CSNbbs
Elmore, Penava, & Burks all declare for NBA Draft - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Elmore, Penava, & Burks all declare for NBA Draft (/thread-846826.html)

Elmore, Penava, & Burks all declare for NBA Draft - MU ATO - 03-27-2018 12:53 PM

1 NCAA Tourney and these guys have all lost their damn minds. Good luck to them.

RE: Elmore, Penava, & Burks all declare for NBA Draft - ODU_NYG - 03-27-2018 12:54 PM

My guess is that they'll all be back next season.

RE: Elmore, Penava, & Burks all declare for NBA Draft - MT FAN - 03-27-2018 01:00 PM

That's it? The rest of the team didnt want to declare as well. What about Dantoni?

RE: Elmore, Penava, & Burks all declare for NBA Draft - Theflash - 03-27-2018 01:14 PM

Why not? Don’t hire an agent, get evaluated, and go from there.

RE: Elmore, Penava, & Burks all declare for NBA Draft - THUNDERStruck73 - 03-27-2018 01:19 PM

I'm guessing this is nothing more than an evaluation tool for next year. Penava needs to get bigger and stronger as do the rest of them. Elmore got somewhat exposed against WVU in that he didn't handle their pressure very well. Honestly, Burks might be the best prospect of the three.

RE: Elmore, Penava, & Burks all declare for NBA Draft - HerdZoned - 03-27-2018 01:23 PM

(03-27-2018 12:53 PM)MU ATO Wrote:  1 NCAA Tourney and these guys have all lost their damn minds. Good luck to them.

They would have all most likely declared anyway without a CUSA Championship and Tournament win. As long as you don't hire an agent you have a month after the NBA Combine to withdraw their name. I expect all 3 back next year.

Its a win win situation for them with no repercussions. They all get evaluated by NBA scouts get told what they need to work on and can come back to school next year.

RE: Elmore, Penava, & Burks all declare for NBA Draft - odu09 - 03-27-2018 02:16 PM

Good for them. Hope they all return and continue to contribute to Marshall's success

RE: Elmore, Penava, & Burks all declare for NBA Draft - Cyniclone - 03-27-2018 02:26 PM

But now you have to figure out how to go forward with anywhere from 0 to 3 of those guys coming back and unless they pull out quickly (ba-dum-tiss) or immeditately hire agents and remove all doubt, that means recruiting for spots that may or may not be available. I get where they’re coming from and they absolutely should explore all options but it does put their team in a bind.

RE: Elmore, Penava, & Burks all declare for NBA Draft - HerdZoned - 03-27-2018 03:09 PM

There was one last Dan D'Antoni show last night for the season. Dan said that he advised all 3 to enter the draft without an agent. That way each knows what they have to work on.

Not this year but next year I think Elmore could come away with a mid to low 1st round to high 2nd round grade. Penava a high to mid 2nd round grade. Burks is tricky though, I think someone in the next few years may give him a shot but I think he will have to play in the G League or overseas some.

RE: Elmore, Penava, & Burks all declare for NBA Draft - herdfan129 - 03-27-2018 03:17 PM

Honestly, I think DD has encouraged them to do this.

RE: Elmore, Penava, & Burks all declare for NBA Draft - THUNDERStruck73 - 03-27-2018 06:11 PM

(03-27-2018 02:16 PM)odu09 Wrote:  Good for them. Hope they all return and continue to contribute to Marshall's success

Pure class. +2

RE: Elmore, Penava, & Burks all declare for NBA Draft - CoachMaclid - 03-27-2018 07:39 PM

If we can get West and Watson to declare as well as one-and-dones, then we can say that the Minnesota Timberwolves have essentially replaced Marshall in CUSA 2019!

RE: Elmore, Penava, & Burks all declare for NBA Draft - RonBurgundy - 03-27-2018 08:31 PM

Jacobi Boykins did this same thing last year. I think they go and workout for NBA scouts and get advice on what to work on to improve their draft stock. I expect this to be the new norm for any upperclassmen who might be an NBA prospect.

RE: Elmore, Penava, & Burks all declare for NBA Draft - banker - 03-27-2018 09:53 PM

Elmore did it last year too. I think all three are back, but Peneva's game makes him a strong European Pro player right now. Given that is all he may ever reach I could see him heading back across the pond if he's ready to start making money.

I hope he comes back because I really want to see what he can do playing the 3, which is where I believe he'll be next year. That's a matchup problem for most teams.

RE: Elmore, Penava, & Burks all declare for NBA Draft - MUther - 03-28-2018 02:52 AM

(03-27-2018 09:53 PM)banker Wrote:  Elmore did it last year too. I think all three are back, but Peneva's game makes him a strong European Pro player right now. Given that is all he may ever reach I could see him heading back across the pond if he's ready to start making money.

I hope he comes back because I really want to see what he can do playing the 3, which is where I believe he'll be next year. That's a matchup problem for most teams.

Think he'll be a four. Doesn't change much about what you're saying. But I see Cook or Bennet as a 5, alternating, Peneva or Williams at the 4, and George or Watson at the 3, with Burkes, Elmore, and West running the guard positions. Either way be nice to have quality backups at each position and a lot of room to get creative with lineups and still keep everyone fresh. And more importantly, redshirt some freshmen to extend our dynasty.

Dang, after reading that, we are loaded. 10 solid players, all interchangeable. Situationally, I see Penava/Williams on the floor sometimes and Cook/Bennet sometimes together, and of course the three guards together a lot when needed.

RE: Elmore, Penava, & Burks all declare for NBA Draft - ThunderingHerdFan - 05-21-2018 01:49 PM

Update: Burks will return per Herd MBB Instagram account.

Also just updating this thread, Penava signed with an agent to prepare for the 2019 NBA Draft. That one stings.

Nothing official on Jon Elmore yet.

RE: Elmore, Penava, & Burks all declare for NBA Draft - SVHerd - 05-21-2018 04:00 PM

Elmore will be back, no worries.