CSNbbs
Replacement for George Mason - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+---- Thread: Replacement for George Mason (/thread-626330.html)

Pages: 1 2

Replacement for George Mason - David Krysakowski - 03-25-2013 12:06 AM

Who does the CAA go after to replace George Mason?

RE: Replacement for George Mason - EPJr - 03-25-2013 01:15 PM

How about Hampton and/or Norfolk State

RE: Replacement for George Mason - mikeinsec127 - 03-25-2013 11:20 PM

Nah, none of the HBCs have not shown any inclination to leave their conferences for anything other than another HBC conference. Besides, I doubt that UDel wants DelSt in its conference and neither school probably has the resources to compete in the CAA. NJIT is still looking for a home.

RE: Replacement for George Mason - curtis0620 - 03-26-2013 12:36 PM

RMU

Re: Replacement for George Mason - hburg - 03-26-2013 07:48 PM

I'm not sure who they arevgoing after. May be a full sports add in Stony Brook and Albany.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

RE: Replacement for George Mason - RUfan03 - 03-26-2013 09:44 PM

Either Robert Morris or Central Connecticut State from the NEC. Both would bring football and basketball to the CAA.

RE: Replacement for George Mason - EPJr - 03-28-2013 03:29 PM

(03-25-2013 11:20 PM)mikeinsec127 Wrote:  Nah, none of the HBCs have not shown any inclination to leave their conferences for anything other than another HBC conference. Besides, I doubt that UDel wants DelSt in its conference and neither school probably has the resources to compete in the CAA. NJIT is still looking for a home.

you have no idea what you are talking about, do you?
I did not mention Del State

the two schools I just mention have the resources of anyone else that the CAA will invite.

BTW: all HBCU's are not the same (see Tennessee State); an invitation just need to be offered

RE: Replacement for George Mason - GreenHornet33 - 03-29-2013 06:57 AM

(03-25-2013 01:15 PM)EPJr Wrote:  How about Hampton and/or Norfolk State

I doubt that Hampton or Norfolk would leave right now with the expansion plans that the MEAC has on the table right now. The ADs from the Northern MEAC schools (headed by Marty Miller the AD at NSU) have been really pushing the expansion idea and it looks like it’s finally in the works. Someone also mentioned Tennessee State, TSU currently has an offer on the table from the SWAC but they have no President right now so they have to get that knocked out first. TSU is also a part of the MEAC expansion equation also. TSU alums have been actively pushing a move to either the SWAC or MEAC for a few years now. They were originally supposed to enter the SWAC along with Morris Brown back in 1996 but that failed.

RE: Replacement for George Mason - ODU1986 - 03-29-2013 04:56 PM

Hampton U. is interested in the CAA and would very likely accept an invitation. And yes I know that for a fact.

RE: Replacement for George Mason - hburg - 03-29-2013 05:01 PM

Hampton U may not be a bad add. They do have decent basketball as well.

RE: Replacement for George Mason - David Krysakowski - 04-07-2013 04:34 PM

I would like to see the CAA add UMBC so that they can have their rivalry with Towson in the conference.

RE: Replacement for George Mason - David Krysakowski - 04-08-2013 10:55 AM

Charleston
Delaware
Drexel
Hofstra
James Madison
Maryland-Baltimore County
North Carolina-Wilmington
Northeastern
Towson
William & Mary

RE: Replacement for George Mason - JMU08 - 04-09-2013 07:01 AM

I say get Stony Brook and Albany all sports.

RE: Replacement for George Mason - David Krysakowski - 04-09-2013 08:31 AM

Having Albany and Stony Brook for all sports would help.

North Division
Albany
Delaware
Drexel
Hofstra
Northeastern
Stony Brook

South Division
Charleston
James Madison
UMBC (Maryland-Baltimore County)
UNCW (North Carolina-Wilmington)
Towson
William & Mary

RE: Replacement for George Mason - Cyniclone - 04-11-2013 02:20 PM

(03-29-2013 04:56 PM)ODU1986 Wrote:  Hampton U. is interested in the CAA and would very likely accept an invitation. And yes I know that for a fact.

Indeed. Hampton has actively pursued CAA membership for years, most recently last year after ODU announced its move. The CAA has declined their advances, but now that Mason is leaving and JMU is very likely following suit, they may reconsider. Their chances would increase if William & Mary decided to leave, because having two schools on the Peninsula doesn't probably do much for Yeager and company.

RE: Replacement for George Mason - TowsonTiger10 - 04-11-2013 11:18 PM

No UMBC. Don't play football and not that good at basketball. As for Hampton, there are many other schools i would choose before them. This is not a Virginia conference anymore. Need teams outside of VA

RE: Replacement for George Mason - Sitting bull - 04-13-2013 04:42 PM

I still think we will see a move to 12 eventually.

First, would like to see an effort to bring in URI for all sports. Once UMass pulls from the A10, I think it's quite possible. Beyond UMass, URI actually has more in common with CAA schools than what remains of the A10.

Other top candidates will be Elon, Davidson and then Stony Brook and UAlbany for all sports. Believe all would have interest.

RE: Replacement for George Mason - LastMinuteman - 04-14-2013 12:59 AM

Even if the CAA could equal the level of the A10 in basketball and get an equal paying TV deal, it wouldn't make sense for URI to pay the big A10 exit fee for a lateral move. The CAA would have to become irrefutably superior to the A10 in basketball for that move to make sense for URI.

Stony Brook should have been offered full CAA membership the first time around. That was a really dumb decision not to, unless there actually was an offer and SBU turned it down. They had a higher RPI in basketball than any CAA team this season.

RE: Replacement for George Mason - Purple Reign - 04-14-2013 03:08 PM

How about Lehigh or Youngstown as full membership?

RE: Replacement for George Mason - David Krysakowski - 12-06-2013 03:02 AM

It turned out to be Elon.

Northern Division
Albany*
Drexel
Hofstra
Maine*
New Hampshire*
Northeastern
Stony Brook*

Southern Division
Charleston