CSNbbs
Attention MAC - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+----- Forum: CUSA Smack Talk (/forum-450.html)
+----- Thread: Attention MAC (/thread-91906.html)

Pages: 1 2

- HerdZoned - 12-04-2003 07:02 PM

E-M-P-T-Y

- herdnerd - 12-04-2003 07:04 PM

Hell, it's in a damn corn field for gods sake. I'm looking for a bon fire and those evil children of the corn! :D

- MichiganTiger - 12-04-2003 07:05 PM

ESPN showed a shot of the home side after a commercial; it looked packed.

- -Xavier- - 12-04-2003 07:31 PM

Note: Home SIDE.

It's like High School Football.

- Guest - 12-04-2003 09:48 PM

I would say they are lucky to have 22,000 there.Even when BG scores it sounds like a highschool playoff crowd 03-wink

I will say it has been a very entertaining game to watch.Ben fjkdsjfksdjflkdsjfdk is a awesome QB.

- MUHERD - 12-04-2003 09:48 PM

that place is a piece of SH*T......it is right off the interstate 03-puke
plus this year they have a corn field right by it lol....I guess so they can walk off the field in those BLAZE orange uni's and go deer hunting!

Everytime the MAC plays the game anywhere but in Huntington it isn't fULL......

- Tulsaman - 12-04-2003 09:56 PM

they could go hunting in those uniforms.
So can oregon in their yellow uniforms. 03-puke

- HerdZoned - 12-04-2003 10:03 PM

Miami running away now

49-20

- cusademon - 12-04-2003 11:41 PM

I think the official attendance was 24,813...........I thought it looked pretty full, especially on the home side. I think that is almost the same attendance Marshall had the last time they hosted the MACC (I know one time they hosted it was around 24K.......not sure which year). I think the last time the Rockets hosted the game it was also about the same attendance.

With the game switching between East and West representative, it is hard to market the game and hard for fans to make plans for the weeknight game on short notice.
By the way, I didn't criticize the Herd when they ahd 24K for the MACC game they hosted, either.

I perused the Herd Board tonight, and you won't find one word positive about the MACC tonight........just presumptious comments about the lousy crowd, etc. Green with envy I'd say.

- Rob T - 12-05-2003 12:01 AM

exCincy Kid Wrote:I think the official attendance was 24,813...........I thought it looked pretty full, especially on the home side. I think that is almost the same attendance Marshall had the last time they hosted the MACC (I know one time they hosted it was around 24K.......not sure which year). I think the last time the Rockets hosted the game it was also about the same attendance.

By the way, I didn't criticize the Herd when they ahd 24K for the MACC game they hosted, either.

I perused the Herd Board tonight, and you won't find one word positive about the MACC tonight........just presumptious comments about the lousy crowd, etc. Green with envy I'd say.
You can criticize The Herd all you want. Better check the attendance stats first, as Marshall has been above Miami every year since 97.

Marshall did draw 24, 816 in 2000 (24, 806 of them wore green) for the MACC.

We also drew 24, 582 for last year's title game. Of those, roughly 24, 570+ were Herd fans.

Toledo drew 20, 025 in the 2001 MACC they hosted.

Green with envy? Make sure you pound all the moth's from your shirt while pounding your chest. By the way, how many fans did Miami draw last time they hosted a MACC? :D

- Mustangs35SMU - 12-05-2003 12:05 AM

-Xavier- Wrote:Note: Home SIDE.

It's like High School Football.
That is if you're not 5A/4A team in EAST Texas

We always bring tons of people

- cusademon - 12-05-2003 12:12 AM

Herdfan4Life: I'm not criticizing the Herd fans...........I'm criticizing some of the blowhard MUg smack-talkers. The fans in H-Ton are great, and Marshall led the MAC in attendance (again), but Miami was only 4K/game behind after finally breaking through and winning the MAC.

Back when the Herd had around 24K for the MACC, some of the MAC fans did criticize Herd fans, but I think that was some 'payback" for the continual smack Herd fans were laying down on the other MAC team's attendance. I never criticized the Herd for that crowd, then or today.....and I'm not the one criticizing BG's crowd tonight. (but Herd fans are)

- MUTeke - 12-05-2003 08:14 AM

First off congratulations to the Redhawks....looking forward to getting both trophies back to Huntington next year.

Cinci, I don't think it's envy. After 5 championships and 6 appearences in the MACC over the last 7 years I think it's people trying to comprehend not playing for the championship at all...unchartered territory you know what I mean. Some are giving MU and BUGS their just do and some just lash out about attendance. And I will say 24,000 at Doyt Perry looks alot better than 24,000 at Marshall Stadium.

The thought I had while watching the game was this....

There sure are alot of empty seats for a conference championship game between 2 ranked programs that haven't played in the MACC for at least 7 years. I don't know what more a fan of either school could hope for....

That being said it looked like their were alot of Redhawk fans that made the trip....and congrats again.

Go Herd

- Guest - 12-05-2003 08:32 AM

[QUOTE]I perused the Herd Board tonight, and you won't find one word positive about the MACC tonight........just presumptious comments about the lousy crowd, etc. Green with envy I'd say.

Why would you persue a Herd board after winning a MAC championship?Why not celebrate on your own board?

If you look around their are plenty of Marshall fans giving you congrats.What more do you want :laugh:

- outkast50 - 12-05-2003 09:30 AM

Re: Attendance

If you can't beat a MAC team on the field, are you resorting to beating them in the stands?

- cusademon - 12-05-2003 10:44 AM

Herdya, I don't lay down any smack at the Herd boards........in fact, I do like to peruse the board partly due to the interesting comments you get to see from the ESPN Regional Director (DShoe), a Herd grad. I was curious about the bowl situation for BG (they did get the MCB offer after the game), and what the "take" on the game was since there was so much positive hype on Big Ben and how Pennington at Marshall influenced his choice of going to a MAC school. My mistake obviously.

- -Xavier- - 12-05-2003 06:47 PM

Okie. Teams don't make money unless there's people in the stands. Of course Central Michigan probably doesn't know anything about that.

- Schadenfreude - 12-05-2003 10:28 PM

HerdZoned Wrote:E-M-P-T-Y
Thursday's crowd was the same size as the last two MAC championship games held in Huntington.

Considering the size of our stadium, I'd say yours was E-M-P-T-I-E-R.

BGSU did well considering:

1. No one knew where the game would be played until five days and two hours before kickoff.
2. It was first MAC game championship game ever played on a Thursday night.

- HuskyNan - 12-06-2003 12:13 AM

HerdZoned Wrote:E-M-P-T-Y
This is a C-USA board.... nobody here gives a ******! Including ME!

- herdon1 - 12-06-2003 06:44 AM

I agree, MAC losers take it back to your 1aa board, thank you 04-rock