CSNbbs
100 Miles of Hate Part 2 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: 100 Miles of Hate Part 2 (/thread-843777.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

100 Miles of Hate Part 2 - wkuhilltopperfan - 02-25-2018 08:46 AM

This game is setting up to be the ultimate MT vs WKU rivalry game, possibly one of the biggest ever! Both teams are playing the best ball of the year and I think both are deserving of playing in the NCAA tournament. Stealing a win in Murfreesboro won’t be easy, but I think WKU is a team that could do just that. A lot of WKU fans will be making the 100 mile journey to see this beloved WKU squad one last time in person and hoping to see the magic one more time.

Go Tops!

RE: 100 Miles of Hate Part 2 - MTowho - 02-25-2018 09:50 AM

(02-25-2018 08:46 AM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  This game is setting up to be the ultimate MT vs WKU rivalry game, possibly one of the biggest ever! Both teams are playing the best ball of the year and I think both are deserving of playing in the NCAA tournament. Stealing a win in Murfreesboro won’t be easy, but I think WKU is a team that could do just that. A lot of WKU fans will be making the 100 mile journey to see this beloved WKU squad one last time in person and hoping to see the magic one more time.

Go Tops!

Hard to find a time where both teams were playing at this level at the same time. Murphy Center will be packed. Should be the ultimate showcase of CUSA basketball this season. I'm sure the hundreds on Facebook will enjoy the game.

RE: 100 Miles of Hate Part 2 - ThreeifbyLightning - 02-25-2018 10:10 AM

The game is on CBS Sports Network.

RE: 100 Miles of Hate Part 2 - Hilltop75 - 02-25-2018 10:13 AM

(02-25-2018 10:10 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  The game is on CBS Sports Network.

At least Judy McGoofy got this one on a actual network. My fear is next year its all going to be streaming,

RE: 100 Miles of Hate Part 2 - Hilltopper2K - 02-25-2018 05:28 PM

(02-25-2018 09:50 AM)MTowho Wrote:  Hard to find a time where both teams were playing at this level at the same time. Murphy Center will be packed. Should be the ultimate showcase of CUSA basketball this season. I'm sure the hundreds on Facebook will enjoy the game.

That's funny right there. I don't care who you are.

RE: 100 Miles of Hate Part 2 - CyrusJS - 02-25-2018 07:07 PM

Nobody watches CBSSN either, but at least it is available on TV if you have the package. If not, they have no streaming options.

RE: 100 Miles of Hate Part 2 - WKUYG - 02-25-2018 07:16 PM

(02-25-2018 07:07 PM)CyrusJS Wrote:  Nobody watches CBSSN either, but at least it is available on TV if you have the package. If not, they have no streaming options.

A billion people around the world has the option of watching this game....

how many has the option to watch on CBSSN? The odds are someone would have to be looking for the game to watch it on CBSSN just like with stadium.

If only a few hundred choose to watch it then that's the reason no one is willing to pay CUSA for content. The only way you are sure of eyes over 500k ...espn, not espnu or 2 but espn. They are not buying what we got to sell.

For all of those that constantly complain about this...you are part of the problem. If there's not 200k or more CUSA fans that watch this game. Then again...you have your answer

RE: 100 Miles of Hate Part 2 - KAjunRaider - 02-25-2018 07:45 PM

(02-25-2018 07:16 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(02-25-2018 07:07 PM)CyrusJS Wrote:  Nobody watches CBSSN either, but at least it is available on TV if you have the package. If not, they have no streaming options.

how many has the option to watch on CBSSN? The odds are someone would have to be looking for the game to watch it on CBSSN just like with stadium.

If only a few hundred choose to watch it then that's the reason no one is willing to pay CUSA for content. The only way you are sure of eyes over 500k ...espn, not espnu or 2 but espn. They are not buying what we got to sell.

For all of those that constantly complain about this...you are part of the problem. If there's not 200k or more CUSA fans that watch this game. Then again...you have your answer

We've got to get our game-times staggered, a bit. No wonder we don't get a ton of non-participating fanbases' viewership for the rare games that are one. We all play at the same time, even on Saturdays.

I'd watch exclusively C-USA hoops, but I rarely get the chance, because I'm at the games.

When our men are on the road, I'm at the MT women's games.

Play some mens' conference games on Mondays, Tuesdays, Sundays.

RE: 100 Miles of Hate Part 2 - MTPiKapp - 02-25-2018 07:50 PM

(02-25-2018 07:45 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  

We've got to get our game-times staggered, a bit. No wonder we don't get a ton of non-participating fanbases' viewership for the rare games that are one. We all play at the same time, even on Saturdays.

I'd watch exclusively C-USA hoops, but I rarely get the chance, because I'm at the games.

I don't think enough conference members care about WBB enough to rock the boat.

RE: 100 Miles of Hate Part 2 - goherd24herdfans - 02-25-2018 09:51 PM

(02-25-2018 07:50 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  

+1

RE: 100 Miles of Hate Part 2 - MTPiKapp - 02-25-2018 10:26 PM

(02-25-2018 09:51 PM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  
(02-25-2018 07:50 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  

+1

We obviously take a lot of pride in our women's hoops, we are routinely just outside the top 25 in attendance and if we fail to reach the postseason this year, I believe it will be the first time in something like 15 years and only a few of those years have been WNIT.

ODU, La Tech, and Western all have great programs and are the only ones we don't outdraw by more than double.

Charlotte, North Texas, Southern Miss and UTEP all deserve mention for at least averaging 1,000-1,500.

The other six members are in the 400-700 range, I really wish that those six could even get to the level of the middle four, but admittedly had I not gone to a school that had very strong women's hoops, I probably wouldn't care either.

RE: 100 Miles of Hate Part 2 - KAjunRaider - 02-25-2018 10:42 PM

Regardless of the women's hoops, I think the conference needs to take a look at playing a few select games on days other than Thursdays and Saturdays.

It would give us more exposure.

Or at least playing a few more mid-afternoon games on the weekends.

I can watch an $EC game on TV on most every night. I realize the SEC has more money to charter flights, etc, to get the players back to classes the next day.

I picked the wrong thread to discuss this, though. Apologies to the OP.

RE: 100 Miles of Hate Part 2 - wkuhilltopperfan - 02-26-2018 10:25 PM

Does MT have a active message board anymore?

RE: 100 Miles of Hate Part 2 - MTPiKapp - 02-26-2018 10:36 PM

(02-26-2018 10:25 PM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  Does MT have a active message board anymore?

The same two we've had for the last ten years or so, though the traffic on both has definitely dipped, probably need to consolidate, but we won't for reasons only a few people even remember.

RE: 100 Miles of Hate Part 2 - wkuhilltopperfan - 02-26-2018 10:42 PM

(02-26-2018 10:36 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  
(02-26-2018 10:25 PM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  Does MT have a active message board anymore?

The same two we've had for the last ten years or so, though the traffic on both has definitely dipped, probably need to consolidate, but we won't for reasons only a few people even remember.

I noticed one was down and the other has zero post other than thre mod, just surprised with the success

RE: 100 Miles of Hate Part 2 - ThreeifbyLightning - 02-26-2018 10:47 PM

Scout isn't used anymore (which is probably where you are going). BRZ is undergoing scheduled maintenance tonight. Rivals board is the other active one.

RE: 100 Miles of Hate Part 2 - wkuhilltopperfan - 02-27-2018 07:48 AM

(02-26-2018 10:47 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Scout isn't used anymore (which is probably where you are going). BRZ is undergoing scheduled maintenance tonight. Rivals board is the other active one.

BRZ. Is the one i knew was down, you guys used to be more active.

RE: 100 Miles of Hate Part 2 - WKUFan518 - 02-27-2018 09:39 AM

(02-27-2018 07:48 AM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  
(02-26-2018 10:47 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Scout isn't used anymore (which is probably where you are going). BRZ is undergoing scheduled maintenance tonight. Rivals board is the other active one.

BRZ. Is the one i knew was down, you guys used to be more active.

I think all message boards used to be more active, Twitter has kind of ended the high traffic we used to have on message boards...

RE: 100 Miles of Hate Part 2 - CincyDave - 02-27-2018 10:08 AM

^ Also Facebook and Reddit.

RE: 100 Miles of Hate Part 2 - 69topper - 02-27-2018 02:42 PM

Just asking, does anyone know if the lower seats in J section chairback?