CSNbbs
Jurgen Klinsmann fired as USMNT coach - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: UNCW (/forum-686.html)
+------ Forum: Off Topic (/forum-978.html)
+------ Thread: Jurgen Klinsmann fired as USMNT coach (/thread-799511.html)

Jurgen Klinsmann fired as USMNT coach - Seahawk Nation 08 - 11-21-2016 03:59 PM

http://www.espnfc.com/united-states/story/3001177/jurgen-klinsmann-fired-as-manager-of-united-states-mens-national-team

No surprise there. But this is concerning as far as his replacement goes:

Quote:U.S. Soccer did not immediately name a replacement in thanking Klinsmann for his efforts in a statement, but sources told ESPN FC that negotiations are ongoing with LA Galaxy coach Bruce Arena to take over the job.

Sources told ESPN FC last week that U.S. Soccer has been in contact with Arena and Sporting Kansas City coach Peter Vermes as possible successors to Klinsmann over the past 12 months.

I get that the WC is only 1.5 years away and they'd prefer to give the job to a veteran, but a retread like Bruce Arena would be a terrible decision. Of those 2 choices definitely go with Vermes.....

RE: Jurgen Klinsmann fired as USMNT coach - solohawks - 11-21-2016 08:58 PM

Smells like a dumpster fire to me

RE: Jurgen Klinsmann fired as USMNT coach - B_Hawk06 - 11-22-2016 02:20 PM

(11-21-2016 08:58 PM)solohawks Wrote:  Smells like a dumpster fire to me

So US Men's soccer program... Ops normal.

RE: Jurgen Klinsmann fired as USMNT coach - dan10 - 11-22-2016 02:35 PM

Getting rid of Klinsmann was probably the right move, but it won't help us out any. Our whole system needs a reboot that goes beyond anything a single coach can do. Klinsmann did do a lot of good things outside of USMNT to help build something that can be sustainable, but there are just too many hurdles to make it a reality. The way the US handles soccer is just not compatible with how Europe and the rest of the world do it and the USA is too stubborn to change to something that is shown to work.