CSNbbs
2018 Home Football Game Times - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: 2018 Home Football Game Times (/thread-849582.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

2018 Home Football Game Times - Tribedad18 - 05-08-2018 12:52 PM

http://www.tribeathletics.com/news/2018/5/8/tribe-football-announces-home-game-times.aspx?path=football

04-cheers

RE: 2018 Home Football Game Times - SoCal Frank - 05-08-2018 05:50 PM

This is a scintillating schedule. You have to wait for the finale to see a team anyone knows or cares about.

RE: 2018 Home Football Game Times - Tribal - 05-08-2018 06:52 PM

(05-08-2018 05:50 PM)SoCal Frank Wrote:  This is a scintillating schedule. You have to wait for the finale to see a team anyone knows or cares about.
You know nothing about and care nothing about JMU, Virginia Tech, or Villanova? Maybe you'll get up for our game vs Stanford.

Some people just look for disappointment.

RE: 2018 Home Football Game Times - SoCal Frank - 05-08-2018 07:29 PM

This is a scintillating home schedule. You have to wait for the finale to see a team anyone knows or cares about. I do watch a lot of Tech football and basketball. I have to wait for the playoffs to see JMU.

RE: 2018 Home Football Game Times - nj alum - 05-08-2018 08:31 PM

This is the reality of an FCS level program.

Personally, I'd rather ...

Now, here's what most Tribe fans know.

Elon has beaten us two years in a row.

Colgate has a fine history.

Albany is a good program.

Maine games are always tight, and they've beaten us at home before.

I'm looking forward to some good football games.

RE: 2018 Home Football Game Times - SoCal Frank - 05-08-2018 08:59 PM

The vaunted Raiders got their 100th win vs Army in 1915. They have produced 90 plus pro’s. Can’t wait to see them at Zable. Albany, third cousin to Stony Brook is a ‘don’t miss’. As for our futility vs the Elon’s; they represent all that is wrong with Tribe football.

2018 Home Football Game Times - Tribal - 05-09-2018 04:18 AM

I can't wait for the season to kick off and I'll make every game I can. After a 2-9 season and 0'fer in conference play, I won't discount any opponent.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2018 Home Football Game Times - zablenoise - 05-09-2018 05:20 AM

Strange day when I'm agreeing with SoCal. That home schedule is UGLY.

Sent from my VS500 using Tapatalk

RE: 2018 Home Football Game Times - bubbadog57 - 05-09-2018 05:37 AM

This schedule is fine...sure I miss Delaware and Villanova but when you belong to a conference there are years the conference's rotating schedule makes a difference. After last season's debacle the fact is none of these games are easy and am anxious to see whether we're returning some kind of football parity within the CAA.

And nobody's mentioned it, but starting the night games at 6 PM is a very good move: much more convenient for families with kids than the old 7 PM and 7:30 evening starts.

And, anyway, why are some so stunned at the home schedule at this point? Other than the starting times
the schedule has been posted on the Tribe web pages for months!

RE: 2018 Home Football Game Times - Tribal - 05-09-2018 07:45 AM

(05-09-2018 05:37 AM)bubbadog57 Wrote:  This schedule is fine...sure I miss Delaware and Villanova but when you belong to a conference there are years the conference's rotating schedule makes a difference. After last season's debacle the fact is none of these games are easy and am anxious to see whether we're returning some kind of football parity within the CAA.

And nobody's mentioned it, but starting the night games at 6 PM is a very good move: much more convenient for families with kids than the old 7 PM and 7:30 evening starts.

And, anyway, why are some so stunned at the home schedule at this point? Other than the starting times
the schedule has been posted on the Tribe web pages for months!
We play Villanova.

I love that I can drive to all but one game and back the same night.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RE: 2018 Home Football Game Times - TheRealTribe - 05-09-2018 08:30 AM

Phew, and they say the younger generation complains. Sure we are missing seeing some great rivalries at home this year (and Delaware off the list completely) but that is how intercollegiate athletics works.

Opening with Bucknell allows us a winnable game against a nonconference opponent (and after last year we will need an early win) that isn't complete garbage. It will also provides football fans with a better on field product. I will take that over a blowout game against a nonconference VMI team "people know about".

If you are complaining about playing Elon at home then I take you do not follow CAA football. This is a positive note on the schedule for multiple reasons. We get to play a 2017 playoff team and one of the best in the conference at home. AND as fans we get to see a great matchup. I'll take that vs a CAA team "people know about".

Colgate is another strong nonconference scheduling as they finished tied for their conference last season, and did not advance to the FCS playoffs only due to a tiebreaking head to head loss. (See: Chance for a big win)

I'm interested in the Albany game because that is a team I only get to see when they come to Zable. Sure they aren't a traditional CAA matchup, but again if you're in a conference that's how things work. I also see it as a potential home win - always great for building fan momentum and turnout at the next game (Maine)

As we have all discussed over in the thread when the actual schedule was released, this is a very favorable schedule for a team that struggled last year yet possesses high potential. A good mix of winnable games, and strong opponents.

Happy to debate it, but I enjoy the mix of teams each year and not just seeing the same teams come to Zable for the past 30 years.

As for start times I think the 6pm and 3:30 starts are great. Plenty of time for travel, drinking, family etc..[/align]

RE: 2018 Home Football Game Times - Tribe32 - 05-09-2018 08:36 AM

Why don't we all just have some fun, tailgate a little bit, maybe visit the beer garden (?), see some long time friends, and then see some football. Isn't that what it's all about at the end of the day?

I like Tribal's comment about the away games. I'm definitely going to the JMU and Towson games. Out of town for Tech and Bucknel

RE: 2018 Home Football Game Times - nogretheogre - 05-09-2018 09:12 AM

After last year's offensive debacle, this schedule is just what the doctor ordered to give a new QB confidence going forward.

09.01.18 @BUCKNELL TBA
09.08.18 @VIRGINIA TECH TBA
09.15.18 ELON 6 PM
09.22.18 @JAMES MADISON 3:30 PM
09.29.18 COLGATE (FAMILY WEEKEND) 6 PM
10.06.18 ALBANY 3:30 PM
10.13.18 @TOWSON TBA
10.20.18 MAINE (HOMECOMING) 3:30 PM
10.27.18 @RHODE ISLAND 12 PM
11.10.18 @VILLANOVA TBA
11.17.18 RICHMOND 2 PM

RE: 2018 Home Football Game Times - Tribeheart - 05-09-2018 09:17 AM

Would have been great to have had the return game with Bucknell as our home opener. Don't know when we have ever had a home opener on Labor Day weekend.

2018 Home Football Game Times - zablenoise - 05-09-2018 09:30 AM

Do I remember correctly that we tried and failed to get UVA at Zable? Or did I dream that?

Anyway. I may be in the minority here but I'd rather play well known teams or rivals than have a good schedule. Its more fun having the teams you love to hate coming to town than teams who are good but spent most of their athletic life at the NAIA level. I think the number one thing to draw in fans as students is to play schools they know. That means local rivals, flagship universities, and schools with known athletics.

Sent from my VS500 using Tapatalk

RE: 2018 Home Football Game Times - hktribefan - 05-09-2018 10:25 AM

I like to win and play in the post-season. I've followed our team long enough that I can get excited for anyone in the CAA. Our OOC games should be very winnable games. It's all about getting to seven wins.

RE: 2018 Home Football Game Times - HyperDuke - 05-09-2018 10:58 AM

(05-09-2018 09:30 AM)zablenoise Wrote:  Do I remember correctly that we tried and failed to get UVA at Zable? Or did I dream that?

Don't think any FBS schools are willing to play ANY FCS school at the FCS stadium. JMU got WVU at FedEx & that was a coup.

RE: 2018 Home Football Game Times - bubbadog57 - 05-09-2018 11:21 AM

John Randolph tried very hard to get both UVA and Navy to play a game at Zable back in the late 80s and early 90s, especially for 1993, the 100th anniversary of W&M football. Today, of course, they laugh at you.

RE: 2018 Home Football Game Times - nj alum - 05-09-2018 04:27 PM

(05-09-2018 09:17 AM)Tribeheart Wrote:  Would have been great to have had the return game with Bucknell as our home opener. Don't know when we have ever had a home opener on Labor Day weekend.

Delaware in the first year of the NBC contract. Flacco lit us up.

RE: 2018 Home Football Game Times - TribeNomad - 05-09-2018 05:20 PM

The names do not jump out for those of us that were used to tough games against UR, Nova, JMU and UD. Bu this is now not your father's CAA/Yankee conference.

I am looking forward to Colgate and Albany. Colgate has been really good the last few years, and Albany making a name for themselves as well. We have never played Albany, so that will be something new.

I remember a number of years ago when Hofstra first came into town, and we were an established conference program. They lit us up with their tall receivers. I was most surprised.

Hopefully we can put on some good home showings this year. We owe Elon after the "showing" two years ago.