CSNbbs
WTF is a black national anthem and why is th NFL - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: WTF is a black national anthem and why is th NFL (/thread-902183.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

WTF is a black national anthem and why is th NFL - DFWMINER - 07-02-2020 08:35 PM

NFL to play "black national anthem " prior to tradional anthem?

Will people stand for that? Will there be fights if you don't?

Can one kneel during that one?

Go woke go broke.

RE: WTF is a black national anthem and why is th NFL - Native Georgian - 07-02-2020 08:41 PM

That’s a real thing. The title is “Lift Every Voice and Sing”. It’s been called the unofficial “Black National Anthem” for a long time. That’s not a woke invention.

RE: WTF is a black national anthem and why is th NFL - CrimsonPhantom - 07-02-2020 08:43 PM

Quote:Four weeks after commissioner Roger Goodell vowed to listen to and work with players in their fight for racial equality, the NFL is in the process of solidifying plans to honor victims of systemic racism with a number of in-game programs during opening week of the 2020 season.

Starting with the nationally televised regular-season opener between the Houston Texans and Kansas City Chiefs on Sept. 10, “Lift Every Voice and Sing,” also known as the Black national anthem, will be performed before every Week 1 kickoff, before "The Star-Spangled Banner," according to a person familiar with ongoing discussions. The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because plans have not yet been finalized and announced by NFL officials.

Both anthems will be televised Sunday afternoon, and on "Sunday Night Football" and "Monday Night Football" contests as well. ESPN’s "Undefeated" first reported news of these plans.

The person said after brainstorming with numerous players and the NFL Players Association, NFL officials also plan to honor victims of police brutality through elements such as helmet decals or jerseys. It’s also expected that the Week 1 broadcasts will feature a number of educational PSAs about victims and their families.

Link

Here it is:

RE: WTF is a black national anthem and why is th NFL - BartlettTigerFan - 07-02-2020 08:45 PM

What's a NFL?

RE: WTF is a black national anthem and why is th NFL - No Bull - 07-02-2020 09:05 PM

I have loved the NFL since the mid 70’s but this is where I get off the ride.

RE: WTF is a black national anthem and why is th NFL - banker - 07-02-2020 09:14 PM

It's not Gansta Paradise by Coolio?

RE: WTF is a black national anthem and why is th NFL - usmbacker - 07-02-2020 09:15 PM

NFL was already dead to me. Don't care what the hell they do.

RE: WTF is a black national anthem and why is th NFL - rath v2.0 - 07-02-2020 09:25 PM

Lol

The NFL is the soy boy league now.

RE: WTF is a black national anthem and why is th NFL - GeminiCoog - 07-02-2020 09:30 PM

Yes, let's divide the country even further, NFL. Let's lose even more viewers.

Can we please have a reset button for 2020? We all deserve a do-over for this stupid year.

RE: WTF is a black national anthem and why is th NFL - Fort Bend Owl - 07-02-2020 09:30 PM

I guess you need to give up NASCAR too because they just did the same thing last weekend.

https://www.theroot.com/nascar-taps-mike-phillips-to-play-the-national-anthem-a-1844202804

RE: WTF is a black national anthem and why is th NFL - GeminiCoog - 07-02-2020 09:31 PM

(07-02-2020 09:30 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  I guess you need to give up NASCAR too because they just did the same thing last weekend.

https://www.theroot.com/nascar-taps-mike-phillips-to-play-the-national-anthem-a-1844202804

I don't watch NASCAR anyway. Haven't since Jeff Gordon and Dale Jr. retired.

RE: WTF is a black national anthem and why is th NFL - BartlettTigerFan - 07-02-2020 09:31 PM

(07-02-2020 09:30 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  I guess you need to give up NASCAR too because they just did the same thing last weekend.

Done. Next?

RE: WTF is a black national anthem and why is th NFL - usmbacker - 07-02-2020 09:32 PM

One question. Is it ok to kneel during the black national anthem?

RE: WTF is a black national anthem and why is th NFL - GeminiCoog - 07-02-2020 09:36 PM

(07-02-2020 09:32 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  One question. Is it ok to kneel during the black national anthem?

If you do, you're gonna be called a racist and such even though you're protesting the division of America by leftist activism and terrorism. (Oh, and a gleefully active "mainstream" press.)

Screw it. Do it anyway. Let the leftists show their hypocrisy. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

WTF is a black national anthem and why is th NFL - pcm0103 - 07-02-2020 09:44 PM

Wow! You guys panties are really in a bunch. I hate to see what you would do if it was played all season at every game.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RE: WTF is a black national anthem and why is th NFL - Native Georgian - 07-02-2020 09:44 PM

Having been a white kid in Georgia/Alabama/North Florida for basically my whole life, it’s sorta sacrilege to say this. But I simply never ever got into NASCAR. Or other forms of racing. Just never seemed that interesting to me. I did go to Talladega Speedway one time. Not bad, but no particular desire to go again.

But the Ricky Bobby movie did make me laugh.

RE: WTF is a black national anthem and why is th NFL - tigersroll - 07-02-2020 10:06 PM

Good move NFL. Time for some of you to get on board.

RE: WTF is a black national anthem and why is th NFL - miko33 - 07-02-2020 10:12 PM

(07-02-2020 09:44 PM)pcm0103 Wrote:  Wow! You guys panties are really in a bunch. I hate to see what you would do if it was played all season at every game.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's been said before, but I don't want to see politics pushed at sporting events. The most insufferable part of the NFL will be the half time features, commentary throughout the game, calls for Kaperdick to be reinstated despite not having very good QB skills anymore, etc... Nothing but pandering to a group of people who are showing outrage of a statistic that is a small fraction of the total annual deaths of black people who were killed by fellow blacks.

There IS a problem for blacks in our country. That problem is traced to those blacks who are living in the inner city neighborhoods of Democrat controlled cities - cities that are in fact heavily dominated by Dem party rule for generations. Yet the true root cause and those primarily to blame for a large percentage of black people problems are not only ignored by our media - the problems are figuratively swept under the rug as if they aren't real problems.

It's a joke. All of this going on today is a joke. Because at the end of the day, these protesters will have accomplished nothing but cause pain and anguish to the tax payers who will have to pay for the largess of these protesters/rioters/looters. What's worse is that these people protesting in the streets are nothing more than useful idiots - pawns for the Dems in position of power who don't want to get their hands dirty.

RE: WTF is a black national anthem and why is th NFL - TexanMark - 07-02-2020 10:52 PM

(07-02-2020 09:05 PM)No Bull Wrote:  I have loved the NFL since the mid 70’s but this is where I get off the ride.

I got off after Kaperdick did his thing...never looked back.. granted I'm wasn't a huge NFL guy

RE: WTF is a black national anthem and why is th NFL - fsquid - 07-02-2020 11:12 PM

(07-02-2020 09:14 PM)banker Wrote:  It's not Gansta Paradise by Coolio?
You and your homie will be lined in chalk

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk