CSNbbs
David Beaty Fired by KU, Les Miles Reportedly Hired - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: David Beaty Fired by KU, Les Miles Reportedly Hired (/thread-862424.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

David Beaty Fired by KU, Les Miles Reportedly Hired - Love and Honor - 11-04-2018 02:30 PM

Or "will not be retained" after the season per the official announcement, though he'll coach the remaining three games. School owes him three million dollars as his contract was extended a few years right after they beat Texas a few seasons ago, which in hindsight was a pretty boneheaded move. Jayhawks have drawn less than 16K announced the last two weeks which is about as bad as you'll get with a power conference team.

https://kuathletics.com/news/2018/11/4/football-beaty-will-not-be-retained-at-the-conclusion-of-the-season.aspx

RE: David Beaty Fired by KU - IWokeUpLikeThis - 11-04-2018 02:44 PM

Mark Mangino won an Orange Bowl and had the Jayhawks 1 win from the national title game. Bring back the World’s Largest Underpants.

RE: David Beaty Fired by KU - msm96wolf - 11-04-2018 02:45 PM

(11-04-2018 02:30 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  Or "will not be retained" after the season per the official announcement, though he'll coach the remaining three games. School owes him three million dollars as his contract was extended a few years right after they beat Texas a few seasons ago, which in hindsight was a pretty boneheaded move. Jayhawks have drawn less than 16K announced the last two weeks which is about as bad as you'll get with a power conference team.

https://kuathletics.com/news/2018/11/4/football-beaty-will-not-be-retained-at-the-conclusion-of-the-season.aspx

Wonder which P5 Assistant or G5 coach will take this graveyard job?

RE: David Beaty Fired by KU - IWokeUpLikeThis - 11-04-2018 02:51 PM

(11-04-2018 02:30 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  Or "will not be retained" after the season per the official announcement, though he'll coach the remaining three games. School owes him three million dollars as his contract was extended a few years right after they beat Texas a few seasons ago, which in hindsight was a pretty boneheaded move. Jayhawks have drawn less than 16K announced the last two weeks which is about as bad as you'll get with a power conference team.

Wow. 15k attendance the last 2 weeks. And one was a 70 degree win over TCU.

RE: David Beaty Fired by KU - Love and Honor - 11-04-2018 02:55 PM

(11-04-2018 02:45 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  

It'll take one heck of a rebuild, but it's not necessarily a graveyard. K-State seems to be on the decline, Snyder is getting old, and from what I've read there's some turmoil building with regards to his succession plan. KU and Mangino took advantage of a few bad years during the Ron Prince era, that's probably what it'll take to be decent again.

RE: David Beaty Fired by KU - MissouriStateBears - 11-04-2018 04:19 PM

Chris Creighton at Eastern Michigan is who I would go after if I was KU.

RE: David Beaty Fired by KU - BadgerMJ - 11-04-2018 04:40 PM

Some folks on Twitter seem to think Les Miles could be sniffing around the job so to speak....

RE: David Beaty Fired by KU - Pony94 - 11-04-2018 04:54 PM

(11-04-2018 04:40 PM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  

Some folks on Twitter seem to think Les Miles could be sniffing around the job so to speak....
He has to if he wants to keep being paid as he needs to "actively" look for work

RE: David Beaty Fired by KU - GoldenWarrior11 - 11-04-2018 06:48 PM

Jeff Long has always hired football coaches that create a big splash (Arkansas - Petrino and Bielema; Pittsburgh - Wannstedt). Unfortunately, each of his football hires have also had their tenures end in a big thud. It will be interesting to see if he follows suit with another big name, or tries and gets an up-and-coming coach instead.

An interesting name to consider for head coaching vacancies would be Bo Pelini. I believe Nebraska's salary buyout ends this year (or recently ended). He could look to make the jump back into FBS.

RE: David Beaty Fired by KU - hawghiggs - 11-04-2018 07:04 PM

I look for him to hire Bielema.

RE: David Beaty Fired by KU - JRsec - 11-04-2018 08:09 PM

(11-04-2018 07:04 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  I look for him to hire Bielema.

Kansas is in a different situation here. I don't think they can afford to hire anyone but a proven winner and expect to be taken seriously in the realignment that is 4 years away. I think they will go hard after a top industry name and hope to show results by 2022. I think they have to if they aren't to be left behind when the Big 12 is raided.

RE: David Beaty Fired by KU - Kaplony - 11-04-2018 09:19 PM

(11-04-2018 06:48 PM)GoldenWarrior11 Wrote:  An interesting name to consider for head coaching vacancies would be Bo Pelini. I believe Nebraska's salary buyout ends this year (or recently ended). He could look to make the jump back into FBS.

They could do a lot worse. Bo would certainly have more name recognition than David Beaty had on the recruiting trail.

RE: David Beaty Fired by KU - goofus - 11-04-2018 10:00 PM

Jeff Long hired Bielema once. Why not hire him again?

RE: David Beaty Fired by KU - templefootballfan - 11-04-2018 10:06 PM

tough sell, KU has no natural recuriting area
alot of kids from Tex, fair amount from Cali & Fla with ton of JC

how many div1 players are in Canada
would option off work

RE: David Beaty Fired by KU - IWokeUpLikeThis - 11-04-2018 10:07 PM

(11-04-2018 10:00 PM)goofus Wrote:  Jeff Long hired Bielema once. Why not hire him again?

[Image: brett2.gif]

[Image: biel-with-it-2.gif]

RE: David Beaty Fired by KU - hawghiggs - 11-04-2018 11:04 PM

(11-04-2018 08:09 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

Kansas is in a different situation here. I don't think they can afford to hire anyone but a proven winner and expect to be taken seriously in the realignment that is 4 years away. I think they will go hard after a top industry name and hope to show results by 2022. I think they have to if they aren't to be left behind when the Big 12 is raided.

They won't get a proven winner and realignment most likely won't go the way you are thinking.

RE: David Beaty Fired by KU - JRsec - 11-04-2018 11:12 PM

(11-04-2018 11:04 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  
(11-04-2018 08:09 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

They won't get a proven winner and realignment most likely won't go the way you are thinking.

Oh it's headed that way, with or without the Alston ruling. The question is simply who gets left behind. And I don't think Kansas wants to be one of them.

RE: David Beaty Fired by KU - sierrajip - 11-04-2018 11:25 PM

Yet Rutgers coach Chris Ash will still be there.

RE: David Beaty Fired by KU - Ohio Poly - 11-06-2018 10:53 AM

Matt Campbell could get them turned around!

RE: David Beaty Fired by KU - bluesox - 11-06-2018 11:11 AM

Skip holtz to KU, les miles to la tech ?