CSNbbs
Gonzaga, Georgetown, NC State and others Recruiting Jim Boeheim's Son Buddy - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: Gonzaga, Georgetown, NC State and others Recruiting Jim Boeheim's Son Buddy (/thread-822408.html)

Pages: 1 2

Gonzaga, Georgetown, NC State and others Recruiting Jim Boeheim's Son Buddy - cuseroc - 07-21-2017 08:47 AM

Kid is a lights out shooter. Surprised they would actually waste resources recruiting him, since his dad is the HC at Cuse.

Buddy Boeheim

RE: Gonzaga, Georgetown, NC State and others Recruiting Jim Boeheoms Son Buddy - ken d - 07-21-2017 09:01 AM

Could that actually lead to Boeheim's retirement? It would certainly blunt any negatives about playing for your father if things go south.

RE: Gonzaga, Georgetown, NC State and others Recruiting Jim Boeheoms Son Buddy - cuseroc - 07-21-2017 09:38 AM

It seems that JB wants to retire once he coaches his son. There have been a couple of instances where coaching your son had not worked out so well.

RE: Gonzaga, Georgetown, NC State and others Recruiting Jim Boeheoms Son Buddy - CardinalJim - 07-21-2017 11:07 AM

I just always assumed he would play for UofL. We need another big, slow ,white guy like Kurick or Hancock to come in off the bench and have a career day against Syracuse. What a better guy to do it then JB's son? 02-13-banana
CJ

RE: Gonzaga, Georgetown, NC State and others Recruiting Jim Boeheoms Son Buddy - cuseroc - 07-21-2017 11:39 AM

(07-21-2017 11:07 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  I just always assumed he would play for UofL. We need another big, slow ,white guy like Kurick or Hancock to come in off the bench and have a career day against Syracuse. What a better guy to do it then JB's son? 02-13-banana
CJ

03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

I dont know if I should laugh

Or get angry!

05-mafia 05-mafia

RE: Gonzaga, Georgetown, NC State and others Recruiting Jim Boeheim's Son Buddy - nzmorange - 07-21-2017 03:17 PM

Georgetown...LOL

Ewing is even the coach.

RE: Gonzaga, Georgetown, NC State and others Recruiting Jim Boeheim's Son Buddy - nzmorange - 07-21-2017 03:23 PM

(07-21-2017 09:38 AM)cuseroc Wrote:  It seems that JB wants to retire once he coaches his son. There have been a couple of instances where coaching your son had not worked out so well.

Also, I'm surprised they think he cares about a scholarship. His dad pulls in a couple million a year (and has been for YEARS) and works for a university (that probably has some kind of tuition assistance benefit).

I feel like jr will be able to swing tuition w/o too much debt.

RE: Gonzaga, Georgetown, NC State and others Recruiting Jim Boeheim's Son Buddy - cuseroc - 07-21-2017 04:43 PM

(07-21-2017 03:23 PM)nzmorange Wrote:  
(07-21-2017 09:38 AM)cuseroc Wrote:  It seems that JB wants to retire once he coaches his son. There have been a couple of instances where coaching your son had not worked out so well.

Also, I'm surprised they think he cares about a scholarship. His dad pulls in a couple million a year (and has been for YEARS) and works for a university (that probably has some kind of tuition assistance benefit).

I feel like jr will be able to swing tuition w/o too much debt.

Yeah, I read somewhere that Buddy would be a walk-on at SU

RE: Gonzaga, Georgetown, NC State and others Recruiting Jim Boeheim's Son Buddy - opossum - 07-21-2017 08:34 PM

(07-21-2017 09:01 AM)ken d Wrote:  Could that actually lead to Boeheim's retirement? It would certainly blunt any negatives about playing for your father if things go south.

I think JB's unfortunately already announced his retirement next year, right?

I hope he stays longer and coaches his son to several national championships. It couldn't happen to a nicer family.

RE: Gonzaga, Georgetown, NC State and others Recruiting Jim Boeheim's Son Buddy - cuseroc - 07-21-2017 09:28 PM

(07-21-2017 08:34 PM)opossum Wrote:  
(07-21-2017 09:01 AM)ken d Wrote:  Could that actually lead to Boeheim's retirement? It would certainly blunt any negatives about playing for your father if things go south.

I hope he stays longer and coaches his son to several national championships. It couldn't happen to a nicer family.

They do have a great family. Involved in a lot of humanitarian efforts. JB did announce his retirement which would be after this season. It was shortly after SU had sanctions placed on it from the NCAA. But a few months ago, he announced he was going to continue to coach until he feels he's ready to quit. It was just after his long time assistant, and coach in waiting, Mike Hopkins got tired of waiting and finally took a HC job elsewhere.

RE: Gonzaga, Georgetown, NC State and others Recruiting Jim Boeheim's Son Buddy - opossum - 07-21-2017 11:47 PM

(07-21-2017 09:28 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  

They do have a great family. Involved in a lot of humanitarian efforts. JB did announce his retirement which would be after this season. It was shortly after SU had sanctions placed on it from the NCAA. But a few months ago, he announced he was going to continue to coach until he feels he's ready to quit. It was just after his long time assistant, and coach in waiting, Mike Hopkins got tired of waiting and finally took a HC job elsewhere.

I hadn't heard about his change in plans, that's great news for Syracuse and for the ACC.

RE: Gonzaga, Georgetown, NC State and others Recruiting Jim Boeheim's Son Buddy - TexanMark - 07-22-2017 09:21 AM

(07-21-2017 11:47 PM)opossum Wrote:  

I hadn't heard about his change in plans, that's great news for Syracuse and for the ACC.

Pretty much it seems Jim will stay about 5-6 more years. I just hope we don't have a Bobby Bowden type thing. He'll be near 80 at retirement.

I could see All 4 HOFer coaches staying for 5-6 more years

RE: Gonzaga, Georgetown, NC State and others Recruiting Jim Boeheim's Son Buddy - nzmorange - 07-22-2017 09:30 AM

(07-22-2017 09:21 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  
(07-21-2017 11:47 PM)opossum Wrote:  

Pretty much it seems Jim will stay about 5-6 more years. I just hope we don't have a Bobby Bowden type thing. He'll be near 80 at retirement.

I could see All 4 HOFer coaches staying for 5-6 more years

I hope that Hop pans out, and will have ~6 years of experience under his belt when he takes over (he will 100% take over if he does well as a HC)

RE: Gonzaga, Georgetown, NC State and others Recruiting Jim Boeheim's Son Buddy - Wolfman - 07-22-2017 10:45 AM

It is a double edged sword. People will say he is only being recruited because he is Boeheim's son...he only got in Syracuse because he is Boeheim's son, etc. It can cause a lot of resentment among players as well.

Playing for your father has to be like working for your father - difficult at best, disastrous at worst. He should at least consider playing for a different coach. Kind of 'making it on your own' scenario.

RE: Gonzaga, Georgetown, NC State and others Recruiting Jim Boeheim's Son Buddy - cuseroc - 07-22-2017 11:58 AM

(07-22-2017 10:45 AM)Wolfman Wrote:  

It is a double edged sword. People will say he is only being recruited because he is Boeheim's son...he only got in Syracuse because he is Boeheim's son, etc. It can cause a lot of resentment among players as well.

Playing for your father has to be like working for your father - difficult at best, disastrous at worst. He should at least consider playing for a different coach. Kind of 'making it on your own' scenario.

In this case I dont think that will the case since there are other big time programs recuiting him. I agree that it can cause some issues with other players who may feel that the coaches son is taking away their minutes.

RE: Gonzaga, Georgetown, NC State and others Recruiting Jim Boeheim's Son Buddy - TexanMark - 07-22-2017 02:59 PM

(07-22-2017 11:58 AM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(07-22-2017 10:45 AM)Wolfman Wrote:  

In this case I dont think that will the case since there are other big time programs recuiting him. I agree that it can cause some issues with other players who may feel that the coaches son is taking away their minutes.

Buddy has a very close relationship to his Dad.

His older brother not so much. He is going to play for Cornell.

If Buddy plays he better hope they win...if not it will be an issue in the clubhouse.

RE: Gonzaga, Georgetown, NC State and others Recruiting Jim Boeheim's Son Buddy - ArQ - 07-24-2017 08:56 AM

(07-21-2017 08:47 AM)cuseroc Wrote:  Kid is a lights out shooter. Surprised they would actually waste resources recruiting him, since his dad is the HC at Cuse.

Buddy Boeheim

Does Coach K have a son? I can't wait him playing for Coach K.

RE: Gonzaga, Georgetown, NC State and others Recruiting Jim Boeheim's Son Buddy - TexanMark - 01-12-2018 10:28 AM

Just nominated for McDonald's game along with about 150 others. If you remember Andy Rautins from about 7 years ago...he should have that role.

RE: Gonzaga, Georgetown, NC State and others Recruiting Jim Boeheim's Son Buddy - CardinalJim - 01-14-2018 06:02 AM

Congratulations to the young man.

RE: Gonzaga, Georgetown, NC State and others Recruiting Jim Boeheim's Son Buddy - dawgitall - 01-15-2018 01:27 PM

But if he came south to play where would Dad eat when he came to watch him play?