CSNbbs
Does anyone use a mobile hotspot for their primary source of internet? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+---- Thread: Does anyone use a mobile hotspot for their primary source of internet? (/thread-844325.html)

Does anyone use a mobile hotspot for their primary source of internet? - TTT - 03-02-2018 07:02 PM

I live in a rural area where neither high speed internet or dsl is available. Hughesnet is the only option (helllllllll noooo). However, verizon has great 4g data coverage in the area...so I'm thinking about getting the best mobile hotspot data plan Verizon offers along with some streaming service sub's. Has anyone done something similar to this? Is it possible to use a mobile hotspot for your primary internet source? What say you?

RE: Does anyone use a mobile hotspot for their primary source of internet? - TTT - 03-16-2018 03:56 PM

Anyone?

RE: Does anyone use a mobile hotspot for their primary source of internet? - MWC Tex - 03-22-2018 01:13 PM

i don't use wireless for internet, but yes you can use a mobile hotspot for your internet. At 4g speed you will be OK and can do video streaming. however, you may have some bandwidth issues if there is a lot of people using at the same time. being in a rural area, should not be an issue.

RE: Does anyone use a mobile hotspot for their primary source of internet? - MWC Tex - 03-22-2018 01:15 PM

I just recently read that the wireless companies are now starting to run fiber optic cable from and between cell towers so that the data can travel fairly easily. I guess we can see more wireless carriers becoming internet access providers.