CSNbbs
Power Rankings Week 2 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big10bbs (/forum-259.html)
+---- Forum: Big 10 Conference Talk (/forum-167.html)
+---- Thread: Power Rankings Week 2 (/thread-857222.html)

Power Rankings Week 2 - ohio1317 - 09-04-2018 10:21 PM

Any thoughts on how power ranking for the conference?

1. Ohio State: I am very close between 1 and 2 and if defense doesn't look sharper will probably change this next week. Great offense show week 1 and I think correctable defense, but we'll see.
2. Wisconsin: Could easily see them being Big Ten champs.
3. Michigan: Maybe too high after suffering the conference's only loss. Still would probably take them in match-up vs. any team further down list for the moment though if forced to guess a winner.
4. Michigan State: Very experienced team. Probably should be higher than Michigan, but also struggled a bit more than would like week 1, and at this point in the season I am still going more by instinct (will adjust to that being less and less as season goes).
5. Penn State: Like Michigan, could be a lot lower after the first week result, but this feels to me like a game you just take and move on. Could be a struggle this year, but I think more likely just opening games hiccup vs. one of better teams from Sun Belt. Will know much more after playing Pitt this week.
6. Northwestern: Only conference win so far by anyone.
7. Maryland: Beat Texas 2 years in a row. I think this is a team that could surprise this year, but also think could fall apart somewhat like last year. I lean more to the former, especially if quarterbacks stay healthy, but we'll see.
8. Iowa: Maybe too low here. Always a hard team to gauge as Ferentz seems to have a team that goes from OK for multiple years to great for a year and back to OK for awhile again. It's like rinse and repeat, but I don't know which kind of year this one is.
9. Nebraska: No results this week. Hard to make many judgements on the new coaching era until we see something.
10. Purdue: Close game vs. Northwestern that could have gone either way.
11. Minnesota: Easy win on first night of college football.
12. Indiana: Road win to start the season is always good regardless of team.
13. Rutgers: Could see this year being a lot better and first game was fine.
14. Illinois: Got the win. That much I can say. Lovie Smith needs a good year,