CSNbbs
USF trying to land 5* grad transfer former Alabama QB Blake Barnett - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: USF trying to land 5* grad transfer former Alabama QB Blake Barnett (/thread-848845.html)

Pages: 1 2

USF trying to land 5* grad transfer former Alabama QB Blake Barnett - BullsFanInTX - 04-25-2018 03:33 PM

https://247sports.com/college/south-florida/Article/Breaking-Down-USF-Verbal-TJ-Robinson-117668291

Blake Barnett on official visit to USF. Former 5* QB who was briefly Alabama's starter before losing out to Jalen Hurts. He also transferred to Arizona State before deciding to transfer from there and is looking for a new home. Has 2 years of eligibility left.

RE: USF trying to land 5* grad transfer former Alabama QB Blake Barnett - BullsFanInTX - 04-25-2018 03:34 PM

Bruce Feldman‏Verified account @BruceFeldmanCFB
Following Following @BruceFeldmanCFB

SOURCE: Former #Alabama QB Blake Barnett is leaving #ASU as a grad transfer and is taking an official visit to #USF this weekend. The former 5-star recruit has two seasons of eligibility left.

RE: USF trying to land 5* grad transfer former Alabama QB Blake Barnett - Doglando - 04-25-2018 03:41 PM

going from alabama and asu's facilities to usf's. oof.

RE: USF trying to land 5* grad transfer former Alabama QB Blake Barnett - JHS55 - 04-25-2018 03:42 PM

Hope y’all get him, but I don’t know, lost out to hurts a bama and hurts ain’t that great mybe just a retread...

RE: USF trying to land 5* grad transfer former Alabama QB Blake Barnett - BullsFanInTX - 04-25-2018 03:45 PM

Yeah, I think USF is pretty good at QB so maybe Strong is just trying to stockpile the QB position, and let them fight it out. More options is never a bad thing. He might be an over rated retread, I don't know, but someone thought enough of him at one time to label him a 5 star.

RE: USF trying to land 5* grad transfer former Alabama QB Blake Barnett - TIGERCITY - 04-25-2018 03:51 PM

If USF gets him this conference will be the home of the 2nd and 3rd ranked QBs in the 2015 class 04-bow

RE: USF trying to land 5* grad transfer former Alabama QB Blake Barnett - STL_Wave - 04-25-2018 04:28 PM

Tulane better through everything at him. We're screwed if Banks goes down.

RE: USF trying to land 5* grad transfer former Alabama QB Blake Barnett - JHS55 - 04-25-2018 04:33 PM

(04-25-2018 04:28 PM)STL_Wave Wrote:  Tulane better through everything at him. We're screwed if Banks goes down.

Well you might want to see if he likes mudd bugs, that just might be enough

RE: USF trying to land 5* grad transfer former Alabama QB Blake Barnett - Knights_of_UCF - 04-26-2018 08:30 AM

this guy is awful but his wife would be nice to have around. Google it. Really doubt he'd even crack the top 2 at USF.

RE: USF trying to land 5* grad transfer former Alabama QB Blake Barnett - HuskyU - 04-26-2018 08:38 AM

(04-26-2018 08:30 AM)Knights_of_UCF Wrote:  this guy is awful but his wife would be nice to have around. Google it. Really doubt he'd even crack the top 2 at USF.

I'd take an awful 5* QB at UCONN...

RE: USF trying to land 5* grad transfer former Alabama QB Blake Barnett - The Knight Time - 04-26-2018 09:03 AM

This board is funny. The refrain almost all recruiting cycle is "STARS DONT MATTER!".

Yet when some journeyman QB who can't crack the depth chart at 2 different schools is transferring, he's still awesome because a recruiting service called him a 5-star 3 years ago.

RE: USF trying to land 5* grad transfer former Alabama QB Blake Barnett - HuskyU - 04-26-2018 09:46 AM

(04-26-2018 09:03 AM)The Knight Time Wrote:  This board is funny. The refrain almost all recruiting cycle is "STARS DONT MATTER!".

Yet when some journeyman QB who can't crack the depth chart at 2 different schools is transferring, he's still awesome because a recruiting service called him a 5-star 3 years ago.

Show me where a UCONN fan said 5*'s don't matter. They would matter very much to UCONN (in any sport).

RE: USF trying to land 5* grad transfer former Alabama QB Blake Barnett - TU4ever - 04-26-2018 10:46 AM

(04-26-2018 09:03 AM)The Knight Time Wrote:  This board is funny. The refrain almost all recruiting cycle is "STARS DONT MATTER!".

Yet when some journeyman QB who can't crack the depth chart at 2 different schools is, he's still awesome because a recruiting service called him a 5-star 3 years ago.

I'm one of them who says this.

By the way, this kid is a great example of why.

Have a great day.

RE: USF trying to land 5* grad transfer former Alabama QB Blake Barnett - Def Berkkat - 04-26-2018 11:18 AM

Yeah, I was also going to say that I bet that this guy is no longer a 5* get.

People get all hung up on these stars, but the truth is that the AAC has guys that can play too. The difference between the cartel and us is quantity, not quality. The Alabamas and Ohio States of the world can run out some fresh third stringer later in the third quarter that's just about as good as their starters. Meanwhile you have to hope that your starters can hang in there because you got no one else to put in there.

That's why most P5 v. G5 games follow the same script. The G5'ers usually hang in there until later in the third quarter until their starters start to wear out. Then the P5 teams just out last them in the 4th.

Not saying it's true, but that's the argument they're using against UCF.

Yeah, they came out all psyched and beat Auburn. But could they do that again the next week against LSU? Then the next week against A&M? And there's no breathers like UCF got against UC... where they went through us like sh** through a goose.

Not saying it's true. Just sayin'.

RE: USF trying to land 5* grad transfer former Alabama QB Blake Barnett - Bull - 04-26-2018 11:30 AM

Who knows how good this kid is now? We know he WAS that good a few years ago. I am not as convinced as some that our QB situation is acceptable... Kean and Oladokun seem good, but I don't see either as being star caliber like Flowers. Bring him in and give him a shot. Absolutely no down side. I get it, especially after Woulard, as a transfer he may not pan out... but he very well may be better than what we have now. Only one way to find out...

RE: USF trying to land 5* grad transfer former Alabama QB Blake Barnett - TripleA - 04-26-2018 11:41 AM

I don't know if this guy is any good, but I know his wife is smokin' hot. And a professional surfer.

[Image: 2BDB7AEF00000578-0-image-a-16_1441064275776.jpg]

RE: USF trying to land 5* grad transfer former Alabama QB Blake Barnett - firmbizzle - 04-26-2018 01:13 PM

Isn't USF a spread option team? Blake isn't really a spread/read guy.

RE: USF trying to land 5* grad transfer former Alabama QB Blake Barnett - BullsFanInTX - 04-26-2018 02:32 PM

I actually don’t care if they bring this guy in. I’m pretty sold on the Kean/Oladokun combo. But hey, if they want to bring him in and let him compete, the more the merrier. If he’s an overrated bust like Woulard was, so be it. I personally am very comfortable with Kean and Oladokun.

He did win the Alabama starting job at one point in time so he can’t be that bad.

RE: USF trying to land 5* grad transfer former Alabama QB Blake Barnett - Bull - 04-26-2018 03:04 PM

(04-26-2018 02:32 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  I actually don’t care if they bring this guy in. I’m pretty sold on the Kean/Oladokun combo. But hey, if they want to bring him in and let him compete, the more the merrier. If he’s an overrated bust like Woulard was, so be it. I personally am very comfortable with Kean and Oladokun.

He did win the Alabama starting job at one point in time so he can’t be that bad.

I hope you are right about Kean and Oladokun... Most fans do seem to think either one could be our guy. I am a bit more gun shy after our parade of QB that preceded Flowers...

RE: USF trying to land 5* grad transfer former Alabama QB Blake Barnett - thespiritof1976 - 04-26-2018 04:39 PM

(04-26-2018 08:30 AM)Knights_of_UCF Wrote:  this guy is awful but his wife would be nice to have around. Google it. Really doubt he'd even crack the top 2 at USF.

I guess being a 5 star has its perks.....at least until the playing days are over....