CSNbbs
Marshall basketball accepts a CIT bid, will host... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Marshall basketball accepts a CIT bid, will host... (/thread-844767.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Marshall basketball accepts a CIT bid, will host... - WKUFan518 - 03-07-2018 06:07 PM

You guys must not be paying attention to NIT bids lately...No way Marshall gets NIT bid, other way CUSA gets NIT bid is if A. MTSU loses and B. WKU makes finals, other then those scenarios happening we will have 0 teams in NIT...THey have to make sure every power conference team .500 or above is invited plus a lot of number 1 seeds are losing in these conf. tournaments that take up NIT bids....

RE: Marshall basketball accepts a CIT bid, will host... - ODUMONARCHZ1 - 03-07-2018 06:18 PM

(03-07-2018 06:07 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  You guys must not be paying attention to NIT bids lately...No way Marshall gets NIT bid, other way CUSA gets NIT bid is if A. MTSU loses and B. WKU makes finals, other then those scenarios happening we will have 0 teams in NIT...THey have to make sure every power conference team .500 or above is invited plus a lot of number 1 seeds are losing in these conf. tournaments that take up NIT bids....
I'd say the same for odu if we make it to the finals

Sent from my SM-N950U using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Marshall basketball accepts a CIT bid, will host... - TOPSTRAIGHT - 03-07-2018 06:21 PM

Conditional acceptance should have been in private.Also make the deal only for Tues. or Wed..

RE: Marshall basketball accepts a CIT bid, will host... - goherd24herdfans - 03-07-2018 06:40 PM

Marshall has fans that will buy tickets, have to give fans time and notify them so they can make plans. Nothing wrong with it. Isn't going to change these guys motivation. Looking forward to Fridays showdown with empty sue

RE: Marshall basketball accepts a CIT bid, will host... - WKUFan518 - 03-07-2018 10:23 PM

(03-07-2018 06:18 PM)ODUMONARCHZ1 Wrote:  
(03-07-2018 06:07 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  You guys must not be paying attention to NIT bids lately...No way Marshall gets NIT bid, other way CUSA gets NIT bid is if A. MTSU loses and B. WKU makes finals, other then those scenarios happening we will have 0 teams in NIT...THey have to make sure every power conference team .500 or above is invited plus a lot of number 1 seeds are losing in these conf. tournaments that take up NIT bids....

I dont see ODU making it to NIT even if they make the finals and lose....WKU only school besides MTSU with high enough RPI to be considered by NIT.....

RE: Marshall basketball accepts a CIT bid, will host... - Cyniclone - 03-07-2018 10:36 PM

(03-07-2018 10:23 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  

I dont see ODU making it to NIT even if they make the finals and lose....WKU only school besides MTSU with high enough RPI to be considered by NIT.....

Colorado was a 106 last season and Ga. Tech a 99 and they got in. Among mid-majors, Richmond was an 80 and Fresno State a 76. Obviously it depends on how many bid stealers there are and for sure if ODU loses its opener they're probably boned, but there's no reason to think they won't be in the mix if they make the semis and a lock if they make the finals.

The NIT bracketologies (they exist!) have ODU in the 4-6 seed range, so solid but not sure yet.

RE: Marshall basketball accepts a CIT bid, will host... - Warhawkman - 03-07-2018 10:53 PM

The NIT is going to be a joke this year anyways. Have any of y'all seen the proposed rule changes? The NCAA is trying to ruin this tournament. I'd almost rather play the CIT since they'll be still playing college basketball rules. However, the NIT is more exposure.

RE: Marshall basketball accepts a CIT bid, will host... - Memphis Blazer - 03-08-2018 12:38 AM

(03-07-2018 10:53 PM)Warhawkman Wrote:  The NIT is going to be a joke this year anyways. Have any of y'all seen the proposed rule changes? The NCAA is trying to ruin this tournament. I'd almost rather play the CIT since they'll be still playing college basketball rules. However, the NIT is more exposure.

NCAA has used the NIT for experimentation for at least two or three years. Not that big a deal. Better they try them out before throwing them into regulation games.

RE: Marshall basketball accepts a CIT bid, will host... - Memphis Blazer - 03-08-2018 12:40 AM

I agree. The only non power conferences that usually make the NIT are teams that win the regular season and lose in the tournament. The NIT at larges almost exclusively go to p5 conferences now.

RE: Marshall basketball accepts a CIT bid, will host... - monarx - 03-08-2018 10:16 AM

(03-07-2018 11:04 AM)CoachMaclid Wrote:  D’antoni announced a week ago that we’d accept a bid to any postseason tournament this year for experience as we have the entire team expected to return next year. Also mentioned they would look to “buy” home games until the semifinals (depending on ticket sales?). I think this is to give the athletic department a week to sell tickets for a game that -barring us winning the conference tournament this week - we’re destined to play in.

I totally agree with the reasoning, I just think he should have waited until you guys are out of Frisco to announce it.

RE: Marshall basketball accepts a CIT bid, will host... - demiveeman - 03-08-2018 02:31 PM

(03-07-2018 10:53 PM)Warhawkman Wrote:  The NIT is going to be a joke this year anyways. Have any of y'all seen the proposed rule changes?

I have seen them...and I happen to like most of them.

RE: Marshall basketball accepts a CIT bid, will host... - odu09 - 03-08-2018 02:32 PM

Yeah I like the new 3 point line and the 20 second shot clock reset on offensive rebounds. Can't recall the rest

RE: Marshall basketball accepts a CIT bid, will host... - demiveeman - 03-08-2018 04:13 PM

(03-08-2018 02:32 PM)odu09 Wrote:  Yeah I like the new 3 point line and the 20 second shot clock reset on offensive rebounds. Can't recall the rest

Quarters instead of 2 halves.

RE: Marshall basketball accepts a CIT bid, will host... - Cyniclone - 03-08-2018 04:31 PM

(03-08-2018 04:13 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  
(03-08-2018 02:32 PM)odu09 Wrote:  Yeah I like the new 3 point line and the 20 second shot clock reset on offensive rebounds. Can't recall the rest

Quarters instead of 2 halves.

And wider lanes.

Like the 3-point line and quarters, don't like the 20-second offensive rebound reset, and unsure about the wider lane so I support testing it at least.

RE: Marshall basketball accepts a CIT bid, will host... - odu09 - 03-08-2018 04:35 PM

Still wish they would do something about the charge/block rule. I think it needs a rework

RE: Marshall basketball accepts a CIT bid, will host... - monarx - 03-08-2018 07:40 PM

I don't know about that. I think ODU might already have done enough for the NIT, but if they win tonight against LT I would imagine they'd be close to a lock. This Monarch fan will be very disappointed with a C-level tournament. In fact, I'd just as soon turn it down if that happens.

RE: Marshall basketball accepts a CIT bid, will host... - demiveeman - 03-08-2018 07:52 PM

(03-08-2018 07:40 PM)monarx Wrote:  

I don't know about that. I think ODU might already have done enough for the NIT, but if they win tonight against LT I would imagine they'd be close to a lock. This Monarch fan will be very disappointed with a C-level tournament. In fact, I'd just as soon turn it down if that happens.

You are going to be very disappointed.

RE: Marshall basketball accepts a CIT bid, will host... - CoachMaclid - 03-10-2018 11:26 PM

Anyone want our spot in the CIT? The Monday 6:30 game on CBS Sports Network just opened up.

RE: Marshall basketball accepts a CIT bid, will host... - rileylives - 03-10-2018 11:29 PM

(03-10-2018 11:26 PM)CoachMaclid Wrote:  Anyone want our spot in the CIT? The Monday 6:30 game on CBS Sports Network just opened up.

They usually say playing in these tournaments helps prepare you for the real tournament. But damn, that was fast. I'll never question our athletic deptartment again.

RE: Marshall basketball accepts a CIT bid, will host... - CoachMaclid - 03-10-2018 11:39 PM

(03-10-2018 11:29 PM)rileylives Wrote:  I'll never question our athletic deptartment again.

The same group that hired Tom Herrion. Are you sure you can make that leap?