CSNbbs
I figured it out... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: I figured it out... (/thread-602875.html)

I figured it out... - Old Dominion Navy - 11-28-2012 05:40 AM

While the addition of ECU makes sense, the inclusion of Tulane was a bit more puzzling. I understand the New Orleans market but neither football nor basketball has been good in a while. Why were they picked over other deserving programs i.e. Tulsa?

The Superdome!

Think about it, if Uconn, Cincinnati and/or Louisville leaves and the basketball schools split, they take the Big East name and more importantly, they take Madison Square Garden. The football schools want a big arena to showcase their new tournament, in comes the Superdome which is now closer to the center of the conference geographically speaking.

RE: I figured it out... - PirateMarv - 11-28-2012 06:12 AM

Tulane is in the process of building an on-campus 25,000 seat stadium, so they will be leaving the Superdome pretty soon.

Secondly, if you have ever watched a Tulane home game in the Superdome, then you would know that is not the reason that they are in the BE; because Tulane can't draw flies. There is literally no one in the place but the two teams; the game officials; some cheerleaders; the radio and television folks and then some random people sitting or walking by in the stands. If UAB is still in CUSA and playing in Legion Field when ODU gets to CUSA; then you will get an idea of what it is like watching Tulane play in the Superdome, except that UAB will probably have more fans in there.

RE: I figured it out... - Observer - 11-28-2012 07:28 AM

Yes, Tulane does not currently draw very well. But what losing team does. However, when Tulane is winning, they draw better than any team in CUSA.