CSNbbs
Banner ads - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: Board Tech Support (/forum-545.html)
+---- Thread: Banner ads (/thread-829625.html)

Banner ads - jaredf29 - 10-10-2017 04:42 PM

About a week or so ago, the banner ads have began to block the room headline at the top on my mobile devices (iPad, iPhone). Is this related to the system update possibly?

RE: Banner ads - georgia_tech_swagger - 10-12-2017 09:49 PM

I'm testing new Google ad units which calculate available space in real time and serve up a dynamic ad in real time best suited for the end user's browser and screen (be that mobile, ultra widescreen, etc). Right now these ads are only running on a few test boards and only on thread listing pages.

Can you please take a screenshot of this any time it happens and post it here? I don't own any iOS devices and I don't want to own any. But if you're willing to help me with screenshots any time it messes up like this I'll do my best to get it fixed for you.

04-cheers

RE: Banner ads - jaredf29 - 10-12-2017 11:22 PM

(10-12-2017 09:49 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  I'm testing new Google ad units which calculate available space in real time and serve up a dynamic ad in real time best suited for the end user's browser and screen (be that mobile, ultra widescreen, etc). Right now these ads are only running on a few test boards and only on thread listing pages.

Can you please take a screenshot of this any time it happens and post it here? I don't own any iOS devices and I don't want to own any. But if you're willing to help me with screenshots any time it messes up like this I'll do my best to get it fixed for you.

04-cheers

For sure I’ll help. I don’t know how to post the photo but I’ll look it up and try.
[attachment=9128]

RE: Banner ads - georgia_tech_swagger - 10-12-2017 11:41 PM

(10-12-2017 11:22 PM)jaredf29 Wrote:  
(10-12-2017 09:49 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  I'm testing new Google ad units which calculate available space in real time and serve up a dynamic ad in real time best suited for the end user's browser and screen (be that mobile, ultra widescreen, etc). Right now these ads are only running on a few test boards and only on thread listing pages.

04-cheers

For sure I’ll help. I don’t know how to post the photo but I’ll look it up and try.

Woah. That's ..... unusual. Are you viewing with zoomed text by chance? E.g. - you make the text bigger by a size or a two to make text more legible?

RE: Banner ads - jaredf29 - 10-13-2017 10:38 AM

No this is just normal text.

RE: Banner ads - Dukie95 - 10-23-2017 06:14 PM

Not sure if this is a change, but the banner ads block my ability to click on the forum names at the top of a page. I can reach the top level "Active Boards", but can't get to anything below that.

RE: Banner ads - jaredf29 - 12-23-2017 12:37 PM

It looks as though the problem has been resolved.