CSNbbs
Thom Brennamen - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+------ Forum: Chris Tipton Off Topic Forum (/forum-638.html)
+------ Thread: Thom Brennamen (/thread-847500.html)

Thom Brennamen - Romell Shorter - 04-05-2018 07:39 PM

Does anyone like him? He's so critical of the players but he makes so many mistakes.

Ex: Look at Joey Votto choke up way down on that bat. Huh? Choke up down?

RE: Thom Brennamen - InspectorHound - 04-05-2018 10:45 PM

Couldn't help but laugh during a broadcast last week when he went on and on about how horribly mistreated Butch Jones was at Tennessee and how everyone in Cincinnati still loved him.

Life must be good in the Terrace Park bubble.

RE: Thom Brennamen - RealDeal - 04-06-2018 07:09 AM

Definitely not a fan of Thom. I can accept Marty's arrogance because he's been here 40 years and is a Hall of Famer. Thom doesn't get the same pass.

RE: Thom Brennamen - CliftonAve - 04-06-2018 08:09 AM

Thuck Fom Brennamen.

RE: Thom Brennamen - JackieTreehorn - 04-06-2018 08:32 AM

Always found it funny how he seems to assume that Cincinnati sports fans give a fu*k about tO$U.

RE: Thom Brennamen - UCGrad1992 - 04-06-2018 09:13 AM

Who? Dom? Oh, the short dude with the Napoleonic complex. The only thing he has over his dad is he makes more money. Marty forever man...

RE: Thom Brennamen - RealDeal - 04-06-2018 09:13 AM

(04-06-2018 08:32 AM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  Always found it funny how he seems to assume that Cincinnati sports fans give a fu*k about tO$U.
One of the most annoying things I ever heard him say on a Cincinnati Reds broadcast when OSU came up he asked how could anyone not be a fan of OSU? I don't know Thom, considering most of your audience is Greater Cincinnati and OSU is consistently rated as one of the most annoying fanbases there's a large portion of your viewership that hates OSU.

What inspires local pride better than promoting other city's teams?

RE: Thom Brennamen - Billy_Bearcat - 04-06-2018 08:20 PM

He has a big shadow over him in town with his dad. Marty is the best. Thom decided to go national so that’s how he honed his style. Not nearly as big a fan of his, but met him in NYC and dude is one of the most gracious “celebs” I’ve ever met. Can’t say a bad word about him.

RE: Thom Brennamen - cpawstoney - 04-09-2018 04:07 PM

Saw Dan Hoard on one of the early Reds broadcasts. He is such a good announcer be it football, basketball or baseball! Dan takes the time to really learn something about the players so he knows what he actually talking about instead of just making noise to fill the empty air waves.