CSNbbs
FAU Fans - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: FAU Fans (/thread-846538.html)

FAU Fans - eagle04 - 03-23-2018 05:39 PM

You guys just have the one camera behind the plate for your live feed?

RE: FAU Fans - BeagleUSM - 03-23-2018 05:43 PM

Welcome to C-USA baseball.

RE: FAU Fans - Yu-Es-Em - 03-23-2018 06:17 PM

You guys know what's up with The Perch? Its not loading for me.

RE: FAU Fans - Yu-Es-Em - 03-23-2018 06:22 PM

My son's high school has a better live stream.

RE: FAU Fans - BeagleUSM - 03-23-2018 06:39 PM

(03-23-2018 06:17 PM)Yu-Es-Em Wrote:  You guys know what's up with The Perch? Its not loading for me.

Works fine for me.

https://csnbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=447

RE: FAU Fans - owlcountry40 - 03-23-2018 08:40 PM

It works for me.

RE: FAU Fans - thefaU - 03-23-2018 09:18 PM

(03-23-2018 05:39 PM)eagle04 Wrote:  You guys just have the one camera behind the plate for your live feed?

Yup. We've been trying to get more funding for baseball for YEARS. Everything has gone to football and now the athletic complex. Coach Mac says he's been working with the administration to invest more in our baseball program (i.e. broadcasting, field upgrades) but I don't expect much to happen any time soon. I understand baseball isn't one of the "revenue sports," but I'd think you'd want to invest more $$ in your most consistent winning program. Sorry for the feed.

RE: FAU Fans - Seminowl - 03-24-2018 04:40 AM

(03-23-2018 09:18 PM)thefaU Wrote:  
(03-23-2018 05:39 PM)eagle04 Wrote:  You guys just have the one camera behind the plate for your live feed?

Yup. We've been trying to get more funding for baseball for YEARS. Everything has gone to football and now the athletic complex. Coach Mac says he's been working with the administration to invest more in our baseball program (i.e. broadcasting, field upgrades) but I don't expect much to happen any time soon. I understand baseball isn't one of the "revenue sports," but I'd think you'd want to invest more $$ in your most consistent winning program. Sorry for the feed.

And they’re going to invest in basketball next. We have been good in baseball for quite a while and it hasn’t done much for recognition. That is exactly why our AD is focusing on football. Isn’t Charlotte good at men’s soccer? If you can’t succeed in football/basketball, people will come after your job. It’s as simple as that.

RE: FAU Fans - eaglenjxn - 03-24-2018 07:25 AM

(03-24-2018 04:40 AM)Seminowl Wrote:  
(03-23-2018 09:18 PM)thefaU Wrote:  

And they’re going to invest in basketball next. We have been good in baseball for quite a while and it hasn’t done much for recognition. That is exactly why our AD is focusing on football. Isn’t Charlotte good at men’s soccer? If you can’t succeed in football/basketball, people will come after your job. It’s as simple as that.

No doubt the right move.

I love college baseball as much as anyone. But if I’m an AD and my department is low on money, baseball isn’t seeing a cent more than they need for basic operations.

RE: FAU Fans - thefaU - 03-24-2018 08:33 AM

(03-24-2018 07:25 AM)eaglenjxn Wrote:  
(03-24-2018 04:40 AM)Seminowl Wrote:  And they’re going to invest in basketball next. We have been good in baseball for quite a while and it hasn’t done much for recognition. That is exactly why our AD is focusing on football. Isn’t Charlotte good at men’s soccer? If you can’t succeed in football/basketball, people will come after your job. It’s as simple as that.

No doubt the right move.

I love college baseball as much as anyone. But if I’m an AD and my department is low on money, baseball isn’t seeing a cent more than they need for basic operations.

Definitely. I'm glad we've been investing so much in athletics; especially the revenue sports. My hope is that in X amount of years, the payoff will also benefit some of the non-revenue sports. It's going to take some time and our programs being as young as they are, we're still building the foundation. And in the meantime, we'll just keep winning with what we've got. I'm looking forward to see our basketball program develop next.