CSNbbs
OT: Purdue next AD - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big10bbs (/forum-259.html)
+---- Forum: Big 10 Conference Talk (/forum-167.html)
+---- Thread: OT: Purdue next AD (/thread-786724.html)

OT: Purdue next AD - TerpsNPhoenix - 08-09-2016 08:26 AM

Purdue is set to hire Mike Bobinski (currently AD at Georgia Tech ) as its next AD.

http://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/releases/2016/Q3/purdue-hires-mike-bobinski-as-next-athletic-director.html

Sent from my SM-N910V using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: OT: Purdue next AD - Transic_nyc - 08-09-2016 06:00 PM

Press conference remarks:

https://twitter.com/PurdueSports/status/763041676868726784

Announcement came out of the blue. The Big Ten still has attractive programs, even the so-called dregs.

RE: OT: Purdue next AD - GE and MTS - 08-10-2016 05:41 AM

Congratulations to Purdue for finding a new AD and stealing one from another P5. However, I use the term steal lightly as I think the consensus by GT fans is that their AD was crap.

RE: OT: Purdue next AD - TerpsNPhoenix - 08-10-2016 11:35 AM

Tom Dienhart
@BTNTomDienhart
Follow
The Big Ten has seen seven new athletic directors hired since 2012: Nebraska; Penn St.; Rutgers; Michigan; Illinois; Minnesota; Purdue.
6:42 am - 9 Aug 2016 from Trenton, MI

*bold is mine

Half of the conference has replaced the AD in the past 4 YEARS???? I know coaches jobs don't typically have a long life span but AD's should be longer.

OT: Purdue next AD - akhosrof - 08-10-2016 12:21 PM

Purdue's football hopes rest upon getting Sumlin once he's done at A&M.

RE: OT: Purdue next AD - NJ2MDTerp - 08-15-2016 11:40 PM

I'm more than ready for Maryland's AD to move on.

RE: OT: Purdue next AD - TerpsNPhoenix - 08-16-2016 06:30 AM

I think Kevin Anderson has only been with MD for 5ish years or so. We probably have a good amount of time until he willingly leaves. So unless we have some sort of scandal or he up and decides he wants to be somewhere else...he's here for the forseeable future. Not that it is impossible because I vaguely remember him tossing his name in the ring when the TX AD position was open.

RE: OT: Purdue next AD - NJ2MDTerp - 08-16-2016 01:30 PM

(08-16-2016 06:30 AM)TerpsNPhoenix Wrote:  I think Kevin Anderson has only been with MD for 5ish years or so. We probably have a good amount of time until he willingly leaves. So unless we have some sort of scandal or he up and decides he wants to be somewhere else...he's here for the forseeable future. Not that it is impossible because I vaguely remember him tossing his name in the ring when the TX AD position was open.

Ideally, my preference would be for Anderson to leave the program/school on good terms. He's almost there. If Durkin breaths new life into the football team this fall, then I think Anderson can move on to bigger and better things.