CSNbbs
Maybe the Cards should hire the UMBC coach .... yikes. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: Maybe the Cards should hire the UMBC coach .... yikes. (/thread-845889.html)

Maybe the Cards should hire the UMBC coach .... yikes. - Pervis_Griffith - 03-16-2018 10:32 PM

We can't beat UVA with Pitino or Padgett.

Maybe we should hire this UMBC coach. He's having no problem with the Cavs.

RE: Maybe the Cards should hire the UMBC coach .... yikes. - XLance - 03-17-2018 06:25 AM

(03-16-2018 10:32 PM)Pervis_Griffith Wrote:  We can't beat UVA with Pitino or Padgett.

Maybe we should hire this UMBC coach. He's having no problem with the Cavs.

Odom has good bloodlines. His father Dave coached at East Carolina, was an an assistant at UVa during Terry Holland's glory years and was very successful at Wake Forest.

RE: Maybe the Cards should hire the UMBC coach .... yikes. - TerpsNPhoenix - 03-17-2018 06:34 AM

I think there is going to be a line to speak to him after the season. There is a segment of the Maryland fanbase that has been advocating for them fire Mark Turgeon. Saw on quite a few boards that Terps should hire coach Odom. While I think its unlikely for Maryland to do that I absolutely wish coach Odom the best. He should have a great offseason. He's likely to either get a new job or a raise from UMBC.

RE: Maybe the Cards should hire the UMBC coach .... yikes. - NJ2MDTerp - 03-17-2018 08:02 PM

(03-17-2018 06:34 AM)TerpsNPhoenix Wrote:  I think there is going to be a line to speak to him after the season. There is a segment of the Maryland fanbase that has been advocating for them fire Mark Turgeon. Saw on quite a few boards that Terps should hire coach Odom. While I think its unlikely for Maryland to do that I absolutely wish coach Odom the best. He should have a great offseason. He's likely to either get a new job or a raise from UMBC.

I highly doubt UMBC will give Ryan Odom a competitive counter-offer. The guy who runs UMBC, Freeman Hrabowski, doesn't appear to be a sports fan, He does, however, love chess, if you can call it a sport. 03-puke