CSNbbs
"I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+---- Thread: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT (/thread-778447.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - billybobby777 - 06-30-2016 09:17 PM

(06-30-2016 06:55 PM)CameramanJ Wrote:  
(06-30-2016 04:42 PM)AssyrianDuke Wrote:  What are the odds, in your opinions, that Sansa finds out that he helped plot Joffrey's death (perhaps Bran has seen the DVDs while weirwood-ing)? Then she could find a way to turn him in to Cersei, be rid of him (more than likely for good), and clear her own name at the same time. Either way, I think Season 7 will be Littlefinger's last, especially if he continues to try and drive a wedge between the Starks.

Sansa knows that Baelish was part of the Joffrey assassination plot; he explains it to her right after he kills Dontos Hollard. Then he goes on the "a man with no motive is a man no one suspects" monologue.

In all fairness, when the small council made Sansa write the letter to Rob that their father was an "awful traitor" the deal was that Ned would go to the nights watch after confessing his treason. Joff acted alone. Varies, Peter and Cersi all agreed that Ned Stark could take the black. They were all shocked when Joff had Ser Illin Payne chop off his head. Ned was going to be traded for Jamie.
Cheers!

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - billybobby777 - 06-30-2016 09:19 PM

(06-30-2016 09:17 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  
(06-30-2016 06:55 PM)CameramanJ Wrote:  
(06-30-2016 04:42 PM)AssyrianDuke Wrote:  What are the odds, in your opinions, that Sansa finds out that he helped plot Joffrey's death (perhaps Bran has seen the DVDs while weirwood-ing)? Then she could find a way to turn him in to Cersei, be rid of him (more than likely for good), and clear her own name at the same time. Either way, I think Season 7 will be Littlefinger's last, especially if he continues to try and drive a wedge between the Starks.

Sansa knows that Baelish was part of the Joffrey assassination plot; he explains it to her right after he kills Dontos Hollard. Then he goes on the "a man with no motive is a man no one suspects" monologue.

In all fairness, when the small council made Sansa write the letter to Rob that their father was an "awful traitor" the deal was that Ned would go to the nights watch after confessing his treason. Joff acted alone. Varies, Peter and Cersi all agreed that Ned Stark could take the black. They were all shocked when Joff had Ser Illin Payne chop off his head. Ned was going to be traded for Jamie.
Cheers!

^sorry if I'm answering the wrong question !

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - AssyrianDuke - 07-01-2016 03:09 PM

Totally forgot he already confessed to Joffrey's death! I really need to rewatch these episodes. I feel like I miss a lot of what Baelish says because of his accent and the overall softness of his voice. I also have a hard time getting past the creepiness of his lecherous looks at Sansa.

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - CameramanJ - 07-01-2016 06:58 PM

(07-01-2016 03:09 PM)AssyrianDuke Wrote:  Totally forgot he already confessed to Joffrey's death! I really need to rewatch these episodes. I feel like I miss a lot of what Baelish says because of his accent and the overall softness of his voice. I also have a hard time getting past the creepiness of his lecherous looks at Sansa.

Have you noticed that his voice is different for every major character that he talks to? His sigil is the mockingbird. He sounds however he needs to sound to get his way. Generally he's been getting raspier.

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - AssyrianDuke - 07-01-2016 06:59 PM

(07-01-2016 06:58 PM)CameramanJ Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 03:09 PM)AssyrianDuke Wrote:  Totally forgot he already confessed to Joffrey's death! I really need to rewatch these episodes. I feel like I miss a lot of what Baelish says because of his accent and the overall softness of his voice. I also have a hard time getting past the creepiness of his lecherous looks at Sansa.

Have you noticed that his voice is different for every major character that he talks to? His sigil is the mockingbird. He sounds however he needs to sound to get his way. Generally he's been getting raspier.

I have noticed that. I just thought he was increasing his tobacco intake; must be stressful trying to win a war when you are on everyone and no one's team all at the same time.

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - AssyrianDuke - 07-01-2016 07:23 PM

I think my favorite part of the season finale was Arya taking out Walder Frey (and a couple of his kids too, not like anyone would notice, really). So glad the kid is taking names off her list again. Who is next? Here's the TV version of the list:

Joffrey
Cersei
Walder Frey
Meryn Trant
Tywin Lannister
The Red Woman/Melisandre
Beric Dondarrion
Thoros of Myr
Ilyn Payne
The Mountain (although she doesn't know it)
The Hound NOTE: Arya took him off the list

It looks like three of those people (Mel, Beric, and Thoros) might be together in place soon since Mel was banished from Winterfell, and I am guessing/assuming the magic of TV will bring her together with her fellow R'hollor-heads. I think they can talk their way out of being murdered. Ilyn Payne and Cersei though? Time for some face magic and murder!

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - GhentFan - 07-04-2016 02:04 PM

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - AssyrianDuke - 07-04-2016 08:57 PM

Nice video Ghent. I wish the narrator wasn't quite so fast talking because it was a very interesting topic. I'm going through the Accursed Kings series now and I have to say, it is quite the tale. Very fast paced and the books were the inspiration for Martin's Song of Ice and Fire.

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - GhentFan - 07-05-2016 09:45 AM

I'll have to check those out.
I'm doing Ice and Fire right now via audio book. Not really a fan of the Roy Dotrice's depiction of some of the characters. I mean, he's has Khal Rogo sounding like a high pitched simpleton.
Simon Vance did one hell of a job with The girl with the Dragoon Tattoo. I'm sure he would have been amazing with the GOT books.

I love all the detail in the books though. Too uch for my wife however. She bowed out after 8 hours or so total listening time.

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - AssyrianDuke - 07-05-2016 10:46 AM

The books can be a little over-detailed in some aspects. I had to look up so many words having to do with clothing when I was reading the books. I understand wanting to paint a picture for your audience, and the colors of clothing can have important meaning, but my god, I don't need a whole chapter on Cersei's dress.

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - nomad2u2001 - 07-05-2016 02:02 PM

(07-05-2016 10:46 AM)AssyrianDuke Wrote:  The books can be a little over-detailed in some aspects. I had to look up so many words having to do with clothing when I was reading the books. I understand wanting to paint a picture for your audience, and the colors of clothing can have important meaning, but my god, I don't need a whole chapter on Cersei's dress.

That's part of the reason I don't really like fantasy or science fiction books.

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - GhentFan - 07-05-2016 06:26 PM

Pretty much what my wife said when she told me I was on my own for the remainder of the books.

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - GrayBeard - 07-06-2016 11:23 AM

(07-05-2016 06:26 PM)GhentFan Wrote:  Pretty much what my wife said when she told me I was on my own for the remainder of the books.

Was she reading them to you?

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - CameramanJ - 07-06-2016 07:27 PM

(07-06-2016 11:23 AM)GrayBeard Wrote:  
(07-05-2016 06:26 PM)GhentFan Wrote:  Pretty much what my wife said when she told me I was on my own for the remainder of the books.

Was she reading them to you?

I imagine it was an audiobook during a road trip. If it is good content, then makes for fine listening. If not, it is a morale torpedo

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - GhentFan - 07-06-2016 08:10 PM

Yes Audiobook.
When they are great, it's a real treasure. When they are not,.... pure sadness.

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - billybobby777 - 07-06-2016 10:09 PM

(07-06-2016 08:10 PM)GhentFan Wrote:  Yes Audiobook.
When they are great, it's a real treasure. When they are not,.... pure sadness.

I'm curious to how they do the voices? Are these audio books voiced by multiple people? GMM? Dumb question, I just don't listen to audio books.

Cheers!

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - GhentFan - 07-08-2016 11:06 AM

In a majority of audio books I've listed to, it's one reader making up the voices.
Some series have different readers for different books. The Department Q series comes to mind.

If you want to start with an Audio Book I recommend the Girl with a Dragon Tattoo.
Fantastic writing (Book 1 and 2 at least), and the reader did a fantastic job.

I have come a few audio books that had multiple readers. I don't think it's done very often due to having to pay more than 1 reader, never mind it really complicates editing.

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - AssyrianDuke - 07-08-2016 05:35 PM

So one person is doing the voices for all the GoT characters? Is he Mel Blanc's grandson or something? That's a LOT of different characters.

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - CameramanJ - 07-08-2016 06:20 PM

The real question: Did their Hodor voice do justice to the legend that is Hodor?

RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - GhentFan - 07-09-2016 08:05 PM

(07-08-2016 05:35 PM)AssyrianDuke Wrote:  So one person is doing the voices for all the GoT characters? Is he Mel Blanc's grandson or something? That's a LOT of different characters.

Yes.

Also, I didn't know that the books have different versions of people reading them.