CSNbbs
Apparently the NCAA will no longer be punishing schools for recruiting violations - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Apparently the NCAA will no longer be punishing schools for recruiting violations (/thread-862142.html)

Apparently the NCAA will no longer be punishing schools for recruiting violations - usffan - 11-01-2018 11:23 AM

WITAF

USFFan

RE: Apparently the NCAA will no longer be punishing schools for recruiting violations - ArmoredUpKnight - 11-01-2018 11:44 AM

They won their appeal, it can happen.

Doesn’t mean the NCAA is not punishing programs for recruiting violations.

RE: Apparently the NCAA will no longer be punishing schools for recruiting violations - Foreverandever - 11-01-2018 11:54 AM

(11-01-2018 11:44 AM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  They won their appeal, it can happen.

Doesn’t mean the NCAA is not punishing programs for recruiting violations.

True, it's just for the A5. I assume that all non-A5 schools will be matched to an A5 school to receive that schools punishment so the NCAA can maintain it's amateur status.

Southern Miss is screwed. Sounds like some lost scholarships and maybe a bowl ban Ol Miss firmly believes if you ain't cheating you ain't trying. Tough for a proud program, hopefully USM can come back. I hope ECU doesn't get paired with UNC, I heard it'll be the death penalty.

RE: Apparently the NCAA will no longer be punishing schools for recruiting violations - sfink16 - 11-01-2018 12:55 PM

The NCAA has apologized to Ole Miss for putting them through 6 year of rigorous investigation, as a result are allowing them 6 additional recruits per year for the next 6 years.

RE: Apparently the NCAA will no longer be punishing schools for recruiting violations - claydus - 11-01-2018 01:33 PM

Lawyers are scum. That is all.

RE: Apparently the NCAA will no longer be punishing schools for recruiting violations - wave97 - 11-04-2018 07:35 AM

(11-01-2018 01:33 PM)claydus Wrote:  Lawyers are scum. That is all.
Until you need one.

RE: Apparently the NCAA will no longer be punishing schools for recruiting violations - ShoreBuc - 11-04-2018 12:04 PM

I think the NCAA pretty much jumped the shark when they did nothing to UNCheat who committed the largest Academic scandal in NCAA History creating no show classes that enabled athletes to stay eligible including athletes who contributed to National Championships.

NCAA is a joke

RE: Apparently the NCAA will no longer be punishing schools for recruiting violations - BigHouston - 11-04-2018 10:17 PM

(11-04-2018 07:35 AM)wave97 Wrote:  
(11-01-2018 01:33 PM)claydus Wrote:  Lawyers are scum. That is all.
Until you need one.

Having lawyers in the family always helps

RE: Apparently the NCAA will no longer be punishing schools for recruiting violations - Bearcats#1 - 11-12-2018 09:58 PM

University 6 Haiku

The Belle of the Ball
Then your stuffed bra was exposed
Lipstick on a pig

RE: Apparently the NCAA will no longer be punishing schools for recruiting violations - PirateTreasureNC - 11-12-2018 10:09 PM

UNC says wasup....

RE: Apparently the NCAA will no longer be punishing schools for recruiting violations - Memphis Yankee - 11-12-2018 10:29 PM

Money talks. Sanctions walk. Google and ESPN have destroyed the planet earth.

RE: Apparently the NCAA will no longer be punishing schools for recruiting violations - Memphis Yankee - 11-12-2018 10:33 PM

(11-04-2018 12:04 PM)ShoreBuc Wrote:  I think the NCAA pretty much jumped the shark when they did nothing to UNCheat who committed the largest Academic scandal in NCAA History creating no show classes that enabled athletes to stay eligible including athletes who contributed to National Championships.

NCAA is a joke

FBI should investigate them. Oh they're no different. Follow the money.