CSNbbs
If Sun Belt adds 5 to get to 12, who will they be (assuming WKU gone) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: If Sun Belt adds 5 to get to 12, who will they be (assuming WKU gone) (/thread-626189.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

If Sun Belt adds 5 to get to 12, who will they be (assuming WKU gone) - BullsFanInTX - 03-23-2013 10:47 PM

My predictions:

App St.
Georgia Southern
Liberty
NMSU
Idaho (football only)

Other options:

JMU
Sam Houston
Lamar

What do you think?

RE: If Sun Belt adds 5 to get to 12, who will they be (assuming WKU gone) - BeliefBlazer - 03-23-2013 10:51 PM

I don't think Benson will be able to convince the Presidents to go to 12/14. App State, Georgia Southern, and NMSU would get them back to 10.

Missouri State is planning up to a $40 million upgrade to their stadium. I have to think they'd get invited before Liberty.

JMU is an interesting choice. Do they even want to move up?

RE: If Sun Belt adds 5 to get to 12, who will they be (assuming WKU gone) - BullsFanInTX - 03-23-2013 10:57 PM

Yes, I would have included Missouri St. but I thought I had read they weren't moving up. Could be wrong though.

RE: If Sun Belt adds 5 to get to 12, who will they be (assuming WKU gone) - BeliefBlazer - 03-23-2013 11:00 PM

I think JMU and Missouri State are both hesitant. ODU was too, though, and C-USA finally convinced them to move.

RE: If Sun Belt adds 5 to get to 12, who will they be (assuming WKU gone) - billings - 03-23-2013 11:31 PM

NMSU probably FB only ?

RE: If Sun Belt adds 5 to get to 12, who will they be (assuming WKU gone) - stever20 - 03-23-2013 11:53 PM

(03-23-2013 11:31 PM)billings Wrote:  NMSU probably FB only ?

I'd think it'd be all sports. NMSU a tourney regular- 4 of the last 7 years for men's hoops.

RE: If Sun Belt adds 5 to get to 12, who will they be (assuming WKU gone) - Tom in Lazybrook - 03-24-2013 01:44 AM

(03-23-2013 10:47 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  My predictions:

App St.
Georgia Southern
Liberty
NMSU
Idaho (football only)

Other options:

JMU
Sam Houston
Lamar

What do you think?

I will never support such a phony institution such as Liberty. I'm not alone. They aren't a real college. They discriminate. They apparently are the private property of a family. Their football stinks. Their coach is a loser, but he is a sanctamonious F"C"A blowhard. Liberty is involved in shocking human rights abuse advocacy. They aren't interested in competing, but rather as using my conference as a platform to preach AT people. If they get in the confernce, be prepared for them to demand that we all be adhere to their talibanic demands.

And can you just imagine the epic game day experience at Liberty for visiting fans? Abuse of non-Christians, no alcohol, and can you imagine all the hotness of perhaps catching a glimpse of some "hot ankle" on the fundamentalist coeds?

I thank God that the fundamentalist Gottfrieds are gone from USA. I've already called the alumni office and have let them know that if anyone in the AD at USA supports the inclusion of Liberty, that my Jaguar donations will end immediately and will not be reinstated until Liberty drops football.

RE: If Sun Belt adds 5 to get to 12, who will they be (assuming WKU gone) - Tom in Lazybrook - 03-24-2013 01:48 AM

(03-23-2013 10:51 PM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  I don't think Benson will be able to convince the Presidents to go to 12/14. App State, Georgia Southern, and NMSU would get them back to 10.

Missouri State is planning up to a $40 million upgrade to their stadium. I have to think they'd get invited before Liberty.

JMU is an interesting choice. Do they even want to move up?

Rumor is that JMU has already turned the Belt down. Apparently they'd rather watch FCS fall apart all around them and hope for a MAC or CUSA bid that isn't coming.

RE: If Sun Belt adds 5 to get to 12, who will they be (assuming WKU gone) - HawaiiMongoose - 03-24-2013 03:59 AM

App State, Georgia Southern, Missouri State, NMSU (football only), Idaho (football only)

RE: If Sun Belt adds 5 to get to 12, who will they be (assuming WKU gone) - bladhmadh - 03-24-2013 05:20 AM

(03-24-2013 01:44 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

App St.
Georgia Southern
Liberty
NMSU
Idaho (football only)

Other options:

JMU
Sam Houston
Lamar

What do you think?

I will never support such a phony institution such as Liberty. I'm not alone. They aren't a real college. They discriminate. They apparently are the private property of a family. Their football stinks. Their coach is a loser, but he is a sanctamonious F"C"A blowhard. Liberty is involved in shocking human rights abuse advocacy. They aren't interested in competing, but rather as using my conference as a platform to preach AT people. If they get in the confernce, be prepared for them to demand that we all be adhere to their talibanic demands.

And can you just imagine the epic game day experience at Liberty for visiting fans? Abuse of non-Christians, no alcohol, and can you imagine all the hotness of perhaps catching a glimpse of some "hot ankle" on the fundamentalist coeds?

I thank God that the fundamentalist Gottfrieds are gone from USA. I've already called the alumni office and have let them know that if anyone in the AD at USA supports the inclusion of Liberty, that my Jaguar donations will end immediately and will not be reinstated until Liberty drops football.

tell us how you really feel and this time dont sugar coat it.

RE: If Sun Belt adds 5 to get to 12, who will they be (assuming WKU gone) - swampbear - 03-24-2013 06:57 AM

App St.
Georgia Southern
Liberty
NMSU
Idaho (football only)

Other options:

JMU
Sam Houston
Lamar

What do you think?

There is no way that Sam Houston and Lamar get in....It will be, at the very least, App ST, Georgia Southern and NMSU in all sports. I would like to see JMU and Missouri ST come in but I have heard nothing from my sources about either showing any interest

RE: If Sun Belt adds 5 to get to 12, who will they be (assuming WKU gone) - GSU Eagles - 03-24-2013 07:20 AM

App St.
Georgia Southern
Liberty
NMSU
Idaho (football only)

Other options:

JMU
Sam Houston
Lamar

What do you think?

If they go to 12 the original prediction would be my guess as well except NMSU will be football only. JMU and Mo St are not interested and SHSU, Lamar and Jax will be blocked by other members.

RE: If Sun Belt adds 5 to get to 12, who will they be (assuming WKU gone) - MarshallHerdFanz - 03-24-2013 07:21 AM

Idaho
NMSU
Montana
Montana St.
Appy St.

RE: If Sun Belt adds 5 to get to 12, who will they be (assuming WKU gone) - GoApps70 - 03-24-2013 07:29 AM

(03-24-2013 07:21 AM)MarshallHerdFanz Wrote:  Idaho
NMSU
Montana
Montana St.
Appy St.

You would leave Georgia Southern out?

RE: If Sun Belt adds 5 to get to 12, who will they be (assuming WKU gone) - MarshallHerdFanz - 03-24-2013 07:41 AM

You can't leave Idaho all by themselves up there.

RE: If Sun Belt adds 5 to get to 12, who will they be (assuming WKU gone) - GSU Eagles - 03-24-2013 07:51 AM

(03-24-2013 07:41 AM)MarshallHerdFanz Wrote:  You can't leave Idaho all by themselves up there.

You don't make the travel problem worse for the conference to accommodate Idaho. Besides, it is a moot point as Montana and Montana st have no interest in FBS.

RE: If Sun Belt adds 5 to get to 12, who will they be (assuming WKU gone) - lazydawg58 - 03-24-2013 08:54 AM

I would hate to be a nonrevenue sport athlete in Boone with a Wednesday game in New Mexico.

RE: If Sun Belt adds 5 to get to 12, who will they be (assuming WKU gone) - Saint3333 - 03-24-2013 09:23 AM

Idaho should. Insider dropping back down to the Big Sky.

Looks like JMU didn't learn from App last year if that is their approach.

Long-term the best adds would be App, GSU, NMSU, JMU, and Mizz St.

RE: If Sun Belt adds 5 to get to 12, who will they be (assuming WKU gone) - He1nousOne - 03-24-2013 09:24 AM

Of course Appy State looks to be an obvious quality expansion target for the conference.

Sam Houston seems like a good one too. That Texas exposure is a good thing.

Not so sure about all the western expansion with football only. In regards to Idaho, that State needs to understand that it needs to merge the University of Idaho and Boise State. Idaho does not and should not be saved.

In regard to NMSU, still too far but would be acceptable IF it became necessary.

If things happen as I am betting on, then the SBC should seriously be looking at expanding up to 16 at some point in the future when certain "advancements" happen.

I wouldn't be surprised if CUSA ends up folding but Sun Belt schools need to stand in solidarity and not leave for CUSA. If that happens then some great schools could become available to the SBC.

RE: If Sun Belt adds 5 to get to 12, who will they be (assuming WKU gone) - Louis Kitton - 03-24-2013 09:36 AM

(03-24-2013 09:24 AM)He1nousOne Wrote:  I wouldn't be surprised if CUSA ends up folding but Sun Belt schools need to stand in solidarity and not leave for CUSA. If that happens then some great schools could become available to the SBC.

I doubt that will happen. Once MTSU and FAU decided to head to CUSA that was at the point of no return for the SBC.