CSNbbs
The fallout shelter - and now Penny - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: The fallout shelter - and now Penny (/thread-849813.html)

Pages: 1 2

The fallout shelter - and now Penny - AtlantaDave - 05-11-2018 07:34 PM

I've been on Tiger boards since 1999 but not much in a while. In the 50's when I was a kid, people built fallout shelters to survive nuclear war. The Civil Defense manuals said you'd stay for yrs & not know what was outside. I guess I've been in one for the past couple of years here in GA shielded from the radioactive fallout from the doe-eyed fecklessness of Pastner & tired fatalism of Smith. Started watching Tiger BB on TV in the Ehlers years, relished the Bartow yrs (was in the MSC for almost every one of Finch's games & was at the field house pep rally when the team left for the final 4 in St. L.), survived the Yates years, loved the Kirk/Finch teams, survived T. Price, loved Cal's teams but died a slow death on the Monday night in April 2008. Had hopes for Pastner but they faded. Watching my beloved Tigers fall into ruin became more than I could bear. I was amazed when Penny's name came up with a coaching change and he stepped in beaming energy, optimism and signing recruits. War's over and I'm back. I now check the CA web site multiple times daily for Tiger news, no matter how small. Now that I'm outside again, the air is fresh & clear and the sun is bright as a Penny. There are few things in life better to me than when the Tigers are rolling. So ROLL ON TIGERS! WELOME BACK!

RE: The fallout shelter - and now Penny - snowtiger - 05-11-2018 07:45 PM

It just does't get any better than this....I keep telling everybody. lol

#onefamily

RE: The fallout shelter - and now Penny - bbqtiger - 05-11-2018 08:32 PM

Hey Dave, I am glad you came out of the darkness! Welcome back![SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

Sent from my LG-M322 using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: The fallout shelter - and now Penny - jsw3ent - 05-11-2018 08:58 PM

(05-11-2018 07:34 PM)AtlantaDave Wrote:  I've been on Tiger boards since 1999 but not much in a while. In the 50's when I was a kid, people built fallout shelters to survive nuclear war. The Civil Defense manuals said you'd stay for yrs & not know what was outside. I guess I've been in one for the past couple of years here in GA shielded from the radioactive fallout from the doe-eyed fecklessness of Pastner & tired fatalism of Smith. Started watching Tiger BB on TV in the Ehlers years, relished the Bartow yrs (was in the MSC for almost every one of Finch's games & was at the field house pep rally when the team left for the final 4 in St. L.), survived the Yates years, loved the Kirk/Finch teams, survived T. Price, loved Cal's teams but died a slow death on the Monday night in April 2008. Had hopes for Pastner but they faded. Watching my beloved Tigers fall into ruin became more than I could bear. I was amazed when Penny's name came up with a coaching change and he stepped in beaming energy, optimism and signing recruits. War's over and I'm back. I now check the CA web site multiple times daily for Tiger news, no matter how small. Now that I'm outside again, the air is fresh & clear and the sun is bright as a Penny. There are few things in life better to me than when the Tigers are rolling. So ROLL ON TIGERS! WELOME BACK!

I tip my cap to you. I wish I knew how to do the hand clapping and glass toasting thingys.

RE: The fallout shelter - and now Penny - Hernando Hills Tiger - 05-11-2018 09:42 PM

(05-11-2018 08:58 PM)jsw3ent Wrote:  
(05-11-2018 07:34 PM)AtlantaDave Wrote:  I've been on Tiger boards since 1999 but not much in a while. In the 50's when I was a kid, people built fallout shelters to survive nuclear war. The Civil Defense manuals said you'd stay for yrs & not know what was outside. I guess I've been in one for the past couple of years here in GA shielded from the radioactive fallout from the doe-eyed fecklessness of Pastner & tired fatalism of Smith. Started watching Tiger BB on TV in the Ehlers years, relished the Bartow yrs (was in the MSC for almost every one of Finch's games & was at the field house pep rally when the team left for the final 4 in St. L.), survived the Yates years, loved the Kirk/Finch teams, survived T. Price, loved Cal's teams but died a slow death on the Monday night in April 2008. Had hopes for Pastner but they faded. Watching my beloved Tigers fall into ruin became more than I could bear. I was amazed when Penny's name came up with a coaching change and he stepped in beaming energy, optimism and signing recruits. War's over and I'm back. I now check the CA web site multiple times daily for Tiger news, no matter how small. Now that I'm outside again, the air is fresh & clear and the sun is bright as a Penny. There are few things in life better to me than when the Tigers are rolling. So ROLL ON TIGERS! WELOME BACK!

I tip my cap to you. I wish I knew how to do the hand clapping and glass toasting thingys.

04-cheers

RE: The fallout shelter - and now Penny - jsw3ent - 05-11-2018 10:08 PM

(05-11-2018 09:42 PM)Hernando Hills Tiger Wrote:  

04-cheers

Thank you

RE: The fallout shelter - and now Penny - uskjtc02 - 05-12-2018 06:32 AM

+2 I agree completely! Well said.

RE: The fallout shelter - and now Penny - TIGERBUDDY - 05-12-2018 06:51 AM

02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN !!!!!!!

RE: The fallout shelter - and now Penny - Tiger1983 - 05-12-2018 07:44 AM

Thankfully, Tiger fans may now emerge from front line bunkers (i.e., the fans exposed to the fallout while actively supporting the team) and from shelters in the rear alike.

RE: The fallout shelter - and now Penny - hartlessnhere - 05-12-2018 09:09 AM

Man... I don't think anyone could've said it better ATLDave.

02-13-banana04-cheers03-woohoo03-cloud903-2thumbsup04-high504-clap2

RE: The fallout shelter - and now Penny - thagr82008 - 05-12-2018 12:36 PM

Epic Applause

[Image: giphy.gif]

The fallout shelter - and now Penny - slktigers - 05-13-2018 01:45 AM

Oh wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: The fallout shelter - and now Penny - CUSA_NEWS - 05-13-2018 05:18 PM

RE: The fallout shelter - and now Penny - tiger68 - 05-13-2018 05:46 PM

(05-11-2018 07:45 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  It just does't get any better than this....I keep telling everybody. lol

#onefamily
+3

RE: The fallout shelter - and now Penny - Redbanksdog - 05-13-2018 11:42 PM

Great Post, I'm in for a Penny. 04-cheers04-cheers

RE: The fallout shelter - and now Penny - tiger86 - 05-14-2018 08:12 AM

Welcome back!

As a side note, my wife's great grandfather built the bomb shelter palace in Whitehaven right next to his home which sits right across the street from Whitehaven high school.

That thing is/was off the hook. Like going back in time to the latest and greatest technology of the early 60's. Among other things, he had 3 TVs installed to monitor all the channels available in Memphis at the time, including his, as he started channel 3.

Apparently my in-laws used to have some kickin' parties in the bomb shelter back in the day.

Thanks for bringing back the memories.

RE: The fallout shelter - and now Penny - holyterror - 05-14-2018 08:52 AM

(05-14-2018 08:12 AM)tiger86 Wrote:  

Welcome back!

As a side note, my wife's great grandfather built the bomb shelter palace in Whitehaven right next to his home which sits right across the street from Whitehaven high school.

That thing is/was off the hook. Like going back in time to the latest and greatest technology of the early 60's. Among other things, he had 3 TVs installed to monitor all the channels available in Memphis at the time, including his, as he started channel 3.

Apparently my in-laws used to have some kickin' parties in the bomb shelter back in the day.

The Byrds flew off with a fallout shelter.

RE: The fallout shelter - and now Penny - tiger.fish - 05-14-2018 12:26 PM

I have not been in the bunker but mostly lurking. Wonderfully stated. Thank you and Go Tigers!
04-cheers 01-ncaabbs

RE: The fallout shelter - and now Penny - Cletus - 05-14-2018 02:07 PM

Welcome back!

This was the guy

[Image: shelter1_(1).jpg?s=f]

Hoyt B. Wooten

RE: The fallout shelter - and now Penny - tiger86 - 05-14-2018 03:12 PM

(05-14-2018 02:07 PM)Cletus Wrote:  

Welcome back!

This was the guy

[Image: shelter1_(1).jpg?s=f]

Hoyt B. Wooten

Yep. That's him.