CSNbbs
Anyone like C-USA's conference tournament setup? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: Anyone like C-USA's conference tournament setup? (/thread-845093.html)

Anyone like C-USA's conference tournament setup? - C2__ - 03-10-2018 03:43 AM

I really like it, though I'm in the minority. Many C-USA fans hate it. What say you?

Anyone like C-USA's conference tournament setup? - Huskypride - 03-10-2018 07:25 AM

(03-10-2018 03:43 AM)_C2_ Wrote:  I really like it, though I'm in the minority. Many C-USA fans hate it. What say you?

IMO if it were the big west or NEC i would be in support. But the CUSA is a large enough conference were they should be having there tournament or at least semis and finals in a large nba arena.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Anyone like C-USA's conference tournament setup? - zibby - 03-10-2018 07:31 AM

Why does it look so weird on TV?

RE: Anyone like C-USA's conference tournament setup? - C2__ - 03-10-2018 07:34 AM

(03-10-2018 07:25 AM)Huskypride Wrote:  
(03-10-2018 03:43 AM)_C2_ Wrote:  I really like it, though I'm in the minority. Many C-USA fans hate it. What say you?

IMO if it were the big west or NEC i would be in support. But the CUSA is a large enough conference were they should be having there tournament or at least semis and finals in a large nba arena.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it could be hosted at a 10k arena.

RE: Anyone like C-USA's conference tournament setup? - Niner National - 03-10-2018 09:59 AM

I think it would have looked better if they used the permanent seating as one side, temp bleachers on the other, and two sets of small temporary bleachers behind the baskets.

Do the same on the other side, but diagonally across the arena so there is more space between the courts.

RE: Anyone like C-USA's conference tournament setup? - Renandpat - 03-10-2018 10:25 AM

Follow the money

RE: Anyone like C-USA's conference tournament setup? - MWC Tex - 03-10-2018 10:27 AM

I think the concept was interesting but maybe needs better execution. I can see how it could save time and money.

RE: Anyone like C-USA's conference tournament setup? - arkstfan - 03-10-2018 10:27 AM

The idea is great. The execution sucks. Supposedly there have been instances of play stopping on the wrong court in reaction to a whistle.

Sun Belt used a similar format when the tournament was in Hot Springs. The venue there was a 5500 seat arena attached to a convention center. The second court was in the convention center and you could wander back and forth but they were completely sound and sight isolated from each other.

I enjoyed it as a fan. Waiting for AState to play I could watch one game for a bit and go to the other court easily to catch the other game.

100% behind the concept but only if the courts can be sound isolated from each other.

RE: Anyone like C-USA's conference tournament setup? - C2__ - 03-10-2018 02:43 PM

(03-10-2018 10:27 AM)MWC Tex Wrote:  I think the concept was interesting but maybe needs better execution. I can see how it could save time and money.

But also sessions. Instead of 6 total sessions, they only have 4 or one per day for both men and the women. And since it was done at the same venue, they didn't have to rent out two different arenas. Cost effective and nifty I think. They expected small crowds for each team but just in case had the regular permanent seating for spillover. And if anyone wanted to watch both games, they could sit on the curtain line.

It may not have been perfectly executed but I loved the idea and ingenuity.

RE: Anyone like C-USA's conference tournament setup? - NoDak - 03-10-2018 02:50 PM

The M&W Big Sky tournament in Reno runs 6 days because of only one court. That is time an average fan can not get away, and Reno is not appropriate travel for most fan bases. Next year it heads to Boise.

RE: Anyone like C-USA's conference tournament setup? - C2__ - 03-10-2018 03:06 PM

How is there only one court?

RE: Anyone like C-USA's conference tournament setup? - IWokeUpLikeThis - 03-10-2018 03:07 PM

Running these mid major women’s tournaments at neutral sites with nobody but families watching must be a huge money loss.