CSNbbs
FBS OOC schedules for 2019 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: FBS OOC schedules for 2019 (/thread-870881.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

FBS OOC schedules for 2019 - ken d - 02-20-2019 11:11 AM

In the past, I have been reluctant to criticize the SEC's scheduling practices. In that respect, I'm probably in the minority on this board. But the SEC, IMO, has outdone itself this year. Of their 56 OOC games, only 6 are to be played on their opponents' home field.

Tennessee and Arkansas not only play no road games, they don't play any P5 opponents either. Way to go, guys. You will really earn that bowl trip, and the bonuses that come with it.

Congratulations, SEC. You win the Weenie of the Year Award, hands down.

I would be remiss, though, if I didn't give an Honorable Mention to the B1G. They managed to avoid going on the road 34 out of 42 times. To their credit, 5 of their 8 road games are against G5 opponents. Three of those (Illinois @ Connecticut, Wisconsin @ South Florida, and Minnesota @ Fresno) make up for those schools not playing any P5 opponents at all OOC.

But kudos to Purdue, which hosts Vandy and TCU while traveling to Nevada. There's always some school that didn't get the memo.

And kudos, also, to the AAC. We may laugh at their P6 claim, but they will play 10 road games against P5 opponents. Just as important, they will play 9 more P5s on AAC fields this year.

Special mention goes to USF, which hosts Wisconsin and BYU while traveling to Atlanta to play Georgia Tech. And to Stanford, which plays UCF in Orlando and hosts Northwestern and Notre Dame in addition to its 9 PAC games.

Another note that was interesting to me was that, of the 8 schools that will play @Hawaii this season, only Army has elected to use the Hawaii rule to play a 13th regular season game. The others all opted to keep the second bye week the calendar provides everyone this season.

RE: FBS OOC schedules for 2019 - Gamecock - 02-20-2019 11:14 AM

No such issues at South Carolina.

Clemson, UNC in Charlotte, Sunbelt Champion App State, and Charleston Southern. We even moved the FCS game to September to keep the Big Ten fans happy.

RE: FBS OOC schedules for 2019 - Bobcat2013 - 02-20-2019 11:38 AM

If I can remember correctly ours is

@A&M
vs Wyoming
@SMU
vs Nicholls

so solid P5
solid G5
solid G5
solid FCS with some recent FBS upsets.

The great thing for TXST fans is that the two away games are both within 3 hours of SM. For me it's 1.5 and 2 hours to A&M and SMU respectively.

RE: FBS OOC schedules for 2019 - IWokeUpLikeThis - 02-20-2019 11:40 AM

Purdue hosted Mizzou/BC/EMU last year as well. I love their scheduling.

RE: FBS OOC schedules for 2019 - ken d - 02-20-2019 11:42 AM

(02-20-2019 11:38 AM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  If I can remember correctly ours is

@A&M
vs Wyoming
@SMU
vs Nicholls

so solid P5
solid G5
solid G5

The great thing for TXST fans is that the two away games are both within 3 hours of SM. For me it's 1.5 and 2 hours to A&M and SMU respectively.

The Belt doesn't get any of its 13 P5 opponents at home this year. I'm hoping that will change in future years.

RE: FBS OOC schedules for 2019 - DustMyBroom - 02-20-2019 11:48 AM

We play:

Alcorn
Troy
Mississippi State
Alabama

41-13 last year

RE: FBS OOC schedules for 2019 - ken d - 02-20-2019 11:53 AM

(02-20-2019 11:14 AM)Gamecock Wrote:  No such issues at South Carolina.

@ Clemson, UNC in Charlotte, Sunbelt Champion App State, and Charleston Southern. We even moved the FCS game to September to keep the Big Ten fans happy.

IIRC, the Tarheels haven't beaten the Gamecocks in more than 25 years. Unless they find a QB, they probably won't win this year either.

Edit: Come to think of it, Mack Brown was the last FB coach to beat USCe. And the world turns.....

RE: FBS OOC schedules for 2019 - Bobcat2013 - 02-20-2019 11:53 AM

(02-20-2019 11:42 AM)ken d Wrote:  

@A&M
vs Wyoming
@SMU
vs Nicholls

so solid P5
solid G5
solid G5

The Belt doesn't get any of its 13 P5 opponents at home this year. I'm hoping that will change in future years.

Our next one is Baylor in 21 and then Arizona State in 24. Can't wait!

RE: FBS OOC schedules for 2019 - Kaplony - 02-20-2019 11:59 AM

(02-20-2019 11:14 AM)Gamecock Wrote:  No such issues at South Carolina.

@ Clemson, UNC in Charlotte, Sunbelt Champion App State, and Charleston Southern. We even moved the FCS game to September to keep the Big Ten fans happy.

We play in the dead cockroach this year.

RE: FBS OOC schedules for 2019 - Curtisc83 - 02-20-2019 12:08 PM

We (Liberty) play 1 P5 at home and 3 away P5 games in 2019.

RE: FBS OOC schedules for 2019 - seaking4steel - 02-20-2019 12:47 PM

(02-20-2019 11:42 AM)ken d Wrote:  

@A&M
vs Wyoming
@SMU
vs Nicholls

so solid P5
solid G5
solid G5

App has both UNC and South Carolina at home in the future.

RE: FBS OOC schedules for 2019 - DavidSt - 02-20-2019 01:39 PM

(02-20-2019 11:11 AM)ken d Wrote:  In the past, I have been reluctant to criticize the SEC's scheduling practices. In that respect, I'm probably in the minority on this board. But the SEC, IMO, has outdone itself this year. Of their 56 OOC games, only 6 are to be played on their opponents' home field.

Tennessee and Arkansas not only play no road games, they don't play any P5 opponents either. Way to go, guys. You will really earn that bowl trip, and the bonuses that come with it.

I would be remiss, though, if I didn't give an Honorable Mention to the B1G. They managed to avoid going on the road 34 out of 42 times. To their credit, 5 of their 8 road games are against G5 opponents. Three of those (Illinois @ Connecticut, Wisconsin @ South Florida, and Minnesota @ Fresno) make up for those schools not playing any P5 opponents at all OOC.

But kudos to Purdue, which hosts Vandy and TCU while traveling to Nevada. There's always some school that didn't get the memo.

And kudos, also, to the AAC. We may laugh at their P6 claim, but they will play 10 road games against P5 opponents. Just as important, they will play 9 more P5s on AAC fields this year.

Special mention goes to USF, which hosts Wisconsin and BYU while traveling to Atlanta to play Georgia Tech. And to Stanford, which plays UCF in Orlando and hosts Northwestern and Notre Dame in addition to its 9 PAC games.

Another note that was interesting to me was that, of the 8 schools that will play @Hawaii this season, only Army has elected to use the Hawaii rule to play a 13th regular season game. The others all opted to keep the second bye week the calendar provides everyone this season.

Arkansas may not get there if they lose to Colorado State. They could lose to to the best D2 school from last year. The hogs do not need to sleep on FCS or G5 schools or they lose.

RE: FBS OOC schedules for 2019 - UTEPDallas - 02-20-2019 02:07 PM

UTEP:
-Houston Baptist
-@Texas Tech
-Nevada
-@New Mexico State (game will be on Thanksgiving weekend, it’s always in September)

Penn State:
-Idaho (they were still FBS when they were scheduled)
-Buffalo
-Pitt

RE: FBS OOC schedules for 2019 - Captain Bearcat - 02-20-2019 04:50 PM

Cincinnati:
vs UCLA
at Ohio State
vs Miami (OH) (rivalry game)
at Marshall

UC also plays UCF, Houston, and Memphis as in-conference games, plus the conference title game. If UC runs the table, we'll have a very good argument for inclusion in the playoff.

RE: FBS OOC schedules for 2019 - mturn017 - 02-20-2019 05:00 PM

ODU:

2019:

Norfolk State
@VT
@UVA
ECU

2020:

Wake Forest
@UNC
UVA
(FCS School TBA I'm assuming)

edit: we were originally supposed to play at Buffalo in 2020 but they asked to move the game back so they could play Ohio St for a pay day. we agreed on the condition that the game is played in Norfolk so now the Bulls will visit Norfolk in 2021 and 2023 with no return game.

RE: FBS OOC schedules for 2019 - TrueBlueDrew - 02-20-2019 05:29 PM

@LSU
vs. Maine
@Minnesota
vs. NMSU

Pretty average OOC schedule for a G5 program. This season we've deviated from our usual OOC structure which is 1 Money game with P5, 1 gimme game vs the FCS, and 2 home-homes with fellow G5's.

LSU has a very tough OOC schedule. All their non-conference FBS games are against teams with >10 wins last year (Georgia Southern, Texas, and Utah St)

RE: FBS OOC schedules for 2019 - Scoochpooch1 - 02-20-2019 06:33 PM

(02-20-2019 11:11 AM)ken d Wrote:  In the past, I have been reluctant to criticize the SEC's scheduling practices. In that respect, I'm probably in the minority on this board. But the SEC, IMO, has outdone itself this year. Of their 56 OOC games, only 6 are to be played on their opponents' home field.

You've simply proved that non-rival OOC games should be cancelled and replaced by more conference games where everyone has to play home and home.

RE: FBS OOC schedules for 2019 - ken d - 02-20-2019 09:39 PM

(02-20-2019 06:33 PM)Scoochpooch1 Wrote:  

You've simply proved that non-rival OOC games should be cancelled and replaced by more conference games where everyone has to play home and home.

Are you volunteering to personally replace the revenue lost by schools that now play 7, and sometimes 8, home games? 07-coffee3

RE: FBS OOC schedules for 2019 - Side Show Joe - 02-20-2019 10:04 PM

The other G5 conferences envy the exposure and media money the AAC has managed to command, and the highlighted portion of your post is a big part of why they can have those deals. As the home teams of those P5 match-ups, they control the media rights to those games. For G5 programs not in the AAC or any of the other G5 conferences to gain ground, they must kick their body-bag addiction, and sign home and home series with P5 programs.

RE: FBS OOC schedules for 2019 - JRsec - 02-20-2019 11:07 PM

Hey Dummy! You do know that the SEC earns 5.5 million per home game against G5's or less (tickets, donations, concessions, parking, etc.) and every SEC school schedules 7 home games because we lose 3.5 million by playing a non P5 away right? And you remember we play 8 conference games of which 4 are at home and 4 are away right? Well that means we schedule those OOC games which are not P5's (3 per school at home) and we schedule the OOC P5 games either home and home or at neutral sites right?

Well guess what? That means we have 6 away games out of the 12 reserved for playing out of conference P5's and we play the other 6 either at a neutral site or at home.

It's not about weenies, its about Benjamins and you ought to think about that when the ACC schools earns an average of 27 million less per year than the average SEC school when total revenue is figured at the end of each year.

Yeah that's right! It's called a business model and that's where A.D.'s earn their keep!

But I guess a bunch of basketball schools can't figure that out huh?

But the Big 10 sure as hell knows about it. Oh, but that could be because they are 2nd in total attendance and they lose money when they play on the road too. And Purdue, well they just need every dime they can get because they sure don't spend money on facilities.

Oh and one other thing. Do you know why the SEC and Big 10 schools have no problems scheduling G5's at home? Because the visiting G5 schools usually earn more playing in our venues than they could make at home. Playing more home games is a sign of the economic strength of a conference, not its weakness. There's a reason ACC schools schedule G5's at their home stadiums.