CSNbbs
If you want to bend over and take 2:1 Football Deals.... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: If you want to bend over and take 2:1 Football Deals.... (/thread-850476.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

If you want to bend over and take 2:1 Football Deals.... - Hymie Weiss - 05-23-2018 07:48 AM

Go join C-USA.

I wish the AAC members would vote in a league bylaw requiring that all football programs can only do 1:1s.

If we're going to call ourselves a power conference, our schools need to act like power programs.

USF giving Florida a 2:1....SAD!

RE: If you want to bend over and take 2:1 Football Deals.... - GO Coogs GO!!! - 05-23-2018 08:46 AM

In an ideal world sure but that being said.....

That attitude in our administration is why our OOC is always a real struggle and we fight just to get mid to lower level P5 schools.

You have to adopt the attitude of the U back in the 80's

ANYONE..... ANYTIME..... ANYWHERE!!!!

RE: If you want to bend over and take 2:1 Football Deals.... - SublimeKnight - 05-23-2018 08:49 AM

(05-23-2018 07:48 AM)Hymie Weiss Wrote:  Go join C-USA.

I wish the AAC members would vote in a league bylaw requiring that all football programs can only do 1:1s.

If we're going to call ourselves a power conference, our schools need to act like power programs.

Unfortunately in order for future powerhouse football programs like UCF, Houston, Memphis, etc to continue to grow we need to co-exist with some of these eternally middling programs. Hopefully the whole conference can one day be lifted and while USF will always be a Wake Forest-y like program, we'll be able to pay them enough to make them act big time.

RE: If you want to bend over and take 2:1 Football Deals.... - SublimeKnight - 05-23-2018 08:52 AM

(05-23-2018 08:46 AM)GO Coogs GO!!! Wrote:  In an ideal world sure but that being said.....

That attitude in our administration is why our OOC is always a real struggle and we fight just to get mid to lower level P5 schools.

You have to adopt the attitude of the U back in the 80's

ANYONE..... ANYTIME..... ANYWHERE!!!!

That was another time. Back then, being a college ref wasn't a profession. Most hoped to one day make it to the NFL. Today, I'm betting B1G and SEC officials make as much or more than NFL officials. They know what is expected of them.

RE: If you want to bend over and take 2:1 Football Deals.... - Def Berkkat - 05-23-2018 09:14 AM

As Sgt. Barnes said... "there's the way it oughta be, and there's the way it is."

Do you want to play these schools or not?

Florida aint playing USF 1-1. O$U aint playing UC 1-1. Perv St. aint playing Temple 1-1.

We all want to elevate our programs. The only way to do that is to beat the "big boys". The only way to beat the big boys is to PLAY the big boys. The only way to play the big boys is to get on the schedule. The only way you're getting on the schedule is to sign a 2-1 deal.

Its the way it is...

RE: If you want to bend over and take 2:1 Football Deals.... - thespiritof1976 - 05-23-2018 09:20 AM

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Florida buys out the game in Tampa. Gators are outright snobs and are the epitome of what is wrong in college football

RE: If you want to bend over and take 2:1 Football Deals.... - pesik - 05-23-2018 09:32 AM

not its not even kinda sad...these are the ONLY way we are getting games like these...our oklahoma games was ridiculously unfair for us ..they got majority of the money in the "nuetral", and they still got a home game too

im 1000% fine with 2 for 1 for a certain calibur of schools:
the michigans, ohio states, usc, floridas, bamas of the world....THEY WILL NOT PLAY US OTHERWISE

if usf wins even 1 of those games it will be huge for the aac....no one will know it was 2 for 1.... beating middling to low level p5 will only get us so far

it only becomes sad if we are doing 2 for 1s with lousiville, or iowa or tcu type schools.....there are p5s who do 1 and done deals with other major p5...certain teams are just that big a brand

RE: If you want to bend over and take 2:1 Football Deals.... - Magic95Fan - 05-23-2018 09:42 AM

I bet yall that Florida ends up playing that game at Raymond James. It's a great stadium and it's huge, so they know they can sell tons of visitor tickets. Even as a 2 for 1, this is a great opportunity for USF. 3 nationally televised games and all close enough for a large USF contingent to attend. Maybe this is CUSA thinking of me, but fan experience for OOC games is a top priority for me. Go buy all those tickets at the Swamp and turn those 2 games into neutral site battles.

RE: If you want to bend over and take 2:1 Football Deals.... - JHS55 - 05-23-2018 09:46 AM

Dose this mean Houston will have to pay USF the next time we play them, if so houston would have to pay most schools in the AAC

RE: If you want to bend over and take 2:1 Football Deals.... - Bull - 05-23-2018 09:48 AM

While I admire the thought that we should never do a 2-1... as y'all have said above, we simply have to if we want to play certain teams.

Not ALL the P5... you can make a short list of about 20 programs that an AAC school should consider for a 2-1.

We should not have done it with Louisville, but we DEFINITELY should take a 2-1 with Florida.

RE: If you want to bend over and take 2:1 Football Deals.... - HHOOTter - 05-23-2018 11:20 AM

Us Tulsa fans say 2 heck w/ a 2 for 1

Shoot, Mike Holder Okie Dokie St A.D.is on record
He would LUV 2 have a “continuous”
2 for 1 series w/ Tulsa

And Tulsa A.D. Derrick Gregg has said “No”
& refuses to sign off on that deal

So, instead of 2 for 1’s
Da’ $$$$ Guru’s @ Tulsa would rather play
a 1 and Done $$$$ game @ a P5 school

This yr,
We are playing two
1 and Done $$$$ Gigs
@ them Shorthorns & @ da’ Hawgwarts

Up coming 1 and done “$$$$$” games
@ Mich St in 2019
@ Ohio St in 2021
@ “Ol Miss in 2022

RE: If you want to bend over and take 2:1 Football Deals.... - HHOOTter - 05-23-2018 11:34 AM

Don't forget
USF also signed a 2 for 1 deal w/ Texas and Louisville
Texas series begins in 2020 then alternating every other yr.

RE: If you want to bend over and take 2:1 Football Deals.... - BullsFanInTX - 05-23-2018 11:43 AM

We've done plenty of 1:1's with Florida State and Miami. We've played Miami 6 times and FSU 4 times, all home/home.

The 2:1 strategy, while I do not like at all, I understand to a certain extent ONLY for really big name opponents (top 5-10 programs in the country.

USF has always done 1:1's with middling P6 programs (with the exception of Louisville).

Let's face it...you ain't getting on Texas' schedule, unless you do a 2 for 1...period.

I bet we see a USF/FSU 1:1 or 2:2 series soon, with Willie T now at FSU.

RE: If you want to bend over and take 2:1 Football Deals.... - Doglando - 05-23-2018 01:02 PM

It’s simple. Usf pays RJS nearly 200k per home game and noone goes. I see no problem with them taking a 2 for 1 with uf

RE: If you want to bend over and take 2:1 Football Deals.... - Chappy - 05-23-2018 07:58 PM

Any series that results in more road games than home games reduces the number of games to sell our TV partners. However, there are certain times it's worth it to sacrifice a home game to get a big-name opponent, like the Gators are in Tampa.

RE: If you want to bend over and take 2:1 Football Deals.... - shere khan - 05-23-2018 08:11 PM

2 for 1 with a Big Six SEC school is not a big deal. 2 for 1 with miss, miss state, vandy, mizzou, ark, uk or usce and your AD needs to be slapped in the mouth

Throw conference affiliation, p5 bs out the door with big six schools. That s all you would get in any scenerio nowdays.

I think we did 5-4 with the utk orange turds years ago. Feel free to correct me.

RE: If you want to bend over and take 2:1 Football Deals.... - UofMemphis - 05-23-2018 08:24 PM

Memphis has said before we would do a 2 for 1 with ND...I'd still be down with that.

RE: If you want to bend over and take 2:1 Football Deals.... - TU4ever - 05-23-2018 08:56 PM

Depending on the situation, there are a handful or so of programs where a 2-1 should be acceptable.

Alabama
Florida
Notre Dame
Ohio St
Oklahoma
Texas

Maybes
Texas AnM
USCw
Michigan

Exceptions for particular situations like ND vs Navy in our favor, or say maybe Temple vs Penn St. TU has some scheduling issues, but I would rather we avoid 2-1s whenever possible.

RE: If you want to bend over and take 2:1 Football Deals.... - sierrajip - 05-23-2018 11:32 PM

(05-23-2018 09:20 AM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Florida buys out the game in Tampa. Gators are outright snobs and are the epitome of what is wrong in college football

Not happening. A big buyout shows that will not happen.

RE: If you want to bend over and take 2:1 Football Deals.... - sierrajip - 05-23-2018 11:43 PM

(05-23-2018 09:42 AM)Magic95Fan Wrote:  I bet yall that Florida ends up playing that game at Raymond James. It's a great stadium and it's huge, so they know they can sell tons of visitor tickets. Even as a 2 for 1, this is a great opportunity for USF. 3 nationally televised games and all close enough for a large USF contingent to attend. Maybe this is CUSA thinking of me, but fan experience for OOC games is a top priority for me. Go buy all those tickets at the Swamp and turn those 2 games into neutral site battles.

I have to agree on both points. UF wants an away game they should be able to get a lot of fans to be able to attend but a victory over UF would be a big plus.