CSNbbs
For serious? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+----- Forum: CUSA Smack Talk (/forum-450.html)
+----- Thread: For serious? (/thread-845096.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

For serious? - 2mean - 03-10-2018 07:36 AM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/03/09/western-kentucky-coach-calls-tv-reporter-honey-during-postgame-interview/?utm_term=.5c38c4bc7cfb

RE: For serious? - wkuhilltopperfan - 03-10-2018 08:13 AM

(03-10-2018 07:36 AM)2mean Wrote:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/03/09/western-kentucky-coach-calls-tv-reporter-honey-during-postgame-interview/?utm_term=.5c38c4bc7cfb

Yep. Blown way out of proportion.

RE: For serious? - dahbeed - 03-10-2018 08:18 AM

(03-10-2018 07:36 AM)2mean Wrote:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/03/09/western-kentucky-coach-calls-tv-reporter-honey-during-postgame-interview/?utm_term=.5c38c4bc7cfb

Holy **** the white knights are on their high horses!

This is NOT Stansbury ‘Harvey Weinsteining’ some poor little wannabe. If being called ‘honey’ is the worst thing that happens to you in your job, life, hobby, etc... then you’re still showing up in the plus column in life.

I don’t know about the rest of the south but I get honeyed every time I’m checking out from the local convenience store, usually by some young 20 something that’s half my age. Now I’d love to believe that the Beed Kavorka is just still that damn strong. (It is tbh.) But the God’s honest truth is it’s a word that gets said all day long in the Commonwealth. I’m sure it could be used with malice but I’ve never seen it happen.

She’s lucky he didn’t call her Sugar Booger or some other Kentuckyism/Southernism. I completely get the ‘me too’ movement. Go get ‘em gals (lol). I’m just a little wishy-washy on whether this story deserves national attention.

I’ve watched a ton of Stansbury’s interviews the last two years. He loves playing this southern good ole boy routine. He and I are the same age. Product of the same generation. We have our problems. I don’t see this one high on the list.

But y’all go ahead and let me know if it bothers you hon.

RE: For serious? - Dawgxas - 03-10-2018 08:22 AM

This is going to pick up steam today in the media, with all the tourneys going on.

Stansbury better get in front of this quick. Honest mistake on his part

RE: For serious? - ThreeifbyLightning - 03-10-2018 08:26 AM

Problem for Stans in this instance probably isn't just the use of the word as much as it is the context he used it. It was clear he thought it was a dumb question and was irritated by it as if the female reporter didn't know anything about basketball. So, the use of the word - by itself - probably wouldn't have merited this type of attention. Doing it in such a condescending way? I'll just say good luck to him with that.

RE: For serious? - webster - 03-10-2018 08:32 AM

This is a non-story and just liberals grasping for something, anything, to whine about. These people make me sick. If I was him, I’d just laugh and not give someone the time of day if asked about this.

RE: For serious? - AdoptedMonarch - 03-10-2018 08:35 AM

Complete nonsense.

But since we're going to make an issue of it anyway, the penalty should definitely be forfeiture of his last game.

See you in the finals after all, Herd!

RE: For serious? - Dawgxas - 03-10-2018 08:36 AM

I agree. But coaches give condescending answers to male reporters questions all the time, you just have to be all business with females reporters.
Just tweet her a sincere apology, admit it was mistake after an emotional win.

RE: For serious? - nastybunch - 03-10-2018 08:40 AM

Nothing there...Next!

RE: For serious? - dahbeed - 03-10-2018 08:42 AM

(03-10-2018 08:26 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Problem for Stans in this instance probably isn't just the use of the word as much as it is the context he used it. It was clear he thought it was a dumb question and was irritated by it as if the female reporter didn't know anything about basketball. So, the use of the word - by itself - probably wouldn't have merited this type of attention. Doing it in such a condescending way? I'll just say good luck to him with that.

If you think that was condescending you haven’t watched too many Stans interviews. He’s made me cringe more than once messing with the local reporters when they ask him some innocuous question. Of course he knows all of these guys and it’s like a bunch of men busting chops amongst themselves.

I’ll let you white knights fuel this one. I’m more worried about limiting the King of Flop tonight. I guess this could turn into a big story with what passes for news/controversy these days.

I’m pretty sure this isn’t the first time I’ve ever heard him drop ‘honey’ on a female interviewer this year. I can’t source another time but my gut says I’ve heard it before.

RE: For serious? - dahbeed - 03-10-2018 08:44 AM

(03-10-2018 08:35 AM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  Complete nonsense.

But since we're going to make an issue of it anyway, the penalty should definitely be forfeiture of his last game.

See you in the finals after all, Herd!

Lol. Touché.

I say make him wear a T-Shirt/Blazer combo like DD at tonight’s game. That’d probably sting Pretty Boy Rick worse than apologizing.

RE: For serious? - herdfifteen - 03-10-2018 08:48 AM

(03-10-2018 08:40 AM)nastybunch Wrote:  Nothing there...Next!
What a joke, someone needs to get a life.

RE: For serious? - usmbacker - 03-10-2018 08:49 AM

Nothing burger at its finest. Snowflakes being offended is always worth a good laugh though.

RE: For serious? - Hilltopper2K - 03-10-2018 08:51 AM

It's Stadium. With any luck the video froze and nobody saw it.

RE: For serious? - ODUODUODU - 03-10-2018 09:00 AM

I 'm careful not to address any females other than my wife in that manner. I probably slip up occasionally. Have a little mercy.

Hopefully, the Washington Post is not reading this....

RE: For serious? - Jack Bauer - 03-10-2018 09:06 AM

I'm called honey all the time. It's a southern thing. I mean if we want everything to be equal why have women's college basketball. Let them try and compete with the men's teams since we are all equal. This day and age stuff is going more and more out of control.

RE: For serious? - stinkfist - 03-10-2018 09:10 AM

safe space cis=wtfe idiots....

that's the WAPO for ya.....

#fknmorons

RE: For serious? - Surbadger - 03-10-2018 09:41 AM

This is simply idiotic. He meant nothing by it. When did Honey become some derogatory term?

RE: For serious? - ghostofclt - 03-10-2018 09:50 AM

clt is going to his safe space to process this.

RE: For serious? - Niner National - 03-10-2018 09:54 AM

Servers call me (and probably countless others) honey all the time. No outrage there.