CSNbbs
Herrington writes that taxpayers paying for LB improvements is "bad" - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Herrington writes that taxpayers paying for LB improvements is "bad" (/thread-849720.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Herrington writes that taxpayers paying for LB improvements is "bad" - 3601 - 05-10-2018 09:58 AM

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/news/local/the-901/2018/05/10/9-01-good-bad-ugly-government-spending-blues-music-awards/597487002/

RE: Herrington writes that taxpayers paying for LB improvements is "bad" - k2tigers - 05-10-2018 10:01 AM

spot on

RE: Herrington writes that taxpayers paying for LB improvements is "bad" - macgar32 - 05-10-2018 10:03 AM

(05-10-2018 09:58 AM)3601 Wrote:  https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/news/local/the-901/2018/05/10/9-01-good-bad-ugly-government-spending-blues-music-awards/597487002/

If the city council actually cited luring better recruits as the reason for the upgrades then yes it is stupid.

RE: Herrington writes that taxpayers paying for LB improvements is "bad" - btiger - 05-10-2018 10:10 AM

(05-10-2018 09:58 AM)3601 Wrote:  https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/news/local/the-901/2018/05/10/9-01-good-bad-ugly-government-spending-blues-music-awards/597487002/

hard to argue with that

RE: Herrington writes that taxpayers paying for LB improvements is "bad" - salukiblue - 05-10-2018 10:18 AM

Better recruits=better players=better team=more wins=more fans=more parking and concessions=more parking and concessions revenue for the city

RE: Herrington writes that taxpayers paying for LB improvements is "bad" - Tiger1983 - 05-10-2018 10:27 AM

The “issue” could be resolved with an on-campus stadium if the City does not do its part to meet the minimum needs of its primary tenant.

RE: Herrington writes that taxpayers paying for LB improvements is "bad" - Marc Mensa - 05-10-2018 10:38 AM

If the city wants to keep its main client happy, then it needs to be concerned with making improvements that are important to the client... if not, the city ends up with Legion Field.

RE: Herrington writes that taxpayers paying for LB improvements is "bad" - k2tigers - 05-10-2018 10:41 AM

I thought the city recently made a lot of improvements to the LB

RE: Herrington writes that taxpayers paying for LB improvements is "bad" - Unbreakable04 - 05-10-2018 11:09 AM

Herrington should stick to the Grizzlies, which is the only thing he writes about that is intriguing.

I love the "transit plan" suggestion that it perpetuates growth. Nashville seems to sure be booming without a mass transit plan previously in place... waste $9 billion on a transit plan - the government always knows how to spend that much money in the best way possible (kidding). Then complain about $2.5M for an upgrade in the LB which generates revenue due to its one main tenant, for the city, and even though the LB operates "at a loss" just think about the albatross it would become if it did not make those same improvements (I like the Legion Field reference). Guess Tiger Lane was a waste of taxpayer money as well. Glad he is in journalism and not business.

RE: Herrington writes that taxpayers paying for LB improvements is "bad" - salukiblue - 05-10-2018 11:11 AM

(05-10-2018 11:09 AM)Unbreakable04 Wrote:  Herrington should stick to the Grizzlies, which is the only thing he writes about that is intriguing.

I love the "transit plan" suggestion that it perpetuates growth. Nashville seems to sure be booming without a mass transit plan previously in place... waste $9 billion on a transit plan - the government always knows how to spend that much money in the best way possible (kidding). Then complain about $2.5M for an upgrade in the LB which generates revenue due to its one main tenant, for the city, and even though the LB operates "at a loss" just think about the albatross it would become if it did not make those same improvements (I like the Legion Field reference). Guess Tiger Lane was a waste of taxpayer money as well. Glad he is in journalism and not business.

Nashville WILL suffer if they don't get a real transit plan going.

RE: Herrington writes that taxpayers paying for LB improvements is "bad" - FlyingTiger2016 - 05-10-2018 11:15 AM

(05-10-2018 11:09 AM)Unbreakable04 Wrote:  Herrington should stick to the Grizzlies, which is the only thing he writes about that is intriguing.

They got 840 built on the south side. And they have two major interstates in 24 and 55. Then the huge cooperate tax breaks. I still think Shelby County pays more than Davidson, but of course Logistic companies are taxed at a higher rate than health care. That makes sense.

The federal government spent quite a bit on Nashville. Don't get confused.

RE: Herrington writes that taxpayers paying for LB improvements is "bad" - FlyingTiger2016 - 05-10-2018 11:17 AM

(05-10-2018 11:11 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  

It's still better than up North.

Honestly, if you compared Nashville to it's peers in Raleigh and Atlanta their growth isn't that impressive for a state capital in a sun belt state.

RE: Herrington writes that taxpayers paying for LB improvements is "bad" - Unbreakable04 - 05-10-2018 11:36 AM

If that's what suffering looks like, then please let Memphis suffer like Nashville.

RE: Herrington writes that taxpayers paying for LB improvements is "bad" - k2tigers - 05-10-2018 11:37 AM

(05-10-2018 11:36 AM)Unbreakable04 Wrote:  

If that's what suffering looks like, then please let Memphis suffer like Nashville.

yep

sore subject for me, as always

RE: Herrington writes that taxpayers paying for LB improvements is "bad" - salukiblue - 05-10-2018 11:41 AM

I said, "will" not "are."

At some point the economics of living IN Nashville will be difficult more middle class folks. So they move to the burbs for cheaper living but the commute back to the job (in Nashville) becomes more and more ridiculous each day. And there is no way to improve (via widening/adding more highways) so traffic becomes more unbearable and people say, "I'll move somewhere else where I don't have a two hour commute each way."

Time will tell.

RE: Herrington writes that taxpayers paying for LB improvements is "bad" - 3601 - 05-10-2018 12:16 PM

(05-10-2018 11:41 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  

I said, "will" not "are."

At some point the economics of living IN Nashville will be difficult more middle class folks. So they move to the burbs for cheaper living but the commute back to the job (in Nashville) becomes more and more ridiculous each day. And there is no way to improve (via widening/adding more highways) so traffic becomes more unbearable and people say, "I'll move somewhere else where I don't have a two hour commute each way."

Time will tell.

So you think the traffic issue will lead to a population decline in Metro Nashville?

RE: Herrington writes that taxpayers paying for LB improvements is "bad" - BealeStBruiser - 05-10-2018 12:39 PM

**** Willie.

RE: Herrington writes that taxpayers paying for LB improvements is "bad" - TIGERCITY - 05-10-2018 01:06 PM

If something like the locker rooms are affecting recruiting than they probably do need some work.

RE: Herrington writes that taxpayers paying for LB improvements is "bad" - k2tigers - 05-10-2018 01:09 PM

(05-10-2018 01:06 PM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  If something like the locker rooms are affecting recruiting than they probably do need some work.

RE: Herrington writes that taxpayers paying for LB improvements is "bad" - dan o - 05-10-2018 01:24 PM

(05-10-2018 11:15 AM)FlyingTiger2016 Wrote:  

They got 840 built on the south side. And they have two major interstates in 24 and 55. Then the huge cooperate tax breaks. I still think Shelby County pays more than Davidson, but of course Logistic companies are taxed at a higher rate than health care. That makes sense.

The federal government spent quite a bit on Nashville. Don't get confused.

You probably meant 24 and 40