CSNbbs
Brackets - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: Brackets (/thread-845205.html)

Brackets - stever20 - 03-11-2018 02:35 AM

So saw ESPN's Joe Lunardi asking a question. Will Virginia with the #1 overall seed choose to go to Charlotte or Pittsburgh? I could see them going to Pittsburgh to open up Charlotte for their conference mates Duke and North Carolina. Not that big of a deal one would think for Virginia.

would make the pods for top 2 seeds-
South(Atlanta Regional)- Virginia (Pittsburgh), Cincy(Nashville)
West(Los Angeles Regional- Xavier(Detroit), North Carolina(Charlotte)
East(Boston Regional)- Villanova(Pittsburgh), Duke(Charlotte)
Midwest(Omaha Regional)- Kansas(Wichita), Purdue(Detroit)

you'd have 3 sites totally full, and then Nashville and Wichita would have 1 spot open. San Diego, Dallas, and Boise would have 2 slots open for the 3/4's. You figure Tennessee will get the 2nd Nashville slot. Michigan, Michigan St and Auburn get the other 3- say MSU to Wichita and Michigan and Auburn to Dallas. That would leave San Diego and Boise for the 4 seeds.

RE: Brackets - IWokeUpLikeThis - 03-11-2018 04:41 AM

Do you think the last couple games played Sunday even matter for seeding purposes? Or are the brackets finished at that point (with a contingency for a bid stealer)?

RE: Brackets - Hokie Mark - 03-11-2018 04:50 AM

(03-11-2018 02:35 AM)stever20 Wrote:  Will Virginia with the #1 overall seed choose to go to Charlotte or Pittsburgh? I could see them going to Pittsburgh to open up Charlotte for their conference mates Duke and North Carolina. Not that big of a deal one would think for Virginia.

One of UVA's biggest rivals is UNC. I don't think they would take a hit just to help out the Tar Heels.

That said, I think this depends on which of these distances UVA considers more important:

Charlottesville, VA... to Charlotte, NC: 272.1 mi (4 h 17 m)
......................to Pittsburgh, PA: 317.5 mi (5 hours)

Washington, DC........ to Charlotte, NC: 400.1 mi (5 h 51 m)
......................to Pittsburgh, PA: 245.2 mi (3 h 50 m)

Charlottesville has the students, but Washington is an important area for alumni.

RE: Brackets - bullet - 03-11-2018 12:06 PM

(03-11-2018 04:41 AM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  Do you think the last couple games played Sunday even matter for seeding purposes? Or are the brackets finished at that point (with a contingency for a bid stealer)?

Cincinnati plays Houston. That could scramble seedings.

Davidson might steal a bid if they beat Rhode Island. Probably out if they lose. Doubt the SEC, Sun Belt or Ivy games make any difference in seeding.

RE: Brackets - msm96wolf - 03-11-2018 12:17 PM

(03-11-2018 12:06 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(03-11-2018 04:41 AM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  Do you think the last couple games played Sunday even matter for seeding purposes? Or are the brackets finished at that point (with a contingency for a bid stealer)?

Davidson might steal a bid if they beat Rhode Island. Probably out if they lose. Doubt the SEC, Sun Belt or Ivy games make any difference in seeding.

Actually I agree with Bilas. UT vs KY will be the scramble game. UT wins, they probably bump Cinci down to a 3 seed. In his words "Winning the SEC is more impressive than winning the AAC"

RE: Brackets - C2__ - 03-11-2018 01:49 PM

(03-11-2018 12:06 PM)bullet Wrote:  

The brackets are already been built, they just have contingency plans for the scenarios that could happen leading up to the Selection Show. They probably have at least five different brackets set based on the results of today's games.

I wonder if Davidson-Rhode Island went into 9 OT's if they'd delay revealing the brackets. Or if Memphis made it yesterday if they'd delay it should they go into a few OT's.

RE: Brackets - IWokeUpLikeThis - 03-11-2018 02:15 PM

Davidson steals a win.

Bonnies best wins:
Rhode Island
@ Syrcause
Maryland
@ Buffalo

Saint Mary’s best wins:
@ Gonzaga
New Mexico State
@ BYU
BYU

SMC has 2 Q3 & 0 Q4 L’s. Bonnies have 2 Q3 & 1 Q4.