CSNbbs
Yurtseven to Hoyas - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: Yurtseven to Hoyas (/thread-848184.html)

Yurtseven to Hoyas - ken d - 04-16-2018 01:13 PM

I was mildly surprised to see that Omer Yurtseven is transferring from NC State to Georgetown instead of turning pro. He had improved tremendously from his freshman year at State to his sophomore season. I can only guess that the Hoyas' decision to hire Patrick Ewing influenced the decision of the 7-foot center. He will have two years of eligibility left after sitting out a year.

Any chance that, after being tutored by Ewing for a year in practice, that Yurtseven goes to the NBA before actually playing at Georgetown?

RE: Yurtseven to Hoyas - Wolfman - 04-16-2018 03:12 PM

Is this a situation where you can declare for the draft but if you don't like your place you can go back to college?

He may have some feedback from scouts that he needs more development. If so, I would think he would be better off in the D-league than a practice only situation in college.

RE: Yurtseven to Hoyas - XLance - 04-16-2018 03:13 PM

Omer had improved and seemed to fit into State's new system. What does that say about State's current/future situation?

RE: Yurtseven to Hoyas - ken d - 04-16-2018 03:21 PM

(04-16-2018 03:12 PM)Wolfman Wrote:  Is this a situation where you can declare for the draft but if you don't like your place you can go back to college?

He may have some feedback from scouts that he needs more development. If so, I would think he would be better off in the D-league than a practice only situation in college.

Seems like I recall you are only allowed to test the waters once and still return to college. He did that after his freshman year. But there aren't any rules that I know of that say you can't continue to talk to the pro scouts after they give you their initial assessment. Some of them may have suggested he could learn a lot about playing as a true center by drawing on the experience of one who is in the Hall of Fame.