CSNbbs
Basketball Season - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big10bbs (/forum-259.html)
+---- Forum: Big 10 Conference Talk (/forum-167.html)
+---- Thread: Basketball Season (/thread-799789.html)

Basketball Season - brista21 - 11-23-2016 03:01 PM

What's everyone's outlook for their teams? I fully expect Rutgers to fall back quite a bit once we hit Seton Hall and Conference Play at the end of December. But it's nice to be 4-0 and have a team that's playing hard, hanging tough and for the most part playing smart. Amazing what a difference a coach can make in basketball.

RE: Basketball Season - Transic_nyc - 11-25-2016 09:12 PM

Interesting the reversal of fortune between the men's and women's basketball teams for Rutgers.

RE: Basketball Season - brista21 - 11-30-2016 05:41 PM

(11-25-2016 09:12 PM)Transic_nyc Wrote:  Interesting the reversal of fortune between the men's and women's basketball teams for Rutgers.

Oh completely. I personally feel that Stringer has just not evolved with the game over the last 10 years. She would say it's a series of short-term contracts and the miserable facilities that have hampered her recruiting. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle of all that.

Pikiell, on the other hand in the early going really seems to be an excellent hire. Hopefully, we're on to 7-0 tonight!

RE: Basketball Season - GE and MTS - 11-30-2016 07:16 PM

I'm lukewarm on Penn State's men's basketball team. Had some unusually good recruits and may finally be tapping into the Philadelphia market. Lost our season opener when we should have won. Beat Georgia Tech last night which surprised me. I'd like to see at least an NIT birth this year but that seems like a long shot unfortunately. We've got potential and if we grow up fast then we'll be okay.