CSNbbs
OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away (/thread-829060.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - RonBurgundy - 04-19-2018 05:46 PM

(04-17-2018 09:40 PM)HogDawg Wrote:  
(04-16-2018 07:46 PM)RonBurgundy Wrote:  Started watching The Ranch on Netflix last night. If you liked That 70's Show and like Sam Elliot, you should give it a shot.

I've seen all episodes of "The Ranch". I like it. I thought the series started out a little rough, but after about 8 or 10 episodes it got into a rhythm and was much better. Don't know what they are going to do now that Danny Masterson has been fired.

You're dead on about the show getting it's rhythm after 8 episodes or so. Seems to have really taken off after that point. It'll be interesting to see how they write him out.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - ragin4u - 04-20-2018 10:51 AM

(04-16-2018 07:08 PM)bit_9 Wrote:  New Lost in space on Netflix is pretty darn entertaining. I like the twist on Smith and Parker Posey does pretty good with the role.

Posted from mobile device. Hopefully it's coherent.

About 3 episodes in and I am really enjoying it. Thanks for the heads up.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - bit_9 - 04-20-2018 08:33 PM

Nice. I binged it in like 2 days.

Posted from mobile device. Hopefully it's coherent.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - MUther - 04-21-2018 12:16 AM

(04-18-2018 10:33 PM)WWDog Wrote:  Yes The Americans has been a very good series and this final season is getting very intense. If you have not seen the series, I highly recommend watching the whole thing.

I watched 3 seasons of that show and lost interest. I assume it got better? They kept trying to tease the whole neighbor is FBI and we could get caught too long and I got bored with it, and their daughter was a brat. I basically start watching it as it came on right after Justified, but after Justified ended I don't really watch FX much.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - ragin4u - 04-21-2018 06:07 PM

(04-21-2018 12:16 AM)MUther Wrote:  
(04-18-2018 10:33 PM)WWDog Wrote:  Yes The Americans has been a very good series and this final season is getting very intense. If you have not seen the series, I highly recommend watching the whole thing.

I watched 3 seasons of that show and lost interest. I assume it got better? They kept trying to tease the whole neighbor is FBI and we could get caught too long and I got bored with it, and their daughter was a brat. I basically start watching it as it came on right after Justified, but after Justified ended I don't really watch FX much.

It did hit some lulls and the little girl problems mid-series were aggravating but it gets good again. Very intense.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - WWDog - 04-21-2018 10:23 PM

Rented Molly's Game from Redbox last night. Good movie. It has a Wall Street feel to it from a high stakes poker perspective.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - WWDog - 04-24-2018 10:58 PM

The second season of Westworld premiered on Sunday. I'm about to watch it.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - eagle04 - 04-25-2018 08:52 AM

(04-24-2018 10:58 PM)WWDog Wrote:  The second season of Westworld premiered on Sunday. I'm about to watch it.

Better strap on your thinking cap because it is a mental roller coaster. I have to read post episode "wrap ups" to understand everything going on.

If you have never watched, do not attempt to start anywhere but the beginning.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - WWDog - 04-25-2018 09:09 PM

(04-25-2018 08:52 AM)eagle04 Wrote:  
(04-24-2018 10:58 PM)WWDog Wrote:  The second season of Westworld premiered on Sunday. I'm about to watch it.

Better strap on your thinking cap because it is a mental roller coaster. I have to read post episode "wrap ups" to understand everything going on.

If you have never watched, do not attempt to start anywhere but the beginning.
The transition from last season to this season was sharp and quick. Getting your footing on this new season is difficult.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - WWDog - 05-14-2018 11:10 PM

Westworld is insanely twisted! I don't know how many more seasons they can make out of this. They have reveled so much of the present unique plot that I can't fathom anything they can more provocative for future plots.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - ghostofclt - 05-15-2018 04:24 PM

clt recommends brockmire.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - ThreeifbyLightning - 05-15-2018 06:19 PM

(04-21-2018 06:07 PM)ragin4u Wrote:  
(04-21-2018 12:16 AM)MUther Wrote:  

It did hit some lulls and the little girl problems mid-series were aggravating but it gets good again. Very intense.

Yep, last year and this year have been binge worthy. I see no way this ends other than either Philip or Elizabeth get killed as we lead up to the end of the USSR. I kind of envision Elizabeth getting so pissed watching the Berlin Wall being torn down that she decides to go out in a blaze of glory. That chick is hard core.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - MUther - 05-16-2018 03:14 PM

(05-14-2018 11:10 PM)WWDog Wrote:  Westworld is insanely twisted! I don't know how many more seasons they can make out of this. They have reveled so much of the present unique plot that I can't fathom anything they can more provocative for future plots.
Every answer leads to ten more questions. All they've really revealed is that their endgame is immortality for the rich. But that's not Ford's endgame.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - MUther - 05-16-2018 03:17 PM

For those watching Billions, how'd you like Wendy getting revenge on Chuck's dad? I thought that was awesome.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - Cyniclone - 05-16-2018 03:21 PM

(05-15-2018 04:24 PM)ghostofclt Wrote:  clt recommends brockmire.
agreed

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - WWDog - 05-16-2018 08:52 PM

(05-16-2018 03:17 PM)MUther Wrote:  For those watching Billions, how'd you like Wendy getting revenge on Chuck's dad? I thought that was awesome.
Wendy is in full control along with the ??name?? girl that controlled Axe Capitol while Axe was out. The young trader that has a crush on Wendy is not alone! Wendy has a depth to her persona that makes you want to know everything about her. Chuck and Axe (particularly Chuck) are crooked throughout and Chuck doesn't deserve to kiss her whip.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - ghostofclt - 05-17-2018 06:41 PM

(05-16-2018 03:21 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  
(05-15-2018 04:24 PM)ghostofclt Wrote:  clt recommends brockmire.
agreed

clt says Jules is a fun character.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - MUther - 05-18-2018 02:44 AM

(05-16-2018 08:52 PM)WWDog Wrote:  
(05-16-2018 03:17 PM)MUther Wrote:  For those watching Billions, how'd you like Wendy getting revenge on Chuck's dad? I thought that was awesome.
Wendy is in full control along with the ??name?? girl that controlled Axe Capitol while Axe was out. The young trader that has a crush on Wendy is not alone! Wendy has a depth to her persona that makes you want to know everything about her. Chuck and Axe (particularly Chuck) are crooked throughout and Chuck doesn't deserve to kiss her whip.

That scene last year of her walking into the hot tub butt naked didn't hurt that feeling any either.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - WWDog - 05-21-2018 09:08 PM

Not a series but a movie. Watched Nightcrawler the last night on Netflix. Very intense and Jake is a bit insane in his role.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - ThreeifbyLightning - 06-01-2018 06:52 AM

Who all watched the finale of the Americans?

Interested in what you thought about it? Definitely didn't end how I expected.

A little weird that the climax (between Stan and "the illegals") occurred way before the end of the show. Was really anticipating another shoe to drop.

I get the sense the writers made a concentrated effort to draw parallels to a Cold War gone hot - particularly the concept of Mutually Assured Destruction (i.e. nobody wins). Just didn't happen for the characters the way I thought. I fully expected a blaze of glory type showdown but either way they all lost.