CSNbbs
OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away (/thread-829060.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - WWDog - 01-24-2018 12:12 AM

(01-23-2018 07:57 PM)ragin4u Wrote:  Whoever pushed Godless, thank you!! That was a fantastic series.

I picked up on it from another post but then posted that it was a very good series. It has been weeks since I ended the series and still think of it from time to time. One of the best westerns I have EVER seen.

The wife and I just finished The Crown. I'm not into the British Royalty thing probably due to that being forced down my throat in high school english. This series, however, is very good. I gained a whole new appreciation for Elizabeth II. The lady has some balls and admire her for the job she has done. There were several events that I had no idea occurred and she handled them with a lot of class. Two seasons on Netflix and both are good.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - SouthernMiss3613 - 01-25-2018 03:54 PM

(01-24-2018 12:12 AM)WWDog Wrote:  
(01-23-2018 07:57 PM)ragin4u Wrote:  Whoever pushed Godless, thank you!! That was a fantastic series.

I picked up on it from another post but then posted that it was a very good series. It has been weeks since I ended the series and still think of it from time to time. One of the best westerns I have EVER seen.

The wife and I just finished The Crown. I'm not into the British Royalty thing probably due to that being forced down my throat in high school english. This series, however, is very good. I gained a whole new appreciation for Elizabeth II. The lady has some balls and admire her for the job she has done. There were several events that I had no idea occurred and she handled them with a lot of class. Two seasons on Netflix and both are good.

I plan on starting Godless soon. We watched the first season of The Crown and it was pretty good.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - SouthernMiss3613 - 01-25-2018 03:57 PM

Catastrophe is also a great comedy show on Amazon.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - Luckyshot - 01-25-2018 04:19 PM

Recently tried "Fresh off the Boat" and my wife and I love the humor. The mom is my favorite :)

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - eagle04 - 01-30-2018 03:15 PM

Not sure if anyone caught the doc called "Madman or Messiah" on A&E about David Koresh and the Branch Davidians. It was a very insightful and well done doc. Very interesting to see both perspectives.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - ODUCoach - 01-30-2018 03:47 PM

(01-30-2018 03:15 PM)eagle04 Wrote:  Not sure if anyone caught the doc called "Madman or Messiah" on A&E about David Koresh and the Branch Davidians. It was a very insightful and well done doc. Very interesting to see both perspectives.

There's also a miniseries called "Waco" that is on the new Paramount Network (formerly Spike). Only 1 week in (of 6). Not going to comment quite yet on it, other than to say it is interesting.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - Attackcoog - 01-30-2018 03:51 PM

Just started Godless. Really good so far--and Im not typically big on Westerns. An aside--Im betting this show wins some sort of cinematography award. Its really well shot.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - Memphis Blazer - 01-30-2018 03:59 PM

(01-30-2018 03:51 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

Just started Godless. Really good so far--and Im not typically big on Westerns. An aside--Im betting this show wins some sort of cinematography award. Its really well shot.

Jeff Daniels was fantastic.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - eagle04 - 02-06-2018 09:29 AM

Anyone watching Altered Carbon?

I'm about 1.5 episodes in. It's interesting but a little hard to follow.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - WWDog - 02-09-2018 01:26 AM

Counterpart on Stars is turning out to be interesting. The fact that you have to figure out what the hell is going on is part of the interest. You find out bits of it as it goes along. JK Simmons has two parts in the series. Himself and his counterpart in the parallel society.

What is Altered Carbon on?

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - WWDog - 02-09-2018 01:29 AM

This is a great thread. I have picked up on so many great series. I guess this is the way we will find what we want to watch when everyone has cut the cord.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - eagle04 - 02-09-2018 09:47 AM

(02-09-2018 01:26 AM)WWDog Wrote:  Counterpart on Stars is turning out to be interesting. The fact that you have to figure out what the hell is going on is part of the interest. You find out bits of it as it goes along. JK Simmons has two parts in the series. Himself and his counterpart in the parallel society.

What is Altered Carbon on?

Netflix. It stars Joel Kinnaman who played Will Conway in House of Cards.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - ragin4u - 02-09-2018 05:20 PM

(02-09-2018 01:29 AM)WWDog Wrote:  This is a great thread. I have picked up on so many great series. I guess this is the way we will find what we want to watch when everyone has cut the cord.

I've watched most of the 1st season of The Detour on TBS. May not be for everyone but I am laughing my butt off.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - Attackcoog - 02-09-2018 10:57 PM

(02-09-2018 05:20 PM)ragin4u Wrote:  
(02-09-2018 01:29 AM)WWDog Wrote:  This is a great thread. I have picked up on so many great series. I guess this is the way we will find what we want to watch when everyone has cut the cord.

I've watched most of the 1st season of The Detour on TBS. May not be for everyone but I am laughing my butt off.

lol...Ive always thought Natalie Zea was kinda hot....so Id probably watch it even if it wasnt that good. 04-cheers

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - BKTopper - 02-10-2018 05:26 PM

2nd season out now on Hulu and does not disappoint!

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - BKTopper - 02-10-2018 05:27 PM

(02-09-2018 10:57 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

lol...Ive always thought Natalie Zea was kinda hot....so Id probably watch it even if it wasnt that good. 04-cheers

She's just the bees knees

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - BKTopper - 02-10-2018 05:28 PM

04-cheers

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - Attackcoog - 02-10-2018 05:35 PM

Agree. Most every show mentioned on here I tried I enjoyed. Great thread.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - ghostofclt - 02-10-2018 05:41 PM

clt recommends the office.

RE: OT: Best show nobody is watching, pimp away - BKTopper - 02-10-2018 05:49 PM

Altered Carbon (Netflix)
Great British Baking show (Netflix)
Crashing (HBO)