CSNbbs
Dear Judy, Sorry, for those that just want to complain - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Dear Judy, Sorry, for those that just want to complain (/thread-844951.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Dear Judy, Sorry, for those that just want to complain - WKUYG - 03-09-2018 01:16 AM

There a lot of them so if you read this board just toss all emails about the CUSA tourney......

in every way this has been a homerun by those that I talked to at the tourney on Thursday.

If your team is running away with the game and the other going on is close at the end. You can watch both from the behind the basket stands

If a fan wants to stand 10 ft from the court at court level and watch. No one was asking you to take a seat. Very simple to go from game to game with a 20 second walk

This clowns are calling it small time but nothing I saw was small time. Well other than a few of the fanbases not supporting their team....Tech and ODU had 200 fans between them....125 to 75. Well they had a band.

Is it really that much harder getting to Dallas from Northfork than Huntington WV? Way to show out Marshall fans. I believe it would go Western, Marshall and Middle and maybe a 100 or so from top to bottom.

Like I said many times....you start seeing the same faces each year. Western, Middle and Marshall will show up if its played Cali.

This beat B;ham by miles in every way.....

we dont need a 14k arena, not a 12k nor, 8k this is the prefect size for all of our small time fans. Haven't had the chance t see it on TV but in person the setup looks great. Yes you can hear the band or other noises from the other court...muffled noise. Not once was it a problen

We had some really good games. Those S. Miss kids was not leaving that arena as a loser. As I said if you wanted to you could stand right by the end of the court. Those that went tp Hot Springs know what I;m talking about. So ypou get to see and hear the emotion in these kids.

I dont know if the attendance numbers are the same as b'ham or lower for these early round games. I know they look a lot better.

One last thing....those seats behind the basket are not to bad. A lot of people watched from there then moved down when their team played

I have zero complaints and heard none...Im sure someone didnt like it .

RE: Dear Judy, Sorry, for those that just want to complain - ODUMONARCHZ1 - 03-09-2018 01:34 AM

One its Norfolk , how you butchered that idk.lok Two I don't expect many odu fans will ever travel to anything west of the Mississippi. Especially not the first game.

Sent from my SM-N950U using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Dear Judy, Sorry, for those that just want to complain - Memphis Blazer - 03-09-2018 01:40 AM

You can sit as close to the court because no one is there 03-lmfao This tournament is an total failure. At one point in the WKU UAB game, all the players stopped because of a whistle on the other court.

Spin it all you like. This is a black eye CUSA won't recover from.

RE: Dear Judy, Sorry, for those that just want to complain - WKUYG - 03-09-2018 01:49 AM

(03-09-2018 01:34 AM)ODUMONARCHZ1 Wrote:  One its Norfolk , how you butchered that idk.lok Two I don't expect many odu fans will ever travel to anything west of the Mississippi. Especially not the first game.

Sent from my SM-N950U using CSNbbs mobile app

Stop bitching....there's always some excuse and it cant be any harder than it is for Marshall fans. Western has many many many of the fans....if it was here I would go
No they wouldn't...

RE: Dear Judy, Sorry, for those that just want to complain - WKUYG - 03-09-2018 01:56 AM

(03-09-2018 01:40 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  You can sit as close to the court because no one is there 03-lmfao This tournament is an total failure. At one point in the WKU UAB game, all the players stopped because of a whistle on the other court.

UAB ran the tourney in a totally wrong direction...I even brought it up on this board because all the seats were reserved. GA seating is the only way you run a tourney...that way fans can sit behind their team. UAB was giving the section right behind Western's bench and Western fans across the arena.

Who told you that is lying there was no stopping of play because of the other court. BTW nice UAB crowd...all 70 of them. If that counting your band

RE: Dear Judy, Sorry, for those that just want to complain - Saint Greg - 03-09-2018 02:13 AM

(03-09-2018 01:56 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(03-09-2018 01:40 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  You can sit as close to the court because no one is there 03-lmfao This tournament is an total failure. At one point in the WKU UAB game, all the players stopped because of a whistle on the other court.

UAB ran the tourney in a totally wrong direction...I even brought it up on this board because all the seats were reserved. GA seating is the only way you run a tourney...that way fans can sit behind their team. UAB was giving the section right behind Western's bench and Western fans across the arena.

Who told you that is lying there was no stopping of play because of the other court. BTW nice UAB crowd...all 70 of them. If that counting your band

I had games where UAB fans were trying to sit in my seats.

RE: Dear Judy, Sorry, for those that just want to complain - Memphis Blazer - 03-09-2018 02:24 AM

(03-09-2018 01:56 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  

I saw it happen and the announcers commented on it dummy. Happened in the first half.

RE: Dear Judy, Sorry, for those that just want to complain - stinkfist - 03-09-2018 02:46 AM

if you say so.....that's your right....

I put it in Nashville every year and don't think twice about it.....

RE: Dear Judy, Sorry, for those that just want to complain - 12thmonarch - 03-09-2018 04:17 AM

(03-09-2018 01:16 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  There a lot of them so if you read this board just toss all emails about the CUSA tourney......

in every way this has been a homerun by those that I talked to at the tourney on Thursday.

If your team is running away with the game and the other going on is close at the end. You can watch both from the behind the basket stands

If a fan wants to stand 10 ft from the court at court level and watch. No one was asking you to take a seat. Very simple to go from game to game with a 20 second walk

This clowns are calling it small time but nothing I saw was small time. Well other than a few of the fanbases not supporting their team....Tech and ODU had 200 fans between them....125 to 75. Well they had a band.

Is it really that much harder getting to Dallas from Northfork than Huntington WV? Way to show out Marshall fans. I believe it would go Western, Marshall and Middle and maybe a 100 or so from top to bottom.

Like I said many times....you start seeing the same faces each year. Western, Middle and Marshall will show up if its played Cali.

This beat B;ham by miles in every way.....

we dont need a 14k arena, not a 12k nor, 8k this is the prefect size for all of our small time fans. Haven't had the chance t see it on TV but in person the setup looks great. Yes you can hear the band or other noises from the other court...muffled noise. Not once was it a problen

We had some really good games. Those S. Miss kids was not leaving that arena as a loser. As I said if you wanted to you could stand right by the end of the court. Those that went tp Hot Springs know what I;m talking about. So ypou get to see and hear the emotion in these kids.

I dont know if the attendance numbers are the same as b'ham or lower for these early round games. I know they look a lot better.

One last thing....those seats behind the basket are not to bad. A lot of people watched from there then moved down when their team played

I have zero complaints and heard none...Im sure someone didnt like it .

A WKU Fan taking shots at attendance is irony. You seeing more fans from WKU, EmptySue and Marshall isn't a surprise since you guys are having a decent year after and have a new coach which brings excitement. Middle is obviously playing phenomenal Basketball for the last 3 years and Marshall is playing decent ball too. On the contrary we are stuck in mediocrity for the last three years and yet to witness a big win and i know there are some hardcore Monarchs already there but you won't see many until at least the final that is if we make it there. Again this curtain separated clown show is a joke and doesn't have anything with Frisco hosting this. You can apologize all you want but i want this Joker Judy gone ASAP. Since you are liking the setup, take it in as much as you can and enjoy i guess.

RE: Dear Judy, Sorry, for those that just want to complain - MUsince96 - 03-09-2018 07:51 AM

You typed that out in the wrong place.

Try sending to jmacleod@c-usa.org

She'll see it now.

RE: Dear Judy, Sorry, for those that just want to complain - TheChosenOne - 03-09-2018 01:35 PM

(03-09-2018 02:46 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  if you say so.....that's your right....

I put it in Nashville every year and don't think twice about it.....

BOOM—- central location—— visitors destination— attendance uptick. So naw, doubt will happen.

RE: Dear Judy, Sorry, for those that just want to complain - ThreeifbyLightning - 03-09-2018 01:43 PM

Bottom line is most fans aren't going to travel unless its driving distance.

I've got the Rhode Island - VCU game on right. It's middle of the day on a Friday but is well attended. Certainly with both ODU and RIU only being a few hours from DC there are more fans there from the schools than we tend to see in the C-USA tournament particularly for those that have to fly to get there.

But riddle me this Batman. Locals never seem to show up for our tournaments no matter where they are. There are a lot of people attending this game in DC that aren't fans of either schools. Perhaps maybe that goes to the fact that for the cultures in most of our communities football is king whereas basketball is important here in DC. Maybe that's the difference? I don't know. But all I know is you combine the far flung league that 90% of the teams have to fly to to get to plus the other things I mentioned and it just doesn't work no matter where you put it.

We need some consolidation of this league. The current C-USA model simply doesn't work.

RE: Dear Judy, Sorry, for those that just want to complain - mturn017 - 03-09-2018 01:44 PM

I'm glad you're having a good time and it doesn't look too bad on TV but attendance will never be great in Frisco. If ODU sent an extra 100-150 fans to match the mighty road warriors of WKU, MT and Marshall would that have tipped the scale?

RE: Dear Judy, Sorry, for those that just want to complain - ThreeifbyLightning - 03-09-2018 01:46 PM

BTW, this RI/VCU game #1 vs. #8 is playing out just like the MT/USM game.

RI in danger of going down in the quarters.

Difference is VCU isn't ridiculously unconscious from three like USM was, so RI probably pulls this out.

RE: Dear Judy, Sorry, for those that just want to complain - odu09 - 03-09-2018 02:01 PM

(03-09-2018 01:16 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  Is it really that much harder getting to Dallas from Northfork than Huntington WV?

First of all I hope you misspelled it on purpose, if so then I dig the jab.

Second of all, do you not realize Huntington WV is about 5-6 hours and 400 miles closer to Dallas than Norfolk is? I am not here to make excuses but to think we are that close is kind of an oversight.

RE: Dear Judy, Sorry, for those that just want to complain - dahbeed - 03-09-2018 02:06 PM

(03-09-2018 02:01 PM)odu09 Wrote:  
(03-09-2018 01:16 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  Is it really that much harder getting to Dallas from Northfork than Huntington WV?

Second of all, do you not realize Huntington WV is about 5-6 hours and 400 miles closer to Dallas than Norfolk is? I am not here to make excuses but to think we are that close is kind of an oversight.

I liked Northfork. Has a deep in the heart of Texasss sound to it. Sounds like a ranch a guy named JR Ewing would end up on.

Besides, not everyone knows that ODU is located in Squidsville USA.

***Little known fact: Norfolk VA has a higher rate of reported (and unreported) buggery than anywhere else in the US.

RE: Dear Judy, Sorry, for those that just want to complain - CoachMaclid - 03-09-2018 02:22 PM

(03-09-2018 02:06 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  ***Little known fact: Norfolk VA has a higher rate of reported (and unreported) buggery than anywhere else in the US.

How can one prove reports on unreported incidents?

Dear Judy, Sorry, for those that just want to complain - owl at the moon - 03-09-2018 02:27 PM

(03-09-2018 02:22 PM)CoachMaclid Wrote:  
(03-09-2018 02:06 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  ***Little known fact: Norfolk VA has a higher rate of reported (and unreported) buggery than anywhere else in the US.

That’s why it’s so little-known...

RE: Dear Judy, Sorry, for those that just want to complain - dahbeed - 03-09-2018 02:33 PM

(03-09-2018 02:22 PM)CoachMaclid Wrote:  

Well, if you look closely I preceded the little known fact with 3 asterisks which certainly denotes importance/truthfulness. Then I stated it was a fact. This is the internet. I’m allowed to do that with zero references. I also used a colon. That’s a serious punctuation mark amigo.

The unreported accounts of buggery come out of the former don’t ask/don’t tell policy of the USN.

RE: Dear Judy, Sorry, for those that just want to complain - mturn017 - 03-09-2018 02:33 PM

(03-09-2018 02:06 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  
(03-09-2018 02:01 PM)odu09 Wrote:  

I liked Northfork. Has a deep in the heart of Texasss sound to it. Sounds like a ranch a guy named JR Ewing would end up on.

Besides, not everyone knows that ODU is located in Squidsville USA.

***Little known fact: Norfolk VA has a higher rate of reported (and unreported) buggery than anywhere else in the US.

At least it's buggery between two humans