CSNbbs
***** Charlotte at Middle Tennessee *****live game thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: ***** Charlotte at Middle Tennessee *****live game thread (/thread-749548.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

***** Charlotte at Middle Tennessee *****live game thread - ThreeifbyLightning - 09-14-2015 11:57 AM

No reason not to go ahead and get this started early considering it's the Niners first C-USA game.

So, Charlotte are you all ready for your initiation?

Hopefully, a few of you will be able to make it. If you're coming to town we have a number of posters here that can help answer questions.

Look forward to a good clean game. Cheers!

RE: Charlotte at Middle Tennessee Game Thread - Tintin - 09-14-2015 12:01 PM

I'm assuming no tv at all on this one?

RE: Charlotte at Middle Tennessee Game Thread - ThreeifbyLightning - 09-14-2015 12:06 PM

(09-14-2015 12:01 PM)Tintin Wrote:  I'm assuming no tv at all on this one?

Likely only available streamed through C-USA website showing our crappy video board version.

RE: Charlotte at Middle Tennessee Game Thread - VA49er - 09-14-2015 12:09 PM

No high expectations with this one. We wanted big boy football and now we have it. Hopefully we can keep it competitive for a while but I expect the defense to wear down and the score to get lopsided.

RE: Charlotte at Middle Tennessee Game Thread - MU42 - 09-14-2015 12:12 PM

Can't wait to see how good or bad Charlotte really is. If they hang I'll gain a ton of respect for them and will know I was wrong. But if they lose like I think they will then they won't win another game.

RE: Charlotte at Middle Tennessee Game Thread - Ole Blue - 09-14-2015 12:12 PM

I am excited for the game. It will be a good test for both teams to open up conference play, Charlotte with a seasoned and strong team and MT with a not as good opponent to try to keep up good play. Welcome to Murfreesboro to any and all 49ers fans making the trip.

RE: Charlotte at Middle Tennessee Game Thread - 49RFootballNow - 09-14-2015 12:21 PM

I don't expect to win, but I wouldn't be too shocked if we did. I don't expect to get blown out, but I wouldn't be too shocked if that happened too. Right now we know we're better than two of the worst teams in the Sun Belt and a mid-level FCS program, so who knows what happens?

RE: Charlotte at Middle Tennessee Game Thread - ThreeifbyLightning - 09-14-2015 12:26 PM

(09-14-2015 12:21 PM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  I don't expect to win, but I wouldn't be too shocked if we did. I don't expect to get blown out, but I wouldn't be too shocked if that happened too. Right now we know we're better than two of the worst teams in the Sun Belt and a mid-level FCS program, so who knows what happens?

This is not the Blue Ho's you're playing.

Blue RAIDERS!

RE: Charlotte at Middle Tennessee Game Thread - Niner National - 09-14-2015 12:27 PM

MT will probably be one the stronger programs we face this year. Definitely don't expect a win. My fear is that the offense starts slow again. I think the defense will hold strong for a bit, but if the offense can't stay on the field, they'll wear down quick and MT will blow us out.

For anyone that hasn't watched us, our offense has always shown the ability to put up points quickly, but we also have a lot of drives where we throw 3 passes in hurry-up offense and don't convert, leaving our defense off the field for 2-3 minutes (real minutes, not game minutes). You can't do that unless you have an insane amount of quality defensive depth.

I expect a 21-24 point loss, but I'd be thrilled if we keep it competitive and might have to go to the doctor to get my erection fixed if we win.

RE: Charlotte at Middle Tennessee Game Thread - ThreeifbyLightning - 09-14-2015 12:29 PM

BTW, how does a college name themselves "Hose"?

RE: Charlotte at Middle Tennessee Game Thread - Niner National - 09-14-2015 12:31 PM

(09-14-2015 12:29 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  BTW, how does a college name themselves "Hose"?

I think their early teams wore blue socks and people started referring to them as the Blue Hose.

RE: Charlotte at Middle Tennessee Game Thread - 49RFootballNow - 09-14-2015 12:34 PM

(09-14-2015 12:26 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  
(09-14-2015 12:21 PM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  I don't expect to win, but I wouldn't be too shocked if we did. I don't expect to get blown out, but I wouldn't be too shocked if that happened too. Right now we know we're better than two of the worst teams in the Sun Belt and a mid-level FCS program, so who knows what happens?

Blue RAIDERS!

It's all talk and hot air till you win the game. 05-stirthepot

RE: Charlotte at Middle Tennessee Game Thread - ThreeifbyLightning - 09-14-2015 12:34 PM

(09-14-2015 12:31 PM)Niner National Wrote:  
(09-14-2015 12:29 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  BTW, how does a college name themselves "Hose"?

I think their early teams wore blue socks and people started referring to them as the Blue Hose.

Well, it just shows there is something worse than naming by copying an Ivy League school.

RE: Charlotte at Middle Tennessee Game Thread - ThreeifbyLightning - 09-14-2015 12:37 PM

(09-14-2015 12:34 PM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  
(09-14-2015 12:26 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  

Blue RAIDERS!

It's all talk and hot air till you win the game. 05-stirthepot

We have a little tradition of letting teams have their first I-A win against us, but since you got that out of the way in Atlanta well then it's a whole different story now.

Don't expect Stockstill to ever run up the score against a conf opponent, so here's my early prediction 45-13.

RE: Charlotte at Middle Tennessee Game Thread - ThreeifbyLightning - 09-14-2015 12:40 PM

I knew we would be much improved on defense, but it is much better than even where my expectations were. It will be difficult for your guys to get anything going on offense in a consistent way.

RE: Charlotte at Middle Tennessee Game Thread - Highflying49er - 09-14-2015 12:52 PM

(09-14-2015 12:40 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  I knew we would be much improved on defense, but it is much better than even where my expectations were. It will be difficult for your guys to get anything going on offense in a consistent way.

The bold could be said by our fans for Charlotte as well. However, that said, our D has shown strong against GSU and an FCS school, not #2 Alabama. I'm also slightly less confident in our offense than I was last year.

Expecting MT to warm us up for conference play in the worse kind of way. Charlotte loses this one by at least 2 touchdowns. I'll guess 34-17, MT.

Hope the Niners prove me wrong.

RE: Charlotte at Middle Tennessee Game Thread - Ole Blue - 09-14-2015 12:53 PM

(09-14-2015 12:40 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  I knew we would be much improved on defense, but it is much better than even where my expectations were. It will be difficult for your guys to get anything going on offense in a consistent way.

I second that. We had a bunch of turnovers against Bama and compared to Wiscy's 1 but they only scored 2 more points against us than against Wisconsin. Our defense is good.

RE: Charlotte at Middle Tennessee Game Thread - moss2k - 09-14-2015 01:16 PM

Truly have no idea what to expect from our perspective. We're going to continue our QB rotation from the Presby game, was weird rotating QB's mid-drive. However, it was nice to get our RS FR Brooks Barden some game time last week, started out rough and finished 8-8 w/ a TD once he settled in. We just had our starting LT go out with a toe injury, big loss for us.

We have a very talented group of WR's, will be interesting to see what they can do (if our QB's can get the ball to them).

RE: Charlotte at Middle Tennessee Game Thread - Niner National - 09-14-2015 01:26 PM

The injuries to the o-line concern me greatly. Not sure the backups are ready for FBS competition.

RE: Charlotte at Middle Tennessee Game Thread - Artifice - 09-14-2015 01:27 PM

Charlotte's OL has too many injuries going into this game. It would have gotten lopsided in the 2nd half, anyway. The injuries will just accelerate the inevitable.

MTSU by 3 TDs.