CSNbbs
[split] Syracuse’s basketball program repeatedly violated its internal drug policy - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+----- Forum: Off Topic (/forum-738.html)
+------ Forum: Politics (/forum-419.html)
+------ Thread: [split] Syracuse’s basketball program repeatedly violated its internal drug policy (/thread-559277.html)

Pages: 1 2

[split] Syracuse’s basketball program repeatedly violated its internal drug policy - bitcruncher - 03-05-2012 06:47 PM

(03-05-2012 05:57 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  
(03-05-2012 05:55 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  
(03-05-2012 04:37 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  Meh, it's just recreational. All the players are healthy, and they're not juicing. Like Escapee said, it probably goes on everywhere.
It's amazing how your opinion on the subject of drugs has changed now that Syracuse basketball players are the focus of an investigation by the last bastion of investigative reporting left in the USA - Yahoo...
What did I say before? 03-lmfao
Truth be told, I don't remember exactly what you said. All I remember is that you argued against my reasoning for the elimination and decriminalization of the war on drugs...

RE: Syracuse’s basketball program repeatedly violated its internal drug policy - ClairtonPanther - 03-06-2012 04:32 AM

*sparks blunt* *inhales*....

In all seriousness, they might as well legalize the sh1t. The question anymore is who has smoked some weed, it is who hasn't. If I had 15-21 year old kids, I'd rather them be puffin some some weed than drinking or smoking cigs.

RE: Syracuse’s basketball program repeatedly violated its internal drug policy - KnightLight - 03-06-2012 11:49 AM

(03-06-2012 04:32 AM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  *sparks blunt* *inhales*....

In all seriousness, they might as well legalize the sh1t. The question anymore is who has smoked some weed, it is who hasn't. If I had 15-21 year old kids, I'd rather them be puffin some some weed than drinking or smoking cigs.

But most 15-21 year old kids don't receive Div I Athletic Scholarships worth up to $40,000 or more per year...and in agreement for said free scholarship, there are conditions that must be met and followed.

Don't want to meet or follow those conditions? Don't accept that free scholarship that has strings attached.

RE: Syracuse’s basketball program repeatedly violated its internal drug policy - bitcruncher - 03-06-2012 02:32 PM

(03-05-2012 08:29 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  
(03-05-2012 06:47 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Truth be told, I don't remember exactly what you said. All I remember is that you argued against my reasoning for the elimination and decriminalization of the war on drugs...
I slightly recall something like that. I probably did argue against it. I used to not agree with legalizing drugs. I've warmed up to the idea of legalizing and taxing marijuana, though. I'd still say no to other, more dangers, drugs.

And no, I didn't try it one day and decide it should be legalized. 03-lmfao

Maybe your stance, however long ago, subconsciously changed my mind. 04-cheers
I'd like to be able to take the credit for it. But it's not likely...

However, I disagree with you on the more dangerous drugs. I figure they might as well decriminalize those as well. Just setup the distribution points near rehab facilities, make sure the understand the details of their addiction, and give them the option to go to rehab and clean up. If they decide they still wish to use the drugs, make people sign a health waver, and give 'em what they need - including clean needles (which would go a long way towards helping to stop the world wide spread of hepatitis)...

If a person wants to slowly kill themselves by drugs, it's their right and responsibility. Same if a person just wants to cut loose once in a while. As long as it stays out of the schools, gets taxed, and everyone knows who is doing what, as long as nobody gets hurt except the user, what's the problem?

Trying to outlaw drugs is as stupid and self defeating as trying to outlaw liquor was. This country learned nothing from Prohibition...

RE: Syracuse’s basketball program repeatedly violated its internal drug policy - ClairtonPanther - 03-06-2012 03:45 PM

(03-06-2012 11:49 AM)KnightLight Wrote:  

But most 15-21 year old kids don't receive Div I Athletic Scholarships worth up to $40,000 or more per year...and in agreement for said free scholarship, there are conditions that must be met and followed.

Don't want to meet or follow those conditions? Don't accept that free scholarship that has strings attached.

Well if I was a College Coach of any kind I'd rather the kids smoke some herb rather than drink alcohol or smoke squares.

[split] Really sad the "Last" BE tourny - ClairtonPanther - 03-06-2012 03:57 PM

(03-06-2012 03:53 PM)SmallVoice Wrote:  
(03-06-2012 03:33 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  The sex abuse allegations is totally disgusting and I'm hoping those rumors are false. This drug abuse thing doesn't bother me at all.

That's fine, but it's still an allegation swirling around a program that was already rumored to have lost a measure of institutional control.

Personally, I prefer the way UConn & Calhoun have dealt with their problems to the way Cuse appears to be dealing with theirs.

But that's just my personal opinion.

Understood... I just have a Libertarian view on Herb. But that's for a different thread 03-wink

RE: Really sad the "Last" BE tourny - Mestophalies - 03-06-2012 04:05 PM

Definitions:

Liberal: Someone who has not been robbed, beaten, raped or otherwise injured.

Conservative: Someone who has or knows someone who has been robbed, beaten, raped or otherwise injured.

The point is, your attitude will change once you or a family member gets t-boned by someone just high on pot. I mean we all know that pot doesn't hurt right???? 01-lauramac201-lauramac201-lauramac201-lauramac2

IDIOT!!!!!! A drug is a drug. I'm also for jailing DUI subjects as well. 04-rock

RE: Really sad the "Last" BE tourny - ClairtonPanther - 03-06-2012 04:28 PM

(03-06-2012 04:05 PM)Mestophalies Wrote:  Definitions:

Conservative: Someone who has or knows someone who has been robbed, beaten, raped or otherwise injured.

The point is, your attitude will change once you or a family member gets t-boned by someone just high on pot. I mean we all know that pot doesn't hurt right???? 01-lauramac201-lauramac201-lauramac201-lauramac2

IDIOT!!!!!! A drug is a drug. I'm also for jailing DUI subjects as well. 04-rock

oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I'm neither Liberal or Conservative... But I'm absolutely for the decriminalization of all drugs.

I guess we need to just live in a Police State tho... 03-banghead

RE: Syracuse’s basketball program repeatedly violated its internal drug policy - ClairtonPanther - 03-06-2012 04:30 PM

(03-06-2012 02:32 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  
(03-05-2012 08:29 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  
(03-05-2012 06:47 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Truth be told, I don't remember exactly what you said. All I remember is that you argued against my reasoning for the elimination and decriminalization of the war on drugs...
I slightly recall something like that. I probably did argue against it. I used to not agree with legalizing drugs. I've warmed up to the idea of legalizing and taxing marijuana, though. I'd still say no to other, more dangers, drugs.

And no, I didn't try it one day and decide it should be legalized. 03-lmfao

Maybe your stance, however long ago, subconsciously changed my mind. 04-cheers
I'd like to be able to take the credit for it. But it's not likely...

However, I disagree with you on the more dangerous drugs. I figure they might as well decriminalize those as well. Just setup the distribution points near rehab facilities, make sure the understand the details of their addiction, and give them the option to go to rehab and clean up. If they decide they still wish to use the drugs, make people sign a health waver, and give 'em what they need - including clean needles (which would go a long way towards helping to stop the world wide spread of hepatitis)...

If a person wants to slowly kill themselves by drugs, it's their right and responsibility. Same if a person just wants to cut loose once in a while. As long as it stays out of the schools, gets taxed, and everyone knows who is doing what, as long as nobody gets hurt except the user, what's the problem?

Trying to outlaw drugs is as stupid and self defeating as trying to outlaw liquor was. This country learned nothing from Prohibition...

04-bow

RE: Really sad the "Last" BE tourny - Mestophalies - 03-06-2012 04:30 PM

(03-06-2012 04:28 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  

oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I'm neither Liberal or Conservative... But I'm absolutely for the decriminalization of all drugs.

Awesome, please report your address to the local authorities so when you're home is being burglarized by a drug addict needing cash for a fix, they can disregard the call for assistance. 04-chairshot

RE: Really sad the "Last" BE tourny - Cubanbull - 03-06-2012 04:33 PM

(03-06-2012 04:30 PM)Mestophalies Wrote:  
(03-06-2012 04:28 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  [quote='Mestophalies' pid='7644817' dateline='1331067937']
Definitions:

[/

Awesome, please report your address to the local authorities so when you're home is being burglarized by a drug addict needing cash for a fix, they can disregard the call for assistance. 04-chairshot

not all burglars are into drugs and not all drug users become burglaries. Hell some of the biggest drug users are wealthy conservatives

RE: Syracuse’s basketball program repeatedly violated its internal drug policy - KnightLight - 03-06-2012 04:33 PM

(03-06-2012 03:45 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  

Well if I was a College Coach of any kind I'd rather the kids smoke some herb rather than drink alcohol.

Safe to say, the world will never have to worry about you ever becoming a collegiate coach.

PS. Always find it funny when some (those that probably enjoy weed) say weed is better than alcohol when both could/are illegal (i.e. booze if under the age of 21).

RE: Really sad the "Last" BE tourny - CD11 - 03-06-2012 04:34 PM

I knew this thread was going to be a gem.

RE: Really sad the "Last" BE tourny - Fanatical - 03-06-2012 04:35 PM

03-lol comparing marijuana to hard drugs

RE: Really sad the "Last" BE tourny - justinslot - 03-06-2012 04:37 PM

(03-06-2012 04:34 PM)CD11 Wrote:  I knew this thread was going to be a gem.

But it went gemmy in an unexpected direction.

RE: Syracuse’s basketball program repeatedly violated its internal drug policy - ClairtonPanther - 03-06-2012 04:39 PM

(03-06-2012 04:33 PM)KnightLight Wrote:  
(03-06-2012 03:45 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  

Well if I was a College Coach of any kind I'd rather the kids smoke some herb rather than drink alcohol.

Safe to say, the world will never have to worry about you ever becoming a collegiate coach.

PS. Always find it funny when some (those that probably enjoy weed) say weed is better than alcohol when both could/are illegal (i.e. booze if under the age of 21).

Yes, weed is safer for your body than alcohol, or tobacco.. I haven't smoked herb in years, haven't drank in about 2 months and haven't smoked tobacco in 2 weeks.

RE: Really sad the "Last" BE tourny - ClairtonPanther - 03-06-2012 04:41 PM

So all drug addicts are thieves.... You're getting funnier cuzz

RE: Really sad the "Last" BE tourny - SmallVoice - 03-06-2012 04:42 PM

(03-06-2012 03:57 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  
(03-06-2012 03:53 PM)SmallVoice Wrote:  
(03-06-2012 03:33 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  The sex abuse allegations is totally disgusting and I'm hoping those rumors are false. This drug abuse thing doesn't bother me at all.

That's fine, but it's still an allegation swirling around a program that was already rumored to have lost a measure of institutional control.

Personally, I prefer the way UConn & Calhoun have dealt with their problems to the way Cuse appears to be dealing with theirs.

But that's just my personal opinion.

Understood... I just have a Libertarian view on Herb. But that's for a different thread 03-wink

Don't get me wrong. My views on the subject at hand have nothing to do with the subject of legalization. My point is that, while use of certain substances is illegal, the least we can expect is that sports programs in which participating athletes receive tens of thousands of dollars in direct benefits on an annual basis should have enough institutional control of those participants to ensure to the rest of us that they're not doing anything illegal, and if they are found to be doing anything illegal, that appropriate action is taken.

And really, they don't even necessarily have to be illegal. There are probably a number of things that are legal for most people that are still out of bounds for NCAA athletes, such as getting free tattoos or selling sports memorabilia. Those who receive special consideration can rightfully be held to a higher standard. If selling autographed football jerseys can lead to corruption, how much more could the selling or buying of marijuana or other recreational drugs corrupt a program?

Legal or not, the NCAA has a right to expect that its athletes avoid certain substances and activities, and programs that choose to overlook these rules and not hold their athletes to the same standards should be criticized and sanctioned if appropriate.

RE: Really sad the "Last" BE tourny - Jassbale - 03-06-2012 04:47 PM

[Image: 312482cd_runaway_train_derailed_thread_soul_asylum.jpeg]

RE: Really sad the "Last" BE tourny - bitcruncher - 03-06-2012 05:17 PM

(03-06-2012 04:41 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  

So all drug addicts are thieves.... You're getting funnier cuzz
It is amusing to listen to people utter absolutes on matters they haven't a clue about. Isn't it? 03-lmfao