CSNbbs
Texas Tech - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: Northeastern (/forum-687.html)
+----- Thread: Texas Tech (/thread-846362.html)

Texas Tech - SomebodyToLove - 03-21-2018 06:26 PM

NU baseball going to Lubbock this weekend and have been looking good overall. Still early, but #8 RPI in the country. Tech is a good team, would be very nice to see the Huskies get a win or two.

So I don't know a lot about the baseball team, but I just so happen to be in Lubbock for this series, and I'd like to go to a game or two. I'd really like to see Sean Mellen pitch. wiz, any idea on when we will see him this weekend? He pitched Monday so I'd imagine it wouldn't be until Saturday. Of course, the 2nd game of the DH Saturday is during the hockey game so I won't be attending that one.

Go Huskies

RE: Texas Tech - geewizNU - 03-21-2018 08:10 PM

(03-21-2018 06:26 PM)SomebodyToLove Wrote:  NU baseball going to Lubbock this weekend and have been looking good overall. Still early, but #8 RPI in the country. Tech is a good team, would be very nice to see the Huskies get a win or two.

So I don't know a lot about the baseball team, but I just so happen to be in Lubbock for this series, and I'd like to go to a game or two. I'd really like to see Sean Mellen pitch. wiz, any idea on when we will see him this weekend? He pitched Monday so I'd imagine it wouldn't be until Saturday. Of course, the 2nd game of the DH Saturday is during the hockey game so I won't be attending that one.

Go Huskies

I normally check out their Twitter page @GoNubaseball the night before or the morning of the first game to see who the series starters are. It will likely be Tyler Brown since he’s the only weekend starter who didn’t pitch the last few days.

But I wouldn’t rule out Mellen on 4 days rest either.

RE: Texas Tech - geewizNU - 03-22-2018 07:07 PM

NU rotation vs Texas Tech ...

Friday: RHP Tyler Brown

Saturday Game 1: RHP Brian Christian

Game 2: TBA

Sunday: Sean Mellen

RE: Texas Tech - SomebodyToLove - 03-23-2018 06:39 PM

At the game tonight. They like to shoot their guns here

RE: Texas Tech - SomebodyToLove - 03-23-2018 06:40 PM

Also this is a legit baseball program. $15 tickets and lots of people here

RE: Texas Tech - SomebodyToLove - 03-23-2018 07:23 PM

Shooting ourselves in the foot. Separates great teams from good teams I guess.

Tech scored on a sacred fly after a wild pitch, then on a fly ball we lost in the sun, then on a misplaced by our pitcher fielding a ball that was going foul.

Top it off with leaving men in scoring position on base each inning an it's a rough one. 4-0 bottom 3rd.

RE: Texas Tech - SomebodyToLove - 03-23-2018 09:41 PM

Not a good game

RE: Texas Tech - geewizNU - 03-23-2018 10:22 PM

It’s one game, unfortunately it’s the one you happened to be at.

Still have 3 chances to get a win or 2.

Leaving runner left in scoring position still continues to be an issue for the program, especially against very good teams.