie01 - 03-13-2005 10:49 AM

NCAA wull give an automatic bid to 7 teams conferences that have played togather for 5 years. In 2010, when the split occurs both the basketball school conference and the football school conference will have met this requirement and both will have automatic basketball bids to the NCAA tourneyment! The Big East name would stay with the basketball schools because they are not the ones leaving. If, we want the name, it will costs us dollars!

- ClairtonPanther - 03-14-2005 08:21 PM

yeah good points wilkie.

i'm down w/ eastern 9,10,11,12 when ever the time comes for each number.

- Wilkie01 - 03-14-2005 08:23 PM

Big Eastern 12

- BearcatOne - 03-15-2005 04:16 PM

Here are some options for you.

1. The New Big East Conference
2. The Big Eastern Conference
3. The Real Big East Conference

04-cheers

- David Krysakowski - 03-15-2005 04:34 PM

How about the Big East Conference for the Football Schools and the Liberty League for the Basketball Schools.

- TopCoog - 03-15-2005 04:50 PM

what a bunch of retards...three days after MT says there won't be a split the hot topic on the board is the name of the new league.

How about the DAAB league ... Dumb as a brick

- BearcatOne - 03-15-2005 05:24 PM

Okay. I knew something smelled. It's TopPoop trolling the boards looking for a fight. Sorry. You won't get one here.

04-bow

- HoopDreams - 03-15-2005 05:52 PM

why not Northeastern Conference or NEC.....if SEC can be Southeastern, then the football schools can be Northeastern.....or the Big North........

- Psicosis - 03-15-2005 07:26 PM

HoopDreams Wrote:why not Northeastern Conference or NEC.....if SEC can be Southeastern, then the football schools can be Northeastern.....or the Big North........
There's already an NEC. They play D1 basketball.

[Image: nec23z_L.jpg]

- CollegeCard - 03-16-2005 01:25 AM

TopCoog Wrote:Dumb as a brick
In your case brick would be an upgrade as it ages better and has better resale. However, you found out the truth didn't you? They wouldn't use brick to build your trailer, just cheap vinyl siding baby!

- CardinalJim - 03-16-2005 06:31 AM

TopCoog Wrote:what a bunch of retards...three days after MT says there won't be a split the hot topic on the board is the name of the new league.

How about the DAAB league ... Dumb as a brick
What an idiot continuing to post on a BCS conference board that your sorry a$$ school will never be part of. Why not go post on the SEC or Big 12 board since your sorry a$$ team institution won't be invited to join there either. Hell you guys couldn't even get an invite to the MWC when you lobbied for it. Tell me I'm wrong Topstoog. I go to Cougars game. I have probably been to more UH games then your sorry internet trolling ****** The MWC said thanks but no thanks to your sorry program. The only thing I'm sorry about is I send money to that hell hole to pay for my daughter to attend. Now run along don't you have Rice's shadow to try and get out of.
CJ

- TopCoog - 03-16-2005 01:33 PM

Listening in on a conversation between jackson and other NBE posters (recorded in the 7th grade cafeteria in 2010:

"They said AGAIN there won't be a split. I think the split will be in 2020."

Still in the 7th grade cafeteria in 2020....Jackson and NBE posters:
" I know the split is coming right up, even though the commish was herard to say bannana split he really meant Big East split...it will happen in 2030."

Still in the 7th grade cafeteria in 2030 "No big east split yet, bet it happens in 2014."

- nflsucks - 03-16-2005 01:53 PM

If you don't like what we discuss on the Big East board, perhaps you should leave.

- CollegeCard - 03-16-2005 05:24 PM

nflsucks Wrote:If you don't like what we discuss on the Big East board, perhaps you should leave.
If all he is going to post about is how someone made a website about him working the cash register at Burger King and about his wicked man love that he had last night with the SMU pony that is rising to prominence again, why not ban him?

I'm sure no one will be displeased with that.

- Wilkie01 - 03-16-2005 09:29 PM

I think Top Stoogie should be banned!