CSNbbs
Anybody else embarrassed for ucf? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Anybody else embarrassed for ucf? (/thread-848595.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Anybody else embarrassed for ucf? - Eagle in the gym - 04-22-2018 06:22 AM

Hung a banner and gave out rings...they had a great year but it feels like they’ve given themselves participation awards that aren’t real. Not sure if I want to laugh or feel sorry for the decision makers who did this.

RE: Anybody else embarrassed for ucf? - Limebull - 04-22-2018 06:41 AM

Laugh

Anybody else embarrassed for ucf? - owl at the moon - 04-22-2018 07:14 AM

No. I’m embarrassed for the CFP committee and the format which effectively has tried to put every single G5 team on double-secret-probation.
UCF took care of their business. Congratulations to the Champions. And making a big deal about it might give G5 playoff access a chance someday.

RE: Anybody else embarrassed for ucf? - SpaceRaider - 04-22-2018 07:16 AM

(04-22-2018 07:14 AM)owl at the moon Wrote:  No. I’m embarrassed for the CFP committee and the format which effectively has tried to put every single G5 team on double-secret-probation.
UCF took care of their business. Congratulations to the Champions. And making a big deal about it might give G5 playoff access a chance someday.

THIS.

RE: Anybody else embarrassed for ucf? - Saint Greg - 04-22-2018 07:28 AM

I didn’t know they did this...and if I didn’t, neither did most of the country. They’re irrelevant.

RE: Anybody else embarrassed for ucf? - Dawgxas - 04-22-2018 07:32 AM

(04-22-2018 06:22 AM)Eagle in the gym Wrote:  Hung a banner and gave out rings...they had a great year but it feels like they’ve given themselves participation awards that aren’t real. Not sure if I want to laugh or feel sorry for the decision makers who did this.

It’s lame.

Boise State finished 13-0, beat a higher rank team in a BCS bowl and finished higher than UCF in the final AP poll but they didn’t claim to be National Champs.

UCF you are not the only team to go undefeated, you are not champs, never will be, and nobody recognize you as champs besides the UCF community.

Maybe they saw it as marketing ploy to bring attention instead it just made them into laughing stock of college athletics.

RE: Anybody else embarrassed for ucf? - Dawgxas - 04-22-2018 07:34 AM

(04-22-2018 07:28 AM)Saint Greg Wrote:  I didn’t know they did this...and if I didn’t, neither did most of the country. They’re irrelevant.

They’re irrelevant to national media, I didn’t know about the banners and rings but I did know about the AD claiming national champions

RE: Anybody else embarrassed for ucf? - THF Thundering Herd Fan - 04-22-2018 07:50 AM

They beat the team that beat both national finalists head-to-head.

They also beat the team that won the SEC West. Alabama didn’t.

The CFP committee froze them out. Look at the poll movement through the year. It was laughable and they were hit with a glass ceiling that was impossible to break through thanks to the corrupt P5 power brokers.

I say more power to them. I wish Marshall would claim its 1999 National Championship. After all, Marshall won by the same 3 points at Clemson (13-10) that BCS champion Florida State did (17-14) that season.

RE: Anybody else embarrassed for ucf? - ODU2017 - 04-22-2018 07:53 AM

(04-22-2018 07:32 AM)Dawgxas Wrote:  
(04-22-2018 06:22 AM)Eagle in the gym Wrote:  Hung a banner and gave out rings...they had a great year but it feels like they’ve given themselves participation awards that aren’t real. Not sure if I want to laugh or feel sorry for the decision makers who did this.

It’s lame.

Boise State finished 13-0, beat a higher rank team in a BCS bowl and finished higher than UCF in the final AP poll but they didn’t claim to be National Champs.

UCF you are not the only team to go undefeated, you are not champs, never will be, and nobody recognize you as champs besides the UCF community.

Maybe they saw it as marketing ploy to bring attention instead it just made them into laughing stock of college athletics.
Auburn beat both teams that played in the Championship game and UCF beat Auburn.

Sent from my SM-G930F using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Anybody else embarrassed for ucf? - Niner National - 04-22-2018 07:57 AM

(04-22-2018 07:32 AM)Dawgxas Wrote:  

It’s lame.

It was funny when I thought they were just trolling to bring attention to the sham that is the cfp, but the banner and rings are embarrassing imo.

RE: Anybody else embarrassed for ucf? - Dogluva - 04-22-2018 08:03 AM

(04-22-2018 07:14 AM)owl at the moon Wrote:  No. I’m embarrassed for the CFP committee and the format which effectively has tried to put every single G5 team on double-secret-probation.

UCF as an FBS football team did everything that they possibly could to be the best team in FBS. Because they weren't "P5" they were not allowed to prove that and an 'anointed program' was. The system is completely unfair and a monopoly that uses money distribution inequality to control 'amateur athletics'.

I APPLAUD UCF!!!!!

RE: Anybody else embarrassed for ucf? - THF Thundering Herd Fan - 04-22-2018 08:03 AM

I like that they went all in on it. They paid the bonuses, they bought the rings, they hung the banners. It wasn’t some empty proclamation, it was everything they could do.

I bet Nike wouldn’t print National Champions shirts for UCF though since they pay Alabama through the nose and wouldn’t want to anger them.

RE: Anybody else embarrassed for ucf? - CoachMaclid - 04-22-2018 08:11 AM

Why should I feel embarrassed for them? They were National Champions based on the results I saw last year.

I only wished now (as I did then) that Marshall did the same after its undefeated season when Florida State, Marshall, and Virginia Tech all had the exact same margin of victory over their common opponent (Clemson).

RE: Anybody else embarrassed for ucf? - nastybunch - 04-22-2018 08:27 AM

Good deal UCF. We have some so called fans on here of low resource schools that are playing right into the chosen ones’ hands.

RE: Anybody else embarrassed for ucf? - Blue_Trombone - 04-22-2018 08:28 AM

Embarrassed? I absolutely love it. The reactions from fans have been absolutely hilarious.

RE: Anybody else embarrassed for ucf? - jcduncan13 - 04-22-2018 08:35 AM

This. I feel like any of us in this position would be doing the same thing. All the publicity from this, whether positive or negative, has helped the G5.

RE: Anybody else embarrassed for ucf? - cotton1991 - 04-22-2018 09:04 AM

There is no official Ncaa college champion. The college football playoff series is run by the media, not like some "neutral" (yes, I know, biased as it is) Ncaa selection committee for the Ncaa basketball tournament. The CFP is essentially a media invitational. It is no more official than the "mythical" national championship crowned by the AP poll years ago.

Until there is some Ncaa sanctioned national championship, UCF has as much right and validity to call itself the champion as anyone else.

RE: Anybody else embarrassed for ucf? - Franko - 04-22-2018 09:14 AM

(04-22-2018 08:03 AM)Dogluva Wrote:  

UCF as an FBS football team did everything that they possibly could to be the best team in FBS. Because they weren't "P5" they were not allowed to prove that and an 'anointed program' was. The system is completely unfair and a monopoly that uses money distribution inequality to control 'amateur athletics'.

I APPLAUD UCF!!!!!
Absolutely. I my opinion the rings and banner were over the top but they deserved a shot to play for it. Until at least everyone has a chance it is an unfair system. In hoops do you think Loyola would've been selected for a final 4 using a similar selection format?

RE: Anybody else embarrassed for ucf? - CameramanJ - 04-22-2018 09:16 AM

I like what UCF did. Would you rather they sit down and shut up after the final whistle like the rest of us? They achieved something special whether the media wants to acknowledge it or not.

RE: Anybody else embarrassed for ucf? - Ole Blue - 04-22-2018 09:25 AM

Embarrassed? Are you kidding me? Why should they be embarrassed? They are national champs.