CSNbbs
Forbes Mag article on U-AB, FCS to FBS - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Team Talk (/forum-432.html)
+----- Forum: Liberty (/forum-46.html)
+----- Thread: Forbes Mag article on U-AB, FCS to FBS (/thread-716893.html)

Forbes Mag article on U-AB, FCS to FBS - NewTimes - 12-04-2014 08:39 AM

Interesting article from the financial side vs. sports side of realignment and move-ups at: http://www.forbes.com/sites/briangoff/2014/12/04/uab-drops-football-a-trend-or-one-off/

Most of the challenges and problems stated in the article do not effect Liberty and JMU. With C-USA likely invading the SBC for Louisiana Lafayatte or Texas State, a SBC opening seems LU's best chance. A C-USA invite for LU would be amazing.

With Liberty and JMU FBS, games with App State and ODU spike attendance. While the article has valid arguments for staying FCS, those points don't have as much merit for LU and JMU.

A FBS invite for LU is as close as it has ever been. Stay tuned.

RE: Forbes Mag article on U-AB, FCS to FBS - army56mike - 12-04-2014 08:22 PM

(12-04-2014 08:39 AM)Newetimes Wrote:  A FBS invite for LU is as close as it has ever been. Stay tuned.

Ya think? I don't know if I'd go that far. I's say we are still squarely in limbo.

RE: Forbes Mag article on U-AB, FCS to FBS - NewTimes - 12-04-2014 09:36 PM

(12-04-2014 08:22 PM)army56mike Wrote:  
(12-04-2014 08:39 AM)Newetimes Wrote:  A FBS invite for LU is as close as it has ever been. Stay tuned.

Ya think? I don't know if I'd go that far. I's say we are still squarely in limbo.
Key words "as close". If these boards represent a fair representation, then LU has made major headway with the Coastal/Playoff appearance/JMU win. Lack of winning has consistently be a valid reason by the naysayers for LU in the past. That LU had never won. That has been erased. In searching today about the Sat. game today, some are actually picking LU to beat Nova. Not most, but a few. Another example of a small step forward. I believe we have moved well beyond limbo. Let's see the fallout and shifts that occur with UAB. It's likely LU's best opportunity to become FBS. If not, it could be a very long time before the time is as attractive as it is now.